外语教育网
  • 站内搜索:

迎奥运:全民英语教程第13课

2006-04-07 15:56
  Unit 22 In the Hotel在旅馆

Brief Introduction 简介

在外地旅游,住宿的问题是少不了的,绝大多数旅客的选择是住旅馆。而在旅游的旺季,城市里的宾馆常常会呈现饱满的情况;所以旅客在入住旅馆之前,最好先以其他的方式预定房间,以免临时出现客满的无奈情况。

旅客在入住旅馆时,必须凭护照或身份证办理入住手续,住宿手续一般是在旅馆大厅的服务台进行。

在旅客入住酒店时,使者或电梯服务员会主动热情的帮助客人提行李,有时客人会付小费。

在酒店住宿时,旅客还会享受到酒店提供的一系列便利服务,包括送餐饮到客房、换洗衣物、订购车票机票等等。旅客只要打个电话向服务部说明自己需要的相应服务种类就行了。

“宾客至上”是宾馆的工作准则,一切工作以满足旅客的需要为目的。

Basic Expressions 基本句型表达】

Fill out the form, please 请填表格

Would you please complete the registration form?

请填一下这张表格,好吗?

Sir, could you please fill in this form?

先生,您能填一下这张表吗?

Could you please sign here?

您在这儿签一下名好吗?

Checking out materials 查看资料

Do you have a confirmation not, sir?

先生,您有定房间的确认票吗?

Can I have your note, sir?

先生,我可以看一下您的便条吗?

Can I have your hotel voucher, please?

请让我看一下您的定房凭证,好吗?

Carrying baggage for travelers 替客人提行李

May I help you with your luggage, sir?

先生,我帮您提行李,好吗?

Just a moment, please. I’ll get the trolley/cart.

请等一下,我去拿手推车。

Please leave it to me. I’ll take it for you.

请把它交给我,我来帮您拿。

Paying 付款方式

How would you like to make payment?

您打算怎样付款?

How would you like to settle your bill/account?

您打算如何支付您的帐单/结帐?

Giving keys to guests 交钥匙给客人

Here is your room key, sir.

先生,这是您的房间钥匙。

Please keep the identification card, sir?

先生,请留下身份证。

You need to show it when you collect your key from the reception desk.

您从前台取钥匙时需要出示它。

Please return your key before you leave.

您离开时,请归还您的钥匙。

Telling advantages of the hotel to guests 告诉客人酒店的优点

I’m sure you’ll like your room. It’s spacious and airy.

我相信您会喜欢您的房间,它很宽敞,空气很好。

I can assure you that the room is very quiet.

我能保证这个房间很安静。

We have the best chef in Beijing.

我们有北京最好的厨师。

Wishes 祝愿

I hope you enjoy your stay at the hotel.

希望您在酒店过得愉快。

I hope you have an enjoyable stay.

希望您过得愉快。

Have a nice evening, sir. And enjoy your stay.

先生,晚安,并祝您在此过得愉快。

Leaving a message 留言

Would you like to leave him a message?

您愿意给他留言吗?

Can I take a message for him?

我为您给他捎个口信吗?

I’ll make sure that Mr. Cheng gets the message.

我一定会让先生知道这个消息。

Refusing requests 拒绝请求

I’m afraid not, madam.

夫人,恐怕不行。

Regretfully, no, madam. It’s our policy.

很遗憾,夫人,这是我们的纪律。

Unfortunately, no, sir. We can’t accept invitations from our guests.

很可惜,先生,我们不能接受客人的邀请。

Conversations会话】

Dialogue 1

A: Good morning, sir. Sorry to disturb you. May I make up the room now?

早晨好,先生。对不起打搅您了,我可以收拾房间吗?

B: Yes, please. We’re on our way out so we put the “make up” sign on. Could you bring us some towels and hangers?

可以。我们快要外出了,所以才挂上“请勿打搅”的牌子。你能多拿些毛巾和和衣架上来给我们吗?

A: No problem, sir. Everything will be ready when you come back.

没问题,先生。您回来的时候,一切会准备好。

Dialogue 2

A: Good morning. I want a room tonight.

早上好。今晚我想要一个房间。

B: Single or double?

单人房间还是双人的?

A: Single, please.

请给我单人的。

B: Do you have a reservation?

