Anti-Sikh Riots Lawyer Honoured in US
California's Lieutenant-Governor Cruz M Bustamante has honoured senior lawyer HS Phoolka with an achievement award and a state commendation for his role in the justice struggle for victims of the 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
At a weekend event organised by the California Sikh Council at Los Angles, the Lt-Governor handed over the Sikh Heritage and Achievement Award to Phoolka.
The Lt-Governor also presented him with a state commendation certificate for human rights advocacy.
At the function, Senator Barbara Boxer awarded a certificate of appreciation to Phoolka for outstanding services, a press statement said in New Delhi.
Phoolka has been the main counsel for the victims before the Mishra and Nanavati commissions that investigated the anti-Sikh bloodshed in and around Delhi following the assassination of then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- · 修订后的《选举法》八大亮点
- · “6·19”网络侵权案进入司法程序
- · 6-Year-Old Girl Dies in Tenn. Bear Attack
- · Reports: Grand Jury Investigating Bonds
- · 误伤者若死亡切尼将被控过失杀人
- · Sony BMG's Copy-Protection Quagmire
- · Heroin Enters Prisons via Legal Loophole
- · "We're Not Breaking Any Law"
- · Manslaughter Law "Needs Tightening"
- · Law Review to Redefine Murder