1. My pain apparent the moment I walked into the room， for the first man I met asked sympathetically： “Are you feeling all right？”
A. must be B. must have been C. had been D. had to be
2. It is only when you nearly lose someone fully conscious of how much you value him.
A. do you become B. then you become C. that you become D. have you become
3. Just as the soil is a part of the earth， the atmosphere.
A. as it is B. so is C. the same as D. and so is
4. While driving along the treacherous road， .
A. my right rear tire blew out B. my right rear tire had a blowout
C. I had a blowout on my right rear tire D. I had my right rear tire blowout
5. Jean Wagner‘s most enduring contribution to the study of Afro-American Poetry is his insistence that it in a religious， as well as worldly， frame of reference.
A. is to be analyzed B. has been analyzed
C. be analyzed D. should have been analyzed
6. there is little we can do to modify the weather， we can at least know what kind of weather to expect.
A. Since B. When C. While D. Unless
7. This organization brought Western artists together in the hope of making more of an impact on the art community any of them could inpidually and to promote Western art by women.
A. rather than B. rather C. than D. other than
8. But the Swiss discovered long years ago that constant warfare brought them suffering and poverty.
A. anything but B. nothing but C. none other than D. no more than
9. After seemed an endless wait， it was her turn to step into the doctor‘s office.
A. it B. that C. what D. which
10. The board deemed it‘s urgent that these files right away.
A. had to be printed B. should have been printed
C. must be printed D. should be printed
11. The sale usually takes place outside the house， with the audience on benches， chairs or boxes.
A. having seated B. seating C. seated D. having been seated
12. in this way， the situation doesn‘t seem so disappointing.
A. To look at B. Looking at C. Looked at D. To be looked at
13. Nobody came to see me while I was out， ？
A. did they B. didn‘t they C. did she D. didn’t she
14. You will see this product wherever you go.
A. to be advertised B. advertised C. advertise D. advertising
15. Suddenly fire broke out in the room and everything in it was soon on fire.
A. /， a B. The， / C. a， / D. /， the
参考答案：BCBCC CCBCD CCABC