Following are some sentences that show how the terms related to job commencement and termination might be used:
· I'm impressed with your background. You're hired.
· You can begin employment next Monday.
· We're very happy to have you. Welcome aboard!
· You have the job. Welcome to ABC Incorporated.
· When can you start / begin?
· Your medical test is scheduled for next Wednesday at 10:00 at the clinic on the 2nd floor.
· You can breathe a sigh of relief. Your drug test came back negative.
· You will undergo an orientation process on your first day.
· You have shown no improvement over last year. I have no choice but to fire you.
· Did you hear about Kenny? He was canned for insubordination.
· I feel so sorry for her. She just got her pink slip.
· These are difficult economic times. The company has to lay off some staff.
· His wife is being transferred overseas, so he had to quit his job.
· Mike's work was constantly below standard, so he finally got the axe/got the sack.