Are pets good for mankind?
1. Pets are of particular importance to children in this Plastic Age when most of us live in large cities.
2. Watching the everyday activities of a pet helps a child to understand nature and cope with problems.
3. Learning to care for a pet helps a child to grow up into a loving adult who feels responsible towards those dependent on him.
4. The great virtue of pets is that they can keep us company.
5. A pet is kept as a companion that makes us feel happy. It's suggested that pets should be sent to astronauts in a spacecraft to help reduce their loneliness.
6. Besides providing mere companionship, pets invite us to love and be loved.
7. Often a cat or a dog can comfort us at times when human words don't help.
8. Animals can communicate with each other in their particular way. They communicate with human beings, too, for they are quick to sense anger and sorrow.
9. People keep pets for emotional rather than economic reasons.
10. A pet dog brings its master (owner) a sense of confidence, for he cell see in the dog that faithfulness does exist and he does have something to trust.
1. Keeping pets is just a waste of time and resources.
2. The growing number of pets has caused serious hygiene problems that cannot be solved.
3. The earth will no longer be a world of human beings and animals but a world of aninkals only if we don't take measures to stop the increase of pets.
4. Pet dogs and cats of both *es should be sterilized because the animals themselves are in danger of becoming the first victims for the simple reason that their owners don't have enough time for too many of them.
5. Pets are humanized by those who keep pets. Owing to their need for a home, for food and drink, pets are tamed and idealized by their owners.
6. People nowadays are so crazy about pets that they even neglect caring for their own children.
7. A campaign should be launched against the overpopulation of pets.
8. As a matter of fact those who keep pets don't always treat their pets with kindness. They sometimes abandon their pets when they go away on holiday- and are unable to take the pets along with them.
9. It's really against nature to cage birds, chain dogs and keep cats within the house.
10. Pets are animals. They should be seen in their natural habitat rather than in the homes of human beings.