The purpose of football match is the goal and anti-goal. The characteristic is to fight for the ball, time and space. The attack is luring, utilizing the opponent's mistake to achieve the goal. Defense is a behavior of controlling, disorganizing the opponent in order to achieve the anti-goal. So some fouls and ungentlemanly conduct is natural. Body contact and charging between players is unavoidable. Fouls exist objectively. With the level of technical and tactical development and players' ability's improvement, aggression in the match is more violent and fierce; body contact between players appears more and more, which make fouls appearing more and more too.
The present will analyze the rule and characteristic of fouls in European Cup and Asia Cup football match. According to some research technique, we can see:
1. In the modern football matches, Asian players and European players mainly make fouls with direct free kick, which is more than indirect free kick by numbers. The means of fouls is mostly person foul which has certain attack.
2. The foul frequency shows significant discrepancy between Asian Cup and European Cup of match. Fouls in peak-hour in Asian Cup arises always at the beginning and close to the end of the match; but fouls in peak-hour in European Cup appear at the beginning of the second half and close to match. Regardless of Asian cup and European cup, the quantity of red cards and yellow cards is higher in second half than first half obviously.
3. The common characteristic of fouls in Asia Cup and Europe Cup is that fouls always appear in the middle way of midfield. Fouls appear more in the own half in Asia, while appear more in the opposing half and midfield in Europe Cup. Red cards and yellow cards centers in the middle ways of the midfield mainly.
4. Asian players' fouls with low limbs is higher than with upper limbs and concentrate on low limbs' stamping and upper limbs' drawing; European players' fouls with upper limbs is higher than low limbs and mainly concentrate on stamping and tripping.
5. It is easy for Asian players to be offside when attacking and more frequently than European players. Fouls in peak-hour appear at the beginning stage of a match, and forwards make fouls easily.
In a word, according to the research on the characteristic and rule of fouls between 2004Asian Cup and European Cup, we can find out there is a heavy disparity between Asian players and European players, no matter the application in the physique, basic techniques, comprehensive tactics, especially the application of fouls tactics. Reasons are in many aspects: Asian soccer's developing time is short, professional match is still not ripe, understanding to soccer is still not deep, and referee's level of Asian soccer relatively low. So, the development of the Asian soccer's integral level is not a thing overnight. It must follow the rule of development of the football, manage and train scientifically according to the characteristic of our own teams. The purpose of this paper is to find the characteristic of foul in the match so as to give referee and football team's training some reference and the beneficial theory.
Keywords: football fouls movement characteristics