外语教育网
  • 站内搜索:

迎奥运:全民英语教程第15课

2006-04-07 16:05

  Unit 27 In the Campus在校园

Brief Introduction 简介】

学校是一个学习英语的好地方,几乎所有的话题都可以在这里得到应用的场所。丰富多彩的学科设置,每个人不同的生活经历,对各种事物的看法,朋友同学之间随时交流等等,都是人生的乐趣所在。在校园里,谈的最多的应该还是学业和知识,还有那些来源于青春生活的小火花。

Basic Expressions 基本句型表达】

Borrowing books, magazines, etc 借入图书、杂志等

I’d like to borrow a book on computer.

我想借一本电脑方面的书。

I’d like to apply for a library card.

我想申请一个借书证。

I’d like to renew it for another week.

我想再续借一个星期。

Can you show me how to find the books in the stacks?

您能告诉我怎样在书架里找书吗?

Can you tell me how many books I can borrow at a time?

您能告诉我一次可以借几本书吗?

Can you tell me how long I can keep it?

您能告诉我这本书我可以保留多长时间吗?

Lending books, magazines, etc. 借出图书,杂志等

You can find it in the card catalog.

你可以在目录里找到它。

If you only know the author, just look it up in the author catalog.

如果你只知道作者,那就查作者目录。

I’m afraid the book you want is checked out(taken, on loan, out).

您要的那本书恐怕已经借出了。

Please consult the card catalog first.

请先查卡片目录。

Please return them by the due date.

请按时归还。

Your book is two days overdue. You’ll have to pay fines.

您的书已经过期两天了,您得付罚款。

Classroom expressions 课堂用语

Has the bell gone?

打铃了吗?

Sit (up) properly.

坐好。

Please pay attention.

请注意。

Please come to the front of the class.

请到前面来。

Open your books to page…

打开书的第……页。

Put away your books.

把书收好。

Hand in your papers, please.

请交练习本。

No helping.

不要提示。

That’s all for today.

今天就讲到这里。

Class is over.

下课了。

May I ask a question?

我问个问题可以吗?

Could you explain that again?

您能再解释一遍吗?

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t follow you.

对不起,我听不懂。

I’m sorry, but I’m still not clear about that point.

对不起,这一点我还是不很清楚。

Let me see. I think it’s…

让我想一想。 我认为……

I’m sorry, I don’t know.

对不起,我不知道。

Work in class 课堂活动

We shall read aloud.

我们将进行阅读。

Please answer my (his, her) questions.

请回答我的(他的、她的)问题。

Please make sentences with the word (phrase)…

请用……这个词造句。

Next, we shall play a game (do some exercise, etc.)

下面,我们做个游戏(练习等等)。

Who would like to try?

谁愿意试一试?

Please raise your hand.

请举手。

For homework, do Exercise 1 and 2.

作业,坐练习12

Review the last lesson.

复习前一课。

Conversations会话】

Dialogue 1

(A: Teacher; B: Bob; C: Clack)

A: Now let’s recite the poem we learned last week. Any volunteers?

现在背诵上周学的那首诗。谁自告奋勇?

B: May I have a try?

我试试好吗?

A: All right.

好的。

(Bob recites the poem.)

A: Good. Please sit down. Did anyone catch any mistakes?

好,请坐。 有人听到错误没有呢?

B: If I’m not mistaking, he said “hasn’t” instead of “haven’t”.

如果我没弄错的话,他说的“hasn’t”,而应该是“haven’t”。

A: You are right.

你说的对。

(After a while, the teacher asked another question.)

过了一会儿,老师又提出了一个问题。

A: Who would like to answer? Clark?

谁想回答?Clark同学答好吗?

C: Will you please repeat your question?

请您重复一下您的问题好吗?

A: (Repeats) Is that clear?

(重复)听清了吗?

C: Yes, that’s quite clear. (Answer the question)

听清了。(回答问题)

A: Is that right, class?

全班说,他答对了吗?

C: Oh, I’m sorry. I made a mistake. I should have said “The key is eight”.

