You are going to hear four conversations. Before listening to each conversation, you will have 5seconds to read each of the questions which accompany it. After listening, you will have time to answer each question by choosing A, B, C or D. You will hear each passage or conversation ONLY ONCE.Mark your answers in your test booklet.
Questions 11-14 are based on the following conversation. You now have 20 seconds to read the questions II -14.
11. When did the conversation take place?
[A] Before summer vacation. [B] During summer vacation.
[C] After summer vacation. [D] In class.
12. Who are the two speakers?
[A] Brother and sister. [B] Unemployed young man and woman.
[C] College students. [D] High school kids.
13. What kind of jobs does the man prefer?
[A] Camp jobs. [B] A job at a hotel.
[C] A job in the open air. [ D ] Cutting grass.
14. What do we learn from this conversation?
[A] Camp jobs are very attractive.
[ B ] Customers at hotels usually give tips to waiters.
[ C ] High school kids usually help their parents cutting grass.
[D] The man wants a job outside because machines do all the work.
You now have 40 seconds to check your answers to questions 11 - 14.
Questions 15-18 are based on the following conversation. You now have 20 seconds to read the questions 15 -18.
15. Where does this conversation take place?
[A] In Detroit. [B] At the railroad station.
[C] At the bus station. [D] At Cleveland airport.
16. Why does the traveler want to take a bus?
[A] The bus tickets are cheaper than the train tickets.
[ B ] The bus trip is comfortable because it is air-conditioned.
[C] Bus stops at several cities along the way.
[D] The traveler wants to experience another way of traveling.
17. Why are the bus tickets much cheaper than the train tickets?
[A] The bus trip takes longer time.
[B] The bus stops at several cities.
[C] Few people enjoy bus trip.
[D] There is no rest room in the bus.
18. Why couldn't the passenger use the train ticket to pay for the bus ticket?
[A] The train ticket costs more than the bus ticket.
[B] The train station belongs to another company.
[ C] Her uncle and aunt don't agree with him to do so.
[ D] She doesn't want to pay extra money to the bus station.
You now have 40 seconds to check your answers to questions 15 -18.
Questions 19-22 are based on the following news report. You now have 20 seconds to read the questions 19 -22.
19. Why did the students clean the cars?
[ A ] They wanted to help the cleaner's daughter.
[B] They wanted to earn some pocket money.
[C] They needed money for their classmate's medical expenses.
[D] They wanted to help a hospital.
20. What was the biggest problem the cleaner's daughter faced?
[A] She had a serious heart disease.
[B] She would not clean the cars herself.
[C] Her father was ill and she had no family in Hong Kong.
[D] Her school friends were too poor to help her.
21. Whom did they also turn to for the funeral expenses?
[A] The girl's relatives. [B] The car owners.
[C] Their parents. [D] Residents of the building.
22. What did the girl want to do?
[A] To live with her relatives. [B] To be independent.
[ C] To become a doctor. [ D] To stay with one of her classmates.
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：写作（11月22日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月21日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月20日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月19日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月18日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月17日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月16日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月15日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月14日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：写作（11月13日）