您预定了吗?

A: Yes, I made a reservation in Shanghai.

是的,我在上海订的。

B: Then, I believe you have a conformation slip.

那么,您有预约确认券吧。

A: Yea, let me see. Is this the one you want?

哦,我看看。这个就是吗?

B: Yes, that’s it. What’s your name, please?

是的,就是这个。请问您的姓名是?

A: Wumei is my name.

吴美。

B: Just a moment, please. Yes, we have a room reservation for you.

请稍等,是的,我们为您留了一个房间。

A: Is it a room with a bathroom?

是附有浴室的房间吗?

B: Yes, it is.

是的。

A: Can you give me a quiet room?

能给我一个安静的房间吗?

B: Yes, it is an inside room on the eighth floor.

好的,这是一个8楼内侧的房间。

A: What’s the room rate?

房间的费用是多少?

B: Eighty dollars a day. How long do you plan to stay, Mr. Wu?

一天80美元。您打算住多久呢?

A: Three nights as scheduled.

如预定中的3晚。

B: Will you sign the register, please?

请在登记表上签名好吗?

A: Is that right?

这样可以了吗?

B: Thank you, Mr. Wu. Your room number is 827. The bellboy will take your bags and show you to your room.

谢谢您。您的房间号是827。服务员会帮您提行李,并带您到您的房间去。

A: Thanks.

谢谢。

Dialogue 3

A: Hi, I’m Josephine Chen, the tour guide for the Jade Agency. We have a reservation of twenty rooms for tonight.

嗨!我叫陈佐芬,是翡翠旅游公司的领队,我们订了20个房间。

B: Please to meet you, Miss Chen. My name is Joey. Welcome to the hotel. Here are the keys, registration slips and breakfast vouchers. Breakfast will be served from seven tomorrow morning. Is there any change in your schedule?

幸会,陈小姐,我叫祖儿,欢迎光临敝酒店。这是你们的房间钥匙、登记表及早餐券。早餐明早7点供应。你们的行程有没有改变呢?

A: No, our check-out time will still be 8:30 tomorrow.

没有,我们依然会在明早8点半退房。

B: Then we will arrange a morning call at 7:30. Will that be fine?

那么我把早晨唤醒服务安排在7点半好吗?

A: That’s alright.

很好。

B: Please put your luggage outside your room by eight. The bellboy will pick them up.

请告诉团友们早上8点把行李放于房间外,我们的服务员会前来收集的。

A: Thank you.

谢谢。

B: Thank you very much. Hope you enjoy your stay.

谢谢,希望你们住得愉快。

Dialogue 4

A: Front desk. May I help you?

服务台,能为您效劳吗?

B: I’m going to check out tomorrow but will be back in a week’s time. Can I leave my luggage here?

我会在明天退房,但一星期后会回来,请问我可以把行李存在酒店里吗?

A: Yes, sure. We do have a storage service. When will you be checking out tomorrow?

当然可以,先生,我们是有寄存服务的,请问您明天什么时候退房?

B: About nine-thirty in the morning.

大约早上9点半吧。

A: Then shall we arrange the bellboy to pick up your luggage at 9:00?

那么我们安排服务生9点来取行李可以吗?

B: Sure.

可以。

A: May I have your room number, please?

请告诉我您的房间号码,好吗?

B: 1218.

1218

A: 1218. We’ll collect your luggage at 9:00 tomorrow. Would you then come to the Front Desk to get your storage receipt, please?

1218.我们明早9点来取行李,然后麻烦您到服务台来取收据。

B: Thank you very much, bye!

谢谢,再见。

A: You’re welcome. Goodbye.

不用客气,再见。

Dialogue 5

A: Good afternoon, ladies. May I help you?

下午好,女士们。 我能效劳吗?

B: Can we have two adjoining double rooms, sir?

我们想要两间邻接的双人房。

A: Have you made a reservation, ladies?

请问您预定房间了吗?

B: I’m afraid not.

没有。

A: One moment, please. I’ve to check if there are rooms available… I’m sorry, ladies. We have only two double rooms available but they are on different floors. Would you mind that?

请等一下,让我查看还有没有空房……对不起,我们只剩下两间单人房,但在不同的层数,这可以吗?

B: We prefer on the same floor because we will probably chat late at night.