啊,对不起,我说错了。我应该说“答案是8

Dialogue 2

A: Excuse me. Can you tell me how to find some books on social science?

请问,能告诉我怎样查找社会科学书籍吗?

B: Sure. You see all these little drawers here and all the way around the walls?

当然。你看到靠墙排列的这一个个小抽屉了吗?

A: Yes.

看见了。

B: These drawers contain cards describing every book in our library. Together they constitute the library’s “card catalog”. You can see that each drawer runs from one part of the alphabet to another. For example, this drawer goes from SCA to SCM.

这些抽屉里装着这本图书馆所有图书的卡片,它们构成了图书馆的“卡片目录”。你可以看出每只抽屉都是从字母表中的一部分排到另一部分。比如说这只抽屉,就是从SCA排到SCM

A: So if I’m looking for a look called A History of Western Society, I’d just look under “A”.

这么说,如果我要找一本《西方社会史》的话,就在“A”的分类下找。

B: No. You’d look under “W”. The articles “a” and “the” don’t count in our alphabetization, and card are generally omitted for extremely common words and phrases such as “history of”, “introduction to”, “story of” and so forth.

不。应该“W”下找。冠词“a”和“the”不包括在字母排列中。一般来说,目录卡片往往省略一些特别常用的词和词组。如“history of”,“introduction to”,“story of”等等。

A: What if I don’t know the title of the book?

如果不知道书名怎么办?

B: When you can look under the author’s name.

那你可以在作者名下找。

A: Could you give me an example?

能举个例子吗?

B: Suppose you want to find a book by your professor, William Smith. You’d look under SMITH and then WILLIAM. Since that’s a very common name, you may have to go through several “William Smith” until you come to the one who wrote book on the subject you’re interested in.

假如你要找一本你的导师威廉·史密斯教授写的书,你可以在SMITH栏下寻找,由于William Smith是一个很常见的姓名,你可能得查阅很多William Smith才能找到你所感兴趣的书的那位William Smith

Dialogue 3

A: Hi, Bob! We’ve been working hard at our lessons for a fortnight. So why don’t we take it easy his weekend?

喂,鲍布!这两周来我们一直在忙于学习。这个周末我们放松一下怎么样?

B: Okay! What do you suggest?

好的,你有什么主意?

A: How about seeing a play? I hear Hamlet is on at the National Theater.

去看一场戏怎么样? 我听说国家剧场在上演《哈姆雷特》。

B: Is that so? Why not?

真的吗?为什么不呢?

A: (Looking at a newspaper.) Oh, dear me! There’s no performance at the National theater this weekend. So we have to go to cinema instead.

(一边看着报纸)哦,真糟糕!这个周末国家剧场没有演出,因此我们只好看电影了。

B: What’s on?

放什么电影?

A: Let me see…um, Gone With the Wind. It is on at six cinemas on Saturday night.

让我看一看……嗯,在放《乱世佳人》。周六晚上有六家电影院在放。

B: That sounds interesting. Which is the nearest?

很好。最近的是哪一家电影院?

A: Ah, The Royal, I think.

啊,我想是在皇家电影院。

B: What time does it start?

什么时间开始?

A: Why don’t we go to the 7:30 show? It is convenient to us, I think.

我们可以去看730那一场好吗?我想时间很合适。

B: But we won’t have enough time for dinner.

可我们没有足够的时间吃饭啊。

A: Do you want to go the earlier or the later show?

那你要看早一点的还是晚一点的?

B: Ah… I fancy going the later show.

嗯……我想看晚一点的吧。

A: Then, there’s the 9:30 show.

那就看930那一场吧。

B: That’s Okay, I think.

我想可以吧。

A: All right.

好吧。

Dialogue 4

A: What are your weekend arrangements?

你的周末怎么安排啊?

B: There’re many things I can do on weekends.

周末我要做很多事。

A: What sort of things are you interested in?

你对怎么样的事感兴趣?

B: I’m keen on taking short trips to nearby scenic spots. More often than not, I go with some of my friends. By the way, what are your favorites?

