DONALD C. LAWLER 135 White Cap Road
Ocean Park, CA 15385
Senior Network Administrator with a growing role in Information Security
1999 - present Network Analyst TCS (Canada) Ltd. Oakville, ON, Canada
- Supervision of Office Support Team.
- Recommend or specify hardware and software
- Negotiate with vendors, quote and order equipment.
- Set and implement Security Policies.
- Server and network hardware maintenance and configuration.
- General LAN Administration.
Installing and configuring Check Point Firewall-1, set up DMZ with Web, FTP, and SMTP servers. Utilizing NAT, permitted desktop access. Tested VPN capabilities.
MS Exchange Conversion
Migrated office e-mail system from Lotus cc: Mail to MS Exchange 5.5, with Outlook Web Access.
Internet Pipe Upgrade
Researched the benefits of the various options, received quotes from multiple ISPs and ordered an upgrade to our service.
Converted LAN from multiple stand-alone servers with extremely weak security to a Windows NT domain, employing common security measures. Utilized DNS vs. WINS due to the presence of UNIX servers.
Token-Ring - Ethernet Conversion
Planned and implemented the conversion process, went to market for quotes on cabling, supervised desktop upgrades.
1997 - 1999 Technical Support Analyst Sedgwick Limited Toronto, ON, Canada
- Configuration of Servers and integration of Windows NT and Novell NetWare.
- Administration of the corporate e-mail system, Lotus cc:Mail.
- Configuration of Client Access software for AS/400.
- Y2K Preparation, status determination of hardware and software.
- Evaluate and recommend new software & hardware.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level Help Desk support to offices nationally.
Lotus cc: Mail Upgrade
Plotted the upgrade path, tested new client versions, and upgraded cc: Mail servers nationally.
Human Resources Benefits Database
Provided technical information and assisted in the design of a Flex Benefits
Database to ease the annual renewal process.
1994 - 1997 Information Technology Co-ordinator Sedgwick Limitée Montréal, QC, Canada
- User support and troubleshooting.
- General LAN Administration.
- Configuration & upgrade of hardware and software.
Canadian Figure Skating Association (CFSA) Database
Designed, developed and maintained a database to track insurance policy
renewals of the member clubs of the CFSA, to issue Certificates of Insurance
and to produce reports of non-renewed clubs.
CheckPoint Firewall-1 - Administration
Checkpoint Firewall-1 - Advanced Firewall-1 Management
Data Warehousing Institute
Data Warehousing Fundamentals
1996 - 1997
CEGEP Vanier College
Structured Programming and Programming in C
Part-time study, business related curriculum
CEGEP John Abbot College
Social Science pre-university curriculum
CEGEP Dawson College
Pure and Applied Sciences pre-university curriculum
I possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, and am quite comfortable dealing with Senior Management. I work well in a team environment or by myself and excel in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
References available upon request