1. Many fine cooks insist on ingredients of the highest quality.
B) rely on
C) prepare for
2. Since the Great Depression, the United States government has protected farmers from damaging drops in grain prices.
3. Cement was seldom used in building during the Middle Ages.
4. Nerve signals may travel through nerve or muscle fibers at speeds as high as two hundred miles per hour.
5. The poet William Carols Williams was a New Jersey physician.
6. Medicine depends on other fields for basic information, particularly some of their specialized branches.
7. We shall take the treasure away to a safe place.
8. An important part of the national government is the Foreign Service, a branch of their specialized branches.
A) a unity
B) a division
C) an embassy
D) an invasion
9. The child's abnormal behavior puzzled the doctor.
10.There is an abundant supply of cheap labor in this country.
A) a steady
B) a plentiful
C) an extra
D) a meager
11. In order to improve our standard of living, we have to accelerate production.
A) step up
12.Gas does accumulate in the mines around here.
13. Our plan is to allocate one member of staff to handle appointments.
14. Her behavior is extremely childish.
15. We also want to use the water to irrigate barren desert land.
Key: ADBAA CDBDB ACABB