我喜欢到附近的风景点走一走,有时间和一些朋友一起去。顺便问一下,你最喜欢做什么?

A: I love swimming and cycling. On Sunday morning I have swimming practice for an hour. In the afternoon, I just ride my bike around the city or along the country roads for almost two hours.

我喜欢游泳和骑自行车。在星期天上午,我要游泳锻炼一小时,而下午我还要花两小时骑车在城里转一转,或沿着乡间路骑。

B: That’s great! I think they do you a lot of good. Where do you swim?

真不错!我想锻炼给了你很多好处。你在哪儿游泳?

A: Mostly in the city’s swimming pool. But on occasion, I go to the beach with friends. Well, what do you do at leisure?

大多数时候在城里的游泳池,有时候同朋友一起到海边游,真开心!嗯,你在业余时间做什么?

B: I’m fond of dancing.

我喜欢跳舞。

A: Good. You really know how to enjoy yourself.

很好,你真会享受生活。

B: Thanks. And you, too, I think.

谢谢,你也差不多。

Key Words and Notes 关键词和注释】

1. chief a. 主要的

2. library card 借书证

3. renew vt. 续借

4. stack n. [常用复数]许多书架, 书库

5. catalog n. 目录 card catalog (图书馆专用的)卡片目录

6. on loan 出借

7. consult vt. 翻阅,查考

8. due date 到期日

9. fine n. 罚款

10. bell n. 铃,钟

11. pay attention 专心

12. aloud ad. 大声地

13. recite v. 背诵

14. poem n.

15. volunteer n. 自愿者

16. drawer n. 抽屉

17. article n. 冠词

18. alphabetization n. 按照字母顺序排列

19. go through 查阅

20. take it easy 轻松,放松

21. Royal a. 皇家的,王室的

22. suitable a. 合适的

23. scenic spots 景点

24. to our heart’s concert 发自内心地

25. at leisure 在业余时间

Alternative Exercises 替换练习】

1. I have a special fondness for physical fitness.

swimming

Chinese Wushu

outdoor sports

long-distance running

skating

我特别喜欢身体锻炼

游泳

中国武术

户外运动

长跑

溜冰

2. Football is part of my life.

Basketball

Tennis

Table tennis

足球是我生活的一部分。

篮球

网球

乒乓球

3. How do you celebrate New Year’s Day?

Thanksgiving Day

Christmans

你们要怎么庆祝元旦

感恩节

圣诞节

4. We also keep Lantern Festival

the Moon Festival/ Mid-autumn Day

the Dragon Boat Festival

the Spring Festival

我们也过灯节

中秋节

龙舟节

春节

  Unit 28 At home在家里

Brief Introduction 简介

日常的家庭生活是人们交流信息的一个重要渠道,谈话的主题可说是最宽泛、最自由的了。生活的计划、有趣的活动都是不错的话题。

在这里可以了解到生活的各个层面。

为了帮助英语学习者从容的和英美人交谈,应该注意在交谈中使用正确的语言方式,英语中多用客气、委婉的方式进行交流,应避免直接了当的使用疑问句,以免给对方留下粗鲁、唐突或缺乏教养的不良印象。

Basic Expressions 基本句型表达】

这一部分的句型比较自由,在其他部分的句式基本都可根据情况在这里灵活使用,这里仅略举几例。

What’s for breakfast?

早饭吃什么?

The usual. Eggs, toast, and cereal. Coffee, if you want.

和平常一样,鸡蛋、烤面包片和麦片。还有咖啡,如果你想喝的话。

I think I’ll just have cereal for a change.

我想换换口味,光吃点麦片。

You preferred staying in bed another thirty minutes to eating breakfast.

你宁愿在床上再躺三十分钟也不起来吃早饭。

I wonder what we should have for dinner this evening?

我们今天的晚餐该做什么吃呀?

I can always eat pizza – or spaghetti.

意大利饼和实心面条我是吃不厌的。

I’m starting a new diet day after tomorrow.