我们大概会聊天至深夜,所以希望房间能在同一层。

A: Then may I suggest a family suite? We have just had a cancellation.

那我提议你们入住家庭套房,刚有一位客人取消预定。

B: What is it like?

那是怎样的房间?

A: It’s a big room with a kind-side double bed and two single beds. We could also add rollaways.

那是一间额大的房间,有一张特大的双人床和两张单人床,我们还可以加活动床铺。

B: That’s great! How much is it?

太好了!价钱如何?

A: Two thousand Hong Kong dollars per night plus ten percent service charge and five percent government tax.

港币2000元一晚,另加10%的服务费和5%的政府税。

B: That’s fine.

那不错。

A: But ladies, the room is not yet ready. There will be a delay of about half an hour. Perhaps you could fill in the registration from first and then rest in our lobby for a while. We will let you know when the room is ready.

但女士们,房间还没准备好,大概要多等半个小时,或许你们可以先办理登记手续,然后在大厅休息一会儿,当房间准备好时,我们会通知你们,好吗?

B: Alright, thanks.

那也可以,谢谢。

(After the normal registration procedure)

当登记手续办完之后

A: Ladies, hotel policy requires one night’s room charge as deposit.

女士们,根据酒店规定,我们需收取一天的房金作定金。

B: Do you take traveler’s checks?

你们接受旅行支票吗?

A: Yes, we do, madam.

接受。

(The guest pays the deposit by traveler’s cheques)

顾客以旅行支票支付定金

B: Thank you, madam. Here’s our welcome brochure with all the information of our facilities. My name is Johnny. If you need any help at all, do let me know. I’m at your service.

谢谢,女士们,这是我们的迎宾手册,内详载酒店各项设施的资料。我叫庄尼,假若你们有任何需要,请告诉我。我随时准备为你们服务。

A: Thank you.

谢谢。

Key Words and Notes 关键词和注释】

1. fill out a form = fill in a form 填表格

2. passport n. 护照

3. confirmation n. 证实,确认

4. voucher n. 凭证

5. baggage[] = luggage[] n. 行李

6. make payment 付款

7. identification card 身份证

8. reception desk (旅馆,饭店的)接待处,前台

9. key n. 钥匙

10. spacious a. 宽敞的 airy a. 通风的

11. chef n. 厨师

12. regretfully ad. 很遗憾,很抱歉

13. make up 整理

14. towel n. 手巾,毛巾

15. hanger n. 衣架

16. bathroom n. 浴室

17. the eighth floor 八楼

18. schedule n. 时间表,计划表 v. 列入时间表、计划表等

19. bellboy n. 侍者

20. jade n. 翡翠

21. check out 付帐后离开

22. storage service 寄存服务

23. receipt n. 收据

24. double room 双人间 single room 单人间

25. family suite 家庭套房

26. double bed 双人床 single bed 单人床

27. rollaway a. (因装有脚轮而)(折叠)滚移的

28. tax n.

29. cheque n. 支票

30. deposit n. 押金,定金

Alternative Exercises 替换练习】

1. I’d like to book a single room.

double room

twin room

我想预订一个单人间

双人间

2. I’d like to book a standard suite.

presidential

deluxe

我想预订一个标准套房。

总统

豪华

3. I’d like to book a single room with a view of the garden.

overlooking sea

beach

square

grass

我想预订一个能看到花园景色的单人间。

大海

海滩

广场

草地

4. I’d like to book a single room for tonight.

two nights

a week

the weekend

Wendnesday

我想预订今晚的一个单人间。

两晚的

一周

周末

星期三

5. How much do you charge for a single room with a bath?

a double room with sea view

a private suite

the VIP suite

有浴室的单人间要多少钱?

能看到大海的双人间

一个私人套房

VIP套房

1. Is there a sauna in your hotel?

night club

ball room

swimming pool

conference room

telephone in the room

bar

barber house

在你们旅馆有桑拿浴吗?

夜总会

舞厅

游泳池

会议室

室内电话

酒吧间

理发室

2. If you wish to have breakfast in the room, just call Room Service.

If you need a taxi

If you’d like morning tea

If you need anything

如果您想在室内吃早餐,只须打电话给房间服务部。

如果你需要的士

如果你要早茶

如果你要任何东西

3. Can I pay in cash?

in foreign currency

by traveler’s check

by credit card

by check

我能用现金支付吗?

