1. Loud noises can be annoying.
2. Human facial expressions differ from those of animals in the degree to which they can be deliberately controlled and modified.
3. The Constitution's vague nature has given it the flexibility to be adapted when circumstances change.
4. The expedition reached the summit at 10:30 that morning.
A) top of the mountain
B) bottom of the mountain
C) starting point
5. The latest census is encouraging.
6. Academic records from other institutions often become part of a university's official file and can neither be returned to a student nor duplicated.
7. While serving in the Senate in the early 1970's, Barbara Jordan supported legislation to ban discrimination and to deal with environmental problems.
8. Gambling is lawful in Nevada.
9. They always mock me because I am ugly.
A) smile at
B) look down on
D) laugh at
10. These are our motives for doing it.
11. It was a question of making sure that certain needs were addressed, notably in the pensions area.
12. His new girlfriend had omitted to tell him that she was married.
D) left out
13. Many of their ideas are being incorporated into orthodox medical treatment.
14. Charges for local telephone calls are outrageous.
A) unheard of
15. Guests were scared when the bomb exploded.
DCAAA CBADA CBDBA