后天我要重新节食了。

Don’t forget. We’re invited out to dinner tonight.

别忘了今晚我们被邀请到外面去吃饭。

I’ll try to get home a little early.

我尽量早点回家。

When can we expect you for dinner? Can you come tonight?

你什么时候能来和我们一起吃晚饭?今晚能来吗?

I promised to go to a concert with my sister.

我答应和姐姐一起去听音乐会。

My washing machine went on the blink this morning, so I have to go to the laundromat this afternoon to do the washing.

我的洗衣机没法用了,所以下午我只得到自助洗衣店去洗衣服。

Sometimes when the windows are open, you can hear the neighbors’ phone.

有时窗户开着,你能听到邻居家的电话铃响。

Conversations会话】

Dialogue 1

A: It’s time to get up!

该起床了!

B: I just went to bed!

我刚刚睡下。

A: You shouldn’t have stayed up so late watching TV. I told you we had to get an early start.

你不该夜里看电视看得那么晚。我告诉过你我们得清早动身。

B: I know, but that movie was just too good to leave. I guess I’ll just have to pay the price and be sleepy.

我知道。但那个影片太吸引人了,不能不看。我想我只得认了,就困倦些吧。

A: Do you want to eat breakfast here?

你还想在家里吃早饭吗?

B: No. Why don’t we just grab a bite at the coffee shop next door?

不了,我们干嘛不在隔壁的咖啡馆里吃点东西呢。

A: Okay by me.

我没意见。

Dialogue 2

A: I wonder what we should have for dinner this evening.

我们今天的晚餐该做什么吃呢?

B: Are you asking me?

你在问我吗?

A: Yes, I am. I really don’t feel much like cooking, but the family must eat.

是的。我真不太想做饭,但全家总得吃饭吧。

B: Well, you know me. I can always eat pizza – or spaghetti.

哦,你是知道我的。意大利饼和实心面条我是吃不厌的。

A: So I’ve noticed. You’re putting on a little weight, aren’t you?

这我已经注意到了。你胖了不少,是吧?

B: I know. Don’t remind me. I’m starting a new diet the day after tomorrow.

这我知道,用不着你提醒我。后天我要重新节食。

A: It’s about time.

你是该节食了。

Dialogue 3

A: Did you lock the doors?

你把门都锁上了吗?

B: All except the back door. I left that open for Tim. He took the dog for a walk.

除了后门都锁上了。我给蒂姆留着后门,他带着狗散步去了。

A: Well, I’m going on to bed. I’m beat.

嗯,我睡觉去了。我累极了。

B: Okay. I’m going to stay up a while. I’ve got to go over the household budget. We’re a little overspent this month.

好吧。我再呆会儿。我得把家里的账算一算,这个月我们超支了一点。

A: Please tell Tim to close the door to the basement. I don’t want the dog down there tonight.

让蒂姆关上贮藏室的门,我不想让狗今晚跑到那儿去。

B: Okay. Good night. See you at breakfast.

好吧。晚安。明天吃早饭时见。

Dialogue 4

A: This is the last of the milk.

这是最后的一点点儿牛奶了。

B: I know. I intend to go to the store today.

我知道。今天我打算去商店。

A: Would you get some of that new cereal we saw advertised on TV?

您买点儿我们在电视广告上看到的那种新麦片,好吗?

B: Which one?

哪种?

A: You know … the one with the silly ad about how vitamins jump up and down.

,就是那种有一个逗乐的广告,广告上维生素蹦蹦跳跳的。

B: Oh, you mean “KIKIES”?

哦,你说的是KIKIES

A: Yeah. That’s the one.

对,就是那种。

B: Well, I’ll see. Sometimes the stores don’t have some of the new kinds of cereal.

好吧,我去看看。有时商店里没有那些新牌子的麦片。

Dialogue 5

A: Let’s see if we can reach some sort of agreement over your curfew.

让我们来看看,是不是能针对你的夜归时间达成什么协议?

B: Okay. Everyone else’s parents let them stay out until two or three in the morning.

