Part I Section A Listening Comprehension (20 minutes)
Directions: In this section, you will hear 10 short conversations. At the end of each convers-ation, a question will be asked about what was said. Both the conversation and the question will be spoken only once. After each question there will be a pause. During the pause, you must read the four choices marked A), B), C) and D), and decide which is the best answer. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
You will hear:
You will read."
A) At the office.
B) In the waiting room.
C) At the airport.
D) In a restaurant.
From the conversation we know that the two were talking about some work they had to finish in the evening. This conversation is most likely to have taken place at the office. Therefore, A) "At the office" is the best answer. You should choose [A] on the Answer Sheet and mark it with a single line through the centre.
Sample Answer [A] [B] [C] [D]
1.A) The man lives far from the subway.
B) The man enjoys traveling by car.
C) The man used to own a car.
D) The man is good at driving.
2. A) She can't meet Tony so early in the morning.
B) Tony can choose another science course.
C) She approves of Tony's decision.
D) Tony should continue taking the course.
3. A) She has to study for the exam.
B) She's eager to watch the new play.
C) She is particularly interested in plays.
D) She can lend her notes to the man.
4.A) They will attract fewer kids as on-line education expands.
B) They will continue to exist along with on-line education.
C) They will limit their teaching to certain subjects only.
D) They will be replaced by on-line education sooner or later.
5. A) Most students don't want jobs advertised in the newspapers.
B) Most students would like to work for a newspaper.
C) Most students find a job by reading advertisements.
D) Most students find it hard to get a job after they graduate.
6. A) Finish his assignment.
B) Repair the washing machine.
C) Turn the basement into a workshop.
D) Move the washing machine to the basement.
7.A) The professor has brought extra copies of his assignment.
B) Some students at the back cannot hear the professor.
C) Some of the students are not on the professor's list.
D) The professor has changed his reading assignment.
8. A) She doesn't want to talk about the contest.
B) She's spent two years studying English in Canada.
C) She's very proud of her success in the speech contest.
D) She's modest about her success in the contest.
9. A) Reading newspapers.
B) Talking about sports.
C) Writing up local news.
D) Putting up advertisements
10.A) They'd better change their mind.
B) They shouldn't change their plan.
C) Weather forecasts are not reliable.
D) The tennis game won't last long.
Section B Compound Dictation
Directions: In this section, you will hear a passage three times. When the passage is read for the first time, you should listen carefully for its general idea. When the passage is read for the second time, you are required to fill in the blanks numbered from S1 to S7 with the exact words you have just heard. For blanks numbered from S8 to SIO you are required to fill in the missing information. You can either use the exact words you have just heard or write down the main points in your own words. Finally; when the passage is read for the third time, you should check what you have written.
There are a lot of good cameras available at the moment——most of these are made in Japan but there are also good (S1)_____________models from Germany and the USA. We have (S2)_______________range of different models to see which is the best (S3)___________________money. After a number of different tests and interviews with people who are (S4)_________________assessed, our researchers (S5)______________________with the different cameras being the Olympic BY model as the best auto-focus camera available at the moment. It costs $200 although you may well want to spend more——(S6)_______________much as another $200——on buying (S7)_________________lenses and other equipment. It is a good Japanese camera, easy to use. S8)_________________________________________________________________ whereas the American versions are considerably more expensive The Olympic BY model weighs only 320 grams which is quite a bit less than other cameras of a similar type. Indeed one of the other models we looked at weighed almost twice as much. (S9)__________________________________________________________. ALL the people we interviewed expressed almost total satisfaction with it (Sl0)___________________________________________________________________
Passage FOUR Questions 26 to 30 are based on the following passage.
Lead deposits, which accumulated in soil and snow during the 1960's and 70's, were primarily the result of leaded gasoline emissions originating in the United States. In the twenty years that the Clean Air Act has mandated unleaded gas use in the United States, the lead accumulation world-wide has decreased significantly.