外币

旅行支票

信用卡

支票

  Unit 23 At the Subway Station在地铁站

Brief Introduction 简介

地铁作为一种现代化的交通工具,为城市交通缓解了很大的压力。地铁在英国称为“Underground”或“Tube”,后者在口语中更为常用;美国则称为“Subway”。地铁车站持续井然,车厢里也整洁舒适,所以很受乘客欢迎。另外,因为地铁速度快,为乘车人节省了不少时间,因此上下班的人多半也会选择地铁;所以地铁站也是了解一个国家风貌的小窗口。

Basic Expressions 基本句型表达】

Asking 问路

Is this the right subway to go to Jianguomen?

这是去建国门的地铁吗?

Could you tell me how to go to the platform?

请问去站台怎么走?

Can we go direct or do we have to change?

我们能直达还是必须转车?

Which line do I take for the Art Gallery?

去美术馆乘哪条地铁?

Is it the right station to change?

我是在这一站换车吗?

It’s four stops from here to Alander Supermarcket.

离阿兰德超市还有四站路。

Is this the right platform for our train?

我们是在这个站台等车吗?

About the circuit of the Subway 有关地铁运行线路

I wonder if I could have an underground map.

能给我一张地铁运行图吗?

Where do I change to the Second Line?

请问我在哪里换乘二线地铁?

Maps showing subway routes are posted at most station.

大多数车站都贴有地铁线地图。

Now let’s have a look at the wall map first.

我们先看一下墙上的地图。

Getting on the train 上车

Fifty cents. You give me fifty cents and I’ll exchange it for a token.

五角钱。您给我五角,我给您换个专用辅币。

You slip the token into the slot at the turnstile and then push the turnstile to get in.

你在入口处那儿把辅币塞进投币孔,就能推动转门进去。

Would you mind my opening the window a bit?

我可以把窗户稍微打开一点吗?

It’s a bad time to travel by subway. Crowds of people are rushing home from work at this hour.

这时候乘地铁最拥挤了,因为正是人们下班回家的时候。

Here comes the train.

车来了。

About the subway 有关地铁

The first train pulls in there at 5:00 a.m. and the last one at midnight.

首班车早上5点在那儿停,末班车要到半夜。

Be careful! Subway doors open and close automatically.

当心!地铁车门是自动开关的。

Conversations会话】

Dialogue 1

A: What’s the cheapest way to go there?

到那里怎么去最便宜?

B: By subway.

坐地铁。

A: Oh, is that right? Is there a subway station near here?

哦,是这样吗?这附近有没有地铁站?

B: Yes, there is one on the other side of the building.

有的,这座大楼对面就有一个。

A: Good. Can I walk through this building?

好的,我能穿过这座大楼去吗?

B: I’m afraid you can’t. You’ll have to go out there and walk around.

恐怕不能。你必须走到外面绕过去。

A: I see. Thank you.

我知道了,谢谢。

Dialogue 2

A: Good! There’s the information desk. How do we get to the 70 th Street, please?

您好!问讯处,请问我们怎样能到第70街?

B: The Northern Line is what you want.

你们可以坐北线地铁。

A: How much is it?

票价多少?

B: It’s two yuan.

两元。

A: Which way do we go for the Northern Line?

我们怎样去北线地铁?

B: Just go through the No.8 ticket-barrier over there. A train will be in directly.

8号检票口往前走,车马上就进站。

A: I appreciate it. Thank you.

明白了。谢谢。

B: That’s all right.

不客气。

Dialogue 3

A: Excuse me. Is this seat taken?

对不起,这位子有人坐吗?

B: I’m afraid this seat is taken.

恐怕这个位子已经有人坐了。

A: Oh, is it? Thank you anyway.

哦,是吗?不论如何还是谢谢你。

B: You’re welcome. Why don’t you ask the conductor when he comes by?

不客气。当车长过来的时候,你为什么不问问他呢?

A: Thank you.

谢谢。

Dialogue 4

A: Well, it’s not as crowded as we expected, isn’t it?

哦,没有我们想的那么拥挤,对吧?

B: No, but it will be soon. Look, there’re two empty seats over there. Let’s get them before somebody else does.

