You are going to hear three conversations. Before listening to each conversation, you will have 5 seconds to read each of the questions which accompany it. After listening, you will have time to answer each question by choosing A, B, C or D. You will hear each passage or conversation ONLY ONCE.
Mark your answers in your test booklet.
Questions 11-13 are based on the following conversation. You now have 15 seconds to read the questions II -13.
11. According to the conversation, what is one problem with arm exercises?
[ A] They don't get rid of flabby arm.
[B] They can damage arm muscles.
[ C] They aren't acceptable to most people.
[ D] They can raise one's blood pressure.
12. According to the conversation, what are the experts now recommending?
[A] Exercising the entire body.
[B] Having your blood pressure taken daily.
[ C ] Losing weight prior to exercising.
[D] Weighing in before each exercise session.
13. Which of the following exercises is suggested?
[A] Wearing arm weights while you are swimming.
[ B] Jogging vigorously in one place for a long time.
[ C ] Using bicycles that require you to use both your arms and legs.
[D] Walking slowly while swinging your arms back and forth.
You now have 30 seconds to check your answers to questions 11 -13.
Questions 14 - 19 are based on the following conversation. You now have 30 seconds to read the questions 14 -19.
14. Why does the woman want David to sign up for the course?
[ A] He needs to take one more course in order to finish his credit requirements.
[B] He plays an instrument the group needs.
[ C ] She thinks taking the course would improve his grades in general.
[D] She thinks he's the best musician at the college.
15. Why is David not sure that he wants to sign up?
[A] He doesn't have an instrument of his own.
[ B] He doesn't like to play in small groups.
[C] He doesn't think he can play well enough.
[ D] He isn't sure whether he has enough free time.
16. How often will the group meet?
[A] Once a week. [B] Twice a week.
[C] Every other day. [D] Every evening.
17. What instrument does the director of the group play in the city of orchestra?
[A] Cello. [B] Viola.
[C] Violin. [D] Bass.
18. What is the level of the musical proficiency of the most group members?
[A] Beginning. [B] Intermediate.
[C] Advanced. [D] Professional.
19. What will David do this evening?
[A] Try to find his music books.
[B] Look for a new instrument.
[ C ] Start taking lessons from a professional.
[D] Practice his instrument.
You now have 60 seconds to check your answers to questions 14 - 19.
Questions 20 - 25 are based on the following conversation. You now have 30 seconds to read the questions 20 -25.
20. To what student body office does the man want to be elected?
[ A ] Senator. [ B ] Treasurer.
[C] Secretary. [D] President.
21. Who is the woman?
[A] A camp counselor. [B] A candidate.
[ C ] A radio announcer. [D] A campaign manager.
22. Where will they put the posters?
[A] In the hallways. [B] In the man's room.
[C] In the cafeteria. [D] In the radio station.
23. When is the radio broadcast scheduled?
[A] In the morning. [B] During lunch.
[C] In the afternoon. [D] During dinner.
24. What will the man do tonight?
[A] Make posters. [B] Write a speech.
[C] Answer questions. [D] Study for chemistry.
25. What will they do after chemistry class?
[ A] Compare their lecture notes. [ B] Review the man's talk.
[C] Prepare questions to ask candidates. [D] Vote in the school election.
You now have 60 seconds to check your answers to questions 20 -25.
Now you have 3 minutes to transfer your answers from your test booklet to the ANSWER SHEET 1.
That is the end of the listening comprehension section.
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：写作（11月22日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月21日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月20日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月19日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月18日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月17日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月16日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月15日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月14日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：写作（11月13日）