Part ⅣCloze(15 minutes)
Directions: There are 20 blanks in the following passage. For each blank there are four choices marked A),B),C)and D)on the right side of the paper. You should choose the ONE that best fits into the passage. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer sheet with a single line through the centre.
A food bank is the center of food collection and distribution in a community. This food usually 61 from grocery stores or manufacturers that have thousands of pounds of food to give 62 . Food banks operate intricate and advanced warehousing operations, 63 food is collected, 64 and re-distributed to the community. Traditionally, a food bank does not distribute food 65 to those in 66 . 67 ,food banks serve an 68 network of organizations in their 69 communities. These organizations serve one part of the 70 and know the needs of the people there. 71 ,working together, the food bank and the community organization can serve a greater 72 of people in the most efficient way.
Many food banks provide 73 services. They 74 from after school feeding programs, 75 Kids Cafe, to community agriculture projects.
In the aftermath (其后的一段时期) of welfare reform, food banks throughout the country are raising private 76 to operate innovative programs and to 77 those who are hungry. Every food bank strives to be a hunger advocate, producing 78 studies and tracking statistics, while lending their hands-on expertise to get legislation passed and ensuring that the 79 of domestic hunger is not lost in the shadow of an " 80 boom".
61. A) results B) collects C) comes D) gathers
62. A) away B) out C) over D) off
63. A) which B) where C) what D) how
64. A) accepted B) offered C) processed D) sorted
65. A) instantly B) directly C) voluntarily D) readily
66. A) need B) haste C) debt D) order
67. A) However B) Otherwise C) Instead D) Certainly
68. A) abnormal B) optional C) imaginary D) extensive
69. A) individual B) respective C) special D) widespread
70. A) organization B) bank C) operation D) community
71. A) Therefore B) Nevertheless C) Still D) Conversely
72. A) amount B) deal C) number D) quantity
73. A) regular B) other C) daily D) depositing
74. A) change B) alter C) differ D) range
75. A) including B) providing C) managing D) distributing
76. A) demands B) properties C) funds D) plans
77. A) shelter B) feed C) clothe D) finance
78. A) poverty B) welfare C) hunger D) food
79. A) issue B) policy C) reform D) project
80. A) economical B) economics C) economy D) economic
Section B Compound Dictation
Directions: In this section, you will hear a passage three times. When the passage is read for the first time, you should listen carefully for its general idea. When the passage is read for the second time, you are required to fill in the blanks numbered from S1 to S7 with the exact words you have just heard. For blanks numbered from S8 to S10 you are required to fill in the missing information. You can either use the exact words you have just heard or write down the main points in your own words. Finally ,when the passage is read for the third time, you should check what you have written.
A supermarket club card is a new way for people to save money on items they buy. People used to cut out coupons to (S1) money. Now they use a card that looks like a (S2) card when they pay for items. Only people with cards can get the (S3)price. To get a card, people must give out their name, address, and other (S4) information. Everything club card-users buy is (S5) on a computer in a file with their name on it. In the coupon days, no one kept (S6) of the things people bought. Now, computers allow huge (S7)of information to be saved. In order to save money with the cards, people could lose privacy. So far, the information, or data, is private. But that could change. There are many companies who might be interested in knowing what people buy. For instance,(S8) , . A California Senator, Debra Bowen, wants to make sure there are laws to protect data kept on computers. She says,"(S9) ."
Stores that use club cards have promised to keep the information private. (S10) . Some people say the information is worth as much as treasure.
Part ⅤWriting(30 minutes)
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write A Letter Applying for a Bank Loan. You should write at least 120 words following the outline given below in Chinese.