Part Ⅲ Vocabulary(20 minutes)
Directions: There are 30 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A),B),C)and D). Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
31. WTO is regarded by some countries as an access to foreign markets rather than as a for opening up the home market.
A) commerce B) committee C) commitment D) commission
32. We should recognize that every company and every person is part of a long of customers and suppliers.
A) pool B) line C) stream D) chain
33. Today the small town is better against flood than it was 20 years ago.
A) protected B) prevented C) preserved D) prepared
34. Did you mean I should keep the receipt? Im afraid I have .
A) run it over B) torn it up C) taken it apart D) shaken it off
35. Unlike photocopies of books, the digital copies are virtually in quality to the original.
A) similar B) identical C) resembling D) alike
36. The price of fresh vegetables according to the weather.
A) fluctuates B) increases C) soars D) maintains
37. Your proposal looks good ,but I am not convinced it can be put into effect.
A) on paper B) at sight C) under cover D) in bulk
38. The government that refuses to meet the needs of its people must bear the .
A) results B) outcomes C) effects D) consequences
39. The elderly people in this country are entitled to a special heating allowance from the government when they pass the age of sixty.
A) claim B) declare C) inquire D) apply
40. The snow has been steadily for hours and the ground is completely covered.
A) showering B) dropping C) descending D) falling
41. The hostess went to great to make the child comfortable and feel at home.
A) efforts B) lengths C) heights D) details
42. You said the post office is on this block, can you be a bit more ?
A) particular B) specific C) abstract D) especial
43. His composition was so confusing that I could hardly make any of it whatsoever.
A) meaning B) message C) information D) sense
44. I am afraid that you have to alter your views in light of the tragic news that has just arrived.
A) optimistic B) distressing C) indifferent D) pessimistic
45. As the saying goes, reading without reflecting is like eating without .
A) chewing B) tasting C) digesting D) releasing
46. All of us did quite a good job but the teacher only him out for praise.
A) yelled B) singled C) selected D) pulled
47. Without a sure supply of water, farming in that area remains at the of the weather.
A) disposal B) risk C) cost D) mercy
48. Industrial communities should be close enough to crowded centers but enough to reduce potential dangers.
A) advanced B) reliable C) distant D) sophisticated
49. She had a guilty about not telling the police what had actually happened.
A) consciousness B) conscience C) consequence D) confusion
50. There is a beautiful of pine forest near my country house.
A) extension B) length C) spell D) stretch
51. We've all our time and effort in this plan, and we don't want it to fail.
A) invested B) exhausted C) devoted D) assigned
52. The workers demands were，they only asked for a small raise in their wages.
A) general B) moderate C) partial D) numerous
53. You should know to spend all your money on those impractical fancy goods.
A) other than B) rather than C) more than D) better than
54. Everybody seemed to have known about his scandal, only his wife was kept in the .
A) dark B) ignorance C) shade D) shadow
55. All students in the class a loud laugh when the professor told them a joke.
A) let up B) let down C) let off D) let out
56. It can be safely that there is no living beings on that planet.
A) resumed B) assessed C) assumed D) assured
57. There are certain when you have to interrupt people who are in the middle of doing something.
A) chances B) situations C) occasions D) opportunities
58. Mother into the room and kissed her sleeping baby.
A) crept B) staggered C) rushed D) marched
59. The building started with a steel which was later filled in with bricks and concrete.
A) institution B) terminal C) sightseeing D) framework
60. This book does not have an structure. Some parts are even contradictory .
A) integrated B) informed C) intensive D) inward