Part IV Short Answer Questions
We commonly think of sportsmanship in connection with athletic contests, but it also applies to individual outdoor sports. Not everyone who picks up a fishing rod or goes out with a gun is a sportsman. The sportsman first of all obeys the fish and game laws, not because he is liable to be punished as a violator, but because he know that in the main these laws are made for his best interests.
The following are some of the things that those who would qualify for membership in the sportsmanship fraternity (圈内人) will do.
1. Take no more game than the bag limit provided for by the fish and game laws. The person who comes back from a trip boasting about the large number of fish or game taken is not a sportsman but a game hog (贪得无厌的捕猎者) .
2. Observe the unwritten rules of fair play. This means shooting game birds only when the birds are "on the wing". For the same reason, do not use a shotgun to shoot a rabbit or similar animal while it is sitting or standing still.
3. Be careful in removing illegal or undersized fish from the hook. This should be done only after wetting the hands . This is necessary because the body of the fish is covered with a thin, protective film which will stick to your dry hands. If the hands are dry when the fish is handled, the film is torn from the body of the fish. Without the protective film, the fish is more easily attacked by diseases. If you wish to release a fish that is hooked in such a way that it will be impossible to closed to the hook as convenient. In a remarkably short time, the hook will break down and the fish will remain almost unharmed. Fish have been known to feed successfully while hooks were still in their lips.
4. Be sure of the identity of your target before you shoot. Many useful and harmless species of wildlife are thoughtlessly killed by the uninformed person who is out with a gun to kill whatever flies within range.
S1 In what respect does the author think individual outdoor sports are similar to athletic contests? __________
S2 A person who goes out fishing with a fishing rod or hunting with a gun is not necessarily _________
S3 What's the most important thing a true sportsman should bear in mind when he goes fishing or hunting _______
S4 Those who violate the fish and game laws will not be ______ for membership in the sportsmanship fraternity
S5 What are people called when they break the bag limit and boast about their big catch ?_________
S6 A true sportsman will not shoot an animal which is not ______
S7 What are people advised to do before they remove illegal or undersized fish from the hook?_______
S8 What should sportsman do to avoid killing rare species of wildlife ?________
Part V Writing
Directions：For this part，you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay in honor of teachers on the occasion of Teacher's Day . you should write at least 120 words following the outline given below：
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月13日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月12日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月11日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月10日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月09日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月08日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：写作（2016年11月07日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：写作（2016年11月06日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：写作（2016年11月05日）
- · 2016年6月大学英语四级考试真题答案完整版（共三套）