是,但很快就会拥挤。看,那边有两个位子,我们坐去吧。

A: Yes, let’s!

好的!

B: Now let’s make ourselves comfortable since we’ve got quite a long way to go.

走了这么多路,让我们舒服一下。

A: That’s a good idea.

好主意。

Dialogue 5

A: Let’s go to Wangfujing by bus.

我们坐公共汽车去王府井吧。

B: Better take the subway. It’s faster, and more convenient.

最好乘地铁,地铁更快,更方便。

A: O.K, it will be a new experience for me.

可以,这对我来说也是一次新的经历。

B: We have a rather comprehensive subway system here. You can get almost anywhere rather quickly on a subway, especially at this time of day when the traffic is heavy…

我们这儿有相当广泛的地铁系统,你可以坐地铁迅速到达任何地方,特别是在白天的这个交通高峰期……

A: Where do we pay the fare?

我们在哪里付车费?

B: Just give the man standing there 3 yuan and he’ll give you a token. Then, you slip it into the slot at the turnstile and push the turnstile to get in.

给售票员3元,他会给你一张辅币。你在入口处那儿把辅币塞进投币孔,就能推转门去了。

A: Let me pay for it. Where can I get a subway map?

让我来付费,我在哪儿能买到地铁图?

B: Ask the worker who sells tokens to give you one. It’s free of charge. Actually maps showing subway routes are posted at most stations.

向售货员要一张,那是免费的,实际上大多数地铁站都贴有线路图。

A: Do I have to pay an additional fare to change trains?

换乘地铁时,我还要付费吗?

B: No, you don’t have to. Here comes the train.

不用,车来了。

Be careful! Subway doors open and close automatically.

小心,车门是自动开关的。

Key Words and Notes 关键词和注释】

1. subway n. 地铁

2. platform n. 站台,月台

3. line n. 路线

4. the Art Gallery 美术馆

5. underground n. []地铁

6. slip vt. 塞进

7. token n. 代币,辅币

8. turnstile n. 旋转栅门,投币孔

9. crowd n. 人群 crowded a. 拥挤的

10. midnight n. 午夜

11. ticket-barrier n. 检票口

12. conductor n. 列车长

13. comfortable a. 舒服的

14. convenient a. 便利的,方便的

15. comprehensive a. 广泛的

16. slot n. 硬币投币口

Alternative Exercises 替换练习】

1. I’d like to buy a month-return ticket to London.

day-return

weekend-return

return /round trip

single /one way

我想买一张到伦敦的往返月票

往返日票

周末往返票

往返票

单程票

2. Could you tell me which platform the train leaves from?

if there is any sleeping compartments on the train

if there is a dining car

where the first class compartment is

which is the train to Wangfujin

when the first / last train go to Wangfujin

你能告诉我火车从哪个站台开出吗?

火车上有卧铺车厢

有餐车

一等车厢在哪里

哪趟是到王府井的车

第一辆(最后一辆)发往王府井的时间

3. Would you tell me how to go to the platform, please?

how to get down to the subway

how much the fare is

请你告诉我如何去月台好吗?

如何到地铁站

  费用是多少
相关热词:奥运 英语
行业英语辅导课程
李 健协和医科大学医学博士,美国国立卫生研究院博士后……详情>>
李健:医学英语网上辅导名师
高 云澳大利亚注册会计师协会会员,会计专业硕士……详情>>
高云:财会英语网上辅导名师
李文沛中国政法大学博士,师从著名法学家周忠海教授……详情>>
李文沛:法律英语网上辅导名师

  1、凡本网注明 “来源:外语教育网”的所有作品,版权均属外语教育网所有,未经本网授权不得转载、链接、转贴或以其他方式使用;已经本网授权的,应在授权范围内使用,且必须注明“来源:外语教育网”。违反上述声明者,本网将追究其法律责任。
  2、本网部分资料为网上搜集转载,均尽力标明作者和出处。对于本网刊载作品涉及版权等问题的,请作者与本网站联系,本网站核实确认后会尽快予以处理。本网转载之作品,并不意味着认同该作品的观点或真实性。如其他媒体、网站或个人转载使用,请与著作权人联系,并自负法律责任。
  3、联系方式
  编辑信箱:for68@chinaacc.com
  电话:010-82319999-2371