Frutos del Maipo was formed in 1978, originally to provide fruit for jam producers in Chile. Using both fresh and frozen fruit, it now supplies the national industry all year round, as well as the principal markets of Europe, the USA and Japan. Its sales last year reached 8,000 tons and were valued at US'12m, representing 30% of the Chilean market.
4. The UK is Chile's fourth largest European importer of frozen produce, importing over three million tons, valued at US'6m. The distance between Santiago and the UK means that most of this fruit and vegetable cargo is transported by air. British airways has benefited from the dramatic increase in exports to the UK, adding a third direct weekly flight to Santiago. BA's World Cargo Division has seen a 45% growth in the movement of fresh goods from Chile to the UK in the last year. According to Rodrigo Casal of British Airways World Cargo, this trade between Chile and the UK will continue to grow at a rapid rate.
For questions 33-36, choose the best title for each numbered paragraph from the list below.
For each numbered paragraph 1-4, mark one letter (A-G).
33. Paragraph 1.
34. Paragraph 2.
35. Paragraph 3.
36. Paragraph 4.
A. Developing the export range
B. The importance of the US and Japan
C. Protection from disease
D. A Chilean company's success
E. Competition from technology
F. Natural advantages
G. Increased freight business
Using the information in the text, complete each sentence 37-40 with a phrase A-G from the list below.
For each question 37-40, mark one letter (A-G).
Do not use any letter more once.
37. The biggest importers of Chilean fruit and vegetables are _____.
38. Chile has realised the importance of using _____.
39. A particularly large increase occurred in exports of _____.
40. Frutos del Maipo started by supplying _____.
A. Frozen fruit and vegetables
B. other Latin American countries
C. the jam industry
D. up-to-date processing methods
E. modern air-freight terminals
F. European countries
G. juices and jams