1. This picture aims at revealing a common and series problem in the world: (how to ……)
2. Let‘s take a closer look at the two pictures. 用于进一步描述(…)
3. As illustrated in the picture, (many people nowadays like to go to fitness centers to keep their bodies in shape)
1. The graph shows that the incidence of violent crime has in fact dropped in most US cities over the past decade.
2. As we can see from the chart, divorce increased phenomenally up until about 1990, but has since remained at a fairly constant level.
3. The sales figures for A amount to the combined sales figures for B and C.
The profits over the past five years add up to an incredible 1.2 billion dollars.
4. The figures fluctuate between 1000 and 1100 units per year.
The sales are expected to go up and down over the next few months.
5. The number of pandas in the reserve suddenly rose to over 200.
6. The birth rate decreased steadily after World War 2.
The number of users rose smoothly throughout the decade.
Profits have declined slowly as competitors have taken away market share.
7. Computer use is forecast to shoot up in Africa during the coming decade.
Housing prices soar when there is a sudden increase in demand.
8. The population will remain stable thanks to the one-child policy.
9. The percentage of young people attending university reached a peak of 47% in 2003.
10. The number of people who could not read hit its lowest point in 2003.
11. Book sales are on the decline nowadays.
12. The number of Internet users is on the rise/increase at the moment.
1. What does the author really want to tell us? In my opinion, his real implication is that everyone has to meet difficulties in their life experiences.
2. The purpose of the pictures is to warn us that due attention has to be paid to the decrease of ocean resources.
3. The idea conveyed by the cartoon is apparent: the finishing point is just a new starting point.
4. I cannot help relating these drawings to reality. They clearly show how human interpersonal relationships have developed.
1. A case in point is Wuhan, which has a pedestrian shopping street.
2. Take the recent tsunami for example.
3. The list of such examples can go on and on.
1. A number of factors can account for the increase in deaths from heart disease.
2. Another important factor is the availability of the Internet.
3. Finally, the creation of more jobs is responsible for the change/ increase/ decrease/ growth.
4. Why does this phenomenon appear? I think there are several possible reasons for this situation.
1. It is high time that parents, educators and the government made joint efforts to put an end to this situation.
2. It is imperative that drastic measures should be taken to end poverty worldwide.
3. Only in this way can we overcome this difficulty, and .we will have a bright future.