Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension (20 minutes)
Directions:In this section,you will hear 10 short conversations. At the end of each conversation,a question will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the question will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause,you must read the four choices marked A),B),C)and D),and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre. Example:You will hear: You will read: A) At the office. B) In the waiting room. C) At the airport. D) In a restaurant. From the conversation we know that the two were talking about some work they had to finish in the evening. This conversation is most likely to have taken place at the office. Therefore,A)"At the office" is the best answer. You should choose A) on the Answer Sheet and mark it with a single line through the centre. Sample Answer ［A］［B］［C］［D］
1. A) The fourth floor. B) The fifth floor. C) The sixth floor. D) The seventh floor.
2. A) John bought a cheap computer. B) John bought Morris a computer. C) Morris bought a computer from John. D) Morris bought a new computer.
3. A) Recognize Jane first. B) Tell the woman why. C) Go on a diet. D) Feel at ease.
4. A) The white one. B) The brick one. C) The prettier one. D) The better one.
5. A) The summer this year is terribly hot. B) Last summer was even hotter. C) Hot weather helps lose weight. D) Light was stronger this morning.
6. A) No one on the bus was injured. B) Everyone on the bus was injured. C) Only one student on the bus was injured. D) More than one student on the bus was injured.
7. A) Drawing some money. B) Opening a deposit account. C) Saving much money. D) Putting money in the bank.
8. A) They have too little patience. B) They are not strict with students. C) They are very hard on students. D) They are more hardworking than before.
9. A) The woman is very worried. B) The man doesn't like thinking. C) The man has done something wrong. D) The woman can do nothing for the man.
10. A) Because the waist was a bit too tight. B) Because there wasn't any of her size. C) Because she didn't look good in the dress. D) Because the style was not what she liked.
Section B Compound Dictation
注意：听力理解的B节（Section B）为复合式听写（Compound Dictation）,题目在试卷二上。