好吧,别人的父母都让他们玩到凌晨2点或3点。

A: Well. I’m not everyone else’s father.

是吗,可我不是别人的父亲。

I think you need to be in the house by ten o’clock.

我认为你10点钟必须回到家里。

B: That’s absurd. I know some junior high kids who can stay out later than that.

那太荒谬了。我认识一些初中生,他们都可以10点以后回家。

A: I’ll be worried if you stay out late.

如果你在外面待到太晚,我会担心的。

B: Okay, how about a midnight curfew? And I’ll let you know where I am.

好吧,12点怎么样?更何况我会让你知道我在什么地方的。

A: That sounds reasonable.

听起来还算合理。

Key Words and Notes 关键词和注释】

1. cereal n. 经过加工的谷类食品,如麦片,米花等。

2. for a change 改变一下惯常的做法

3. prefer A to B 宁愿A而不愿B

4. pizza n. 意大利风味食品。饼上撒有奶酪、肉末、香肠等各种调料,是美国人喜爱的一种食品。

5. spaghetti n. 意大利食品,实心面条。煮熟后浇上各种卤汁与调料,很像中国的打卤面。

6. diet n. 节食。因病限定饭量或为控制体重、保持体型而节食叫做be/go on a diet

7. dinner n. 正餐。通常在晚上进行。

8. go on the blink 口语)坏了;不能用了(= go wrong)。

9. laundromat n. 自助洗衣店。店里设置有投入硬币便可洗衣、干衣的自助洗衣机。laundromat是这种洗衣机的商标名。

10. get up 起床。go to bed 睡觉。

11. stay up 不睡觉。stay up late 深夜不睡,迟睡。stay up late doing sth. 熬夜做某事。

12. get an early start = leave early in the morning 早起出发

13. pay the price 是(为做某事)付出代价,自食其果的意思。

14. sleepy a. 困乏的

15. grab a bite (非正式语)吃点东西

16. put on weight 增加体重

17. It’s about time. = It’s the right time to do that. 是时候(做某事)了。

18. bushed a. 疲惫不堪的

19. go over 仔细检查

20. household budget 家庭预算

21. overspent a. 超支的

22. basement n. 贮藏室

23. ad = advertisement 广告

24. vitamin n. 维生素,维他命(音译)

25. curfew n. 晚钟时刻

26. absurd a. 荒谬的,可笑的

27. junior high school 初中

Alternative Exercises 替换练习】

1. What’s for breakfast?

lunch

supper

dinner

早餐吃什么呀?

午餐

晚餐

正餐

2. I think I’ll just have cereal for a change.

toast

bread

我想吃些谷类食品,换换口味。

烤面包片

面包

3. It’s time to get up.

go to bed

have lunch

起床了。

睡觉

吃午饭

4. This is the last of the milk.

the salt

the sugar

这是最后一点牛奶了。

5. I stayed up late watching TV last night.

reading a novel

playing a game

studying

我昨晚熬夜看电视

看小说

玩游戏

学习

相关热词:奥运 英语
行业英语辅导课程
李 健协和医科大学医学博士,美国国立卫生研究院博士后……详情>>
李健:医学英语网上辅导名师
高 云澳大利亚注册会计师协会会员,会计专业硕士……详情>>
高云:财会英语网上辅导名师
李文沛中国政法大学博士,师从著名法学家周忠海教授……详情>>
李文沛:法律英语网上辅导名师

  1、凡本网注明 “来源:外语教育网”的所有作品,版权均属外语教育网所有,未经本网授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式使用;已经本网授权的,应在授权范围内使用,且必须注明“来源:外语教育网”。违反上述声明者,本网将追究其法律责任。
  2、本网部分资料为网上搜集转载,均尽力标明作者和出处。对于本网刊载作品涉及版权等问题的,请作者与本网站联系,本网站核实确认后会尽快予以处理。本网转载之作品,并不意味着认同该作品的观点或真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人转载使用,请与著作权人联系,并自负法律责任。
  3、联系方式
  编辑信箱:for68@chinaacc.com
  电话:010-82319999-2371