A study published recently in the journal Nature shows that air-borne leaded gas emissions from the United States were the leading contributor to the high concentration of lead in the snow in Greenland. The new study is a result of the continued research led by Dr. Charles Boutron, an expert on the impact of heavy metals on the environment at the National Center for Scientific Research in France. A study by Dr. Boutron published in 1991 showed that lead levels in arctic(北极的) snow were declining.
In his new study, Dr. Boutron found the ratios of the different forms of lead in the leaded gasoline used in the United States were different from the ratios of European, Asian and Canadian gasolines and thus enabled scientists to differentiate (分区) the lead sources. The dominant lead ratio found in Greenland snow matched that found in gasoline from the United States.
In a study published in the journal Ambio, scientists found that lead levels in soil in the North-eastern United States had decreased markedly since the introduction of unleaded gasoline.
Many scientists had believed that the lead would stay in soil and snow for a longer period.
The authors of the Ambio study examined samples of the upper layers of soil taken from the same sites of 30 forest floors in New England, New York and Pennsylvania in 1980 and in 1990.
The forest environment processed and redistributed the lead faster than the scientists had expected.
Scientists say both studies demonstrate that certain parts of the ecosystem (生态系统) respond rapidly to reductions in atmospheric pollution, but that these findings should not be used as a license to pollute.
26. The study published in the journal Nature indicates that
A) lead deposits in arctic snow are on the increase
B) the Clean Air Act has not produced the desired results
C) the US is the major source of lead pollution in arctic snow
D) lead will stay in soil and snow longer than expected
27. Lead accumulation worldwide decreased significantly after the use of unleaded gas in the US
A) was introduced
B) was discouraged
C) was prohibited by law
D) was enforced by law
28. How did scientists discover the source of lead pollution in Greenland?
A) By analyzing the data published in journals like Nature and Ambio.
B) By studying the chemical elements of soil and snow in Northeastern America.
C) By comparing the chemical compositions of leaded gasoline used in various countries.
D) By observing the lead accumulations in different parts of the arctic area.
29. The authors of the Ambio study have found that
A) forests get rid of lead pollution faster than expected
B) lead deposits are widely distributed in the forests of the US
C) lead accumulations in forests are more difficult to deal with
D) the upper layers of soil in forests are easily polluted by lead emissions
30. It can be inferred from the last paragraph that scientists
A) lack sufficient means to combat lead pollution
B) still consider lead pollution a problem
Part III Vocabulary (20 minutes)
Directions: There are 30 incomplete sentences in this part. For each sentence there are four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the centre.
31. Salaries for positions seem to be higher than for permanent ones.
32. Mrs. gmithwas so about everything that no servants could please her.
33. His temper and personalky show that he can become a soldier of the top
34. There has been a collision a number of cars on the main road to town.
35. Norman Davis will be remembered by many with not only as a great scholar but also as a most delightful and faithful friend.
36. Science and technology have in important ways to the improvement of agricultural production.
37. He never arrives on time and my is that he feels the meetings are useless.
38. Only those who can to lose their money should make high-risk investments.
39. Ten days ago the young man info~ed his boss of his intention to
40. Though she began her by singing in a local pop group,she is now a famous Hollywood movie star.
41. As he has our pratience,we'll not wait for him any longer.
42. Tomorrow the mayor is to a group of Canadian businessmen on a tour of the city.
43. Most people agree that the present role of women has already affected U.S. society.
it has affected the traditional role of men.
A) Above all
B) In all
C) At most
D) At last
44. It is obvious that this new rule is applicable to everyone without
45. As one of the world's highest paid models, she had her face. for five million dollars
46. The machine looked like a large,，old-fashioned typewriter.
47. Within two weeks of arrival, all foreigners had to with the local police
48. I'm enough to know it is going to be a very difficult situation to compete against three strong teams.
49, He found the media attention intolerable and decided to go abroad.
50, elephants are different from wild elephants in many aspects, including their tempers.
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月13日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月12日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月11日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月10日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月09日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月08日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：写作（2016年11月07日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：写作（2016年11月06日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：写作（2016年11月05日）
- · 2016年6月大学英语四级考试真题答案完整版（共三套）