Section I Listening Comprehension
This section is designed to test your ability to understand spoken English. You will hear a selection of recorded materials and you must answer the questions that accompany them. There are two parts in this section, Part A and Part B.
Remember, while you are doing the test, you should first put down your answers in your test booklet. At the end of the listening comprehension section, you will have 3 minutes to transfer your answers from your test booklet onto your ANSWER SHEET I.
If you have any questions, you may raise your hand NOW as you will not be allowed to speak once the test has started.
Now look at Part A in your test booklet.
You will hear 10 short dialogues. For each dialogue, there is one question and four possible answers. Choose the correct answer-A, B, C or D, and mark it in your test booklet. You will have 15seconds to answer the question and you will hear each dialogue ONLY ONCE.
You will hear:
W: Could you please tell me if the Beijing flight will be arriving on time?
M:Yes, Madam. It should be arriving in about ten minutes.
You will read:
Who do you think the woman is talking to?
[A] A bus conductor.
[B]A clerk at the airport.
[ C] A taxi driver.
[D]A clerk at the station.
From the dialogue, we know that only a clerk at the airport is most likely to know
the arrival time of a flight, so you should choose answer [ B ] and mark it in your test
Sample Answer: [A] [B] [C] [D]
Now look at question 1.
1. What does the woman mean?
[A] She invites the man to a pot luck next weekend.
[ B ] She asks the man to help her with the gardening.
[ C ] She is not free today.
[D] She agrees to meet the man next Saturday.
2. What will the man do?
[A] Join his friends. [B] Play a card game.
[C] Catch up with others. [D] Do more studying.
3. Where did this conversation most probably take place?
[A] At the bookstore. [B] At a department store.
[C] At a club. [D] At a school.
4. How much will the man pay for two tickets?
[A] $8. [B] $24.
[C] $18. [D] $36.
5. What do they decide to do?
[ A ] The man will bring some food back for dinner.
[ B ] They will go to their friend ' s home for supper.
[ C ] The woman will fill the refrigerator before supper.
[ D ] They will eat out for dinner.
6. How does the woman feel at the end of the conversation?
[A] Angry. [B] Relieved.
[C] Upset. [D] Sarcastic.
7. What is the man going to do this morning?
[A] Paint the bookshelf. [B] Fix the table.
[C] Wash the car. [D] Go to the beach.
8. How many students were absent from the test?
[A] 15. [B] 20.
[C] 25. [D] 30.
9. What do we learn from the conversation?
[A] The man needs three weeks to do something before leaving for Europe.
[B] Something prevents the man from going to Europe.
[ C] The woman is leaving for Europe in just three weeks.
[D] The man is excited about his trip to Europe.
10. What do we learn from this conversation?
[A] The man is giving a party.
[B] The woman is staying at home.
[ C] The man is going to lower the music volume. .
[ D] The woman is invited to join the man.
You are going to hear four conversations. Before listening to each conversation, you will have 5 seconds to read each of the questions which accompany it. After listening, you will have time to answer each question by choosing A, B, C or D. You will hear each passage or conversation ONLY ONCE.
Mark your answers in your test booklet.
Questions 11-13 are based on the following conversation. You now have 15 seconds to read the Questions11 -13.
11. What is an active holiday according to the man?
[A] Sitting around.
[ B] With joys of social activities.
[ C ] Doing nothing.
[ D ] Holiday with a lot of exercise.
12. Which of the following belongs to the man's preferences?
[ A ] Water skiing. [ B ] Shark fishing.
[C] Rowing. [D] Camping.
13. Which of the following doesn' t belong to the woman' s suggestions?
[ A ] Skin diving. [ B ] Golfing.
[G] Rowing. [D] Canoeing.
You now have 30 seconds to check your answers to questions 11 -13.
Questions 14-17 are based on the following conversation. You now have 20 seconds to read the questions 14 -17.
14. Why does the woman want to go to the movie?
[Aj Because she is tired of staying at home all day.
[ B ] Because there is a good film in the neighborhood theater.
[C] Because she enjoys going to the movies.
[ D] Because she is tired of watching TV.
15. What does "I'd rather not spend a lot of money" imply?
[A] She prefers to spend money on something else.
[B] Tickets in downtown theaters are very expensive.
[C] People cannot help buying things if they go downtown.
[D] It would take a long drive to get there.
16. Why does the woman say she doesn't want to see the movie Gone with the Wind ?
[A] Because the movie theater is too far away.
[B] Because the film is too old.
[C] Because she doesn't want to see it a second time.
[D] Because it's a popular film so the tickets would be quite expensive.
17. What may you infer from the dialogue?
[A] People are tired of watching TV nowadays.
[B] Baseball games attract more people than films do.
[ C ] There aren ' t any films worth seeing in local theaters.
[D] The woman is rather hard to please.
You now have 40 seconds to check your answers to questions 14 -17.
Questions 18-21 are based on the following passage. You now have 20 seconds to read the questions 18 -21.
18. Which floor is the most dangerous if a cat falls from it?
[A] The 7th floor. [ B] The 32nd floor.
[C] The 4th floor. [D] The 20th floor.
19. How many cats can survive a fall from two or three storeys?
[A] 100%. [B] 50%.
[C] 90%. [D] 10%.
20. What do cats probably do after they have reached the terminal speed?
[A] They feel extremely terror-stricken.
[B] They become relieved from strain.
[C] They fly like flying squirrels.
[D] They try to hold on to something.
21. What makes cats land on their feet?
[A] Fear of death. [B] The terminal speed.
[C] The light weight of cats. [D]A sense of balance.
You now have 40 seconds to check your answers to questions 18 -21.
Questions 22 - 25 are based on the following conversation. You now have 20 seconds to read the questions 22 -25.
22. What does the International Center send out to students?
[A]A diagram of their facilities.
[ B] A timetable of events.
[ C] Maps of the city.
[ D ] Samples of coffee from other countries.
23. How does the man feel about the local customs?
[A] Fearful. [B] Angry.
[C] Disinterested. [D] Confused.
24. What does the woman say about her family?
[A] They live far away.
[B] They frequently invite students to their home.
[C] They come from another country.
[D] They visit her every weekend.
25. When does the International Center close on week nights?
[A] 11:30. [B] 10:30.
[C] 8:00. [D] 8:30.
You now have 40 seconds to check your answers to questions 22 - 25.
Now you have 3 minutes to transfer your answers from your test booklet to the ANSWER SHEET 1.
That is the end of the listening comprehension section.
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：写作（11月22日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月21日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月20日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月19日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月18日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月17日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月16日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月15日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月14日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：写作（11月13日）