国务院办公厅转发国务院扶贫开发领导小组关于组织经济较发达地区与经济欠发达地区开展扶贫协作报告的通知 CIRCULAR OF THE GENERAL OFFICE OF THE STATE COUNCIL ON TRANSMITTING A REPORT OF THE LEADING GROUP FOR DEVELOPMENT OF UNDERDEVELOPED REGIONS UNDER THE STATE COUNCIL ON ORGANIZING COOPERATION FOR POVERTY RELIEF BETWEEN ECONOMICALLY LESS DEVELOPED AND ECONOMICALLY DEVELOPED REGIONS
（July 6， 1996）
颁布日期：19960706 实施日期：19960706 颁布单位：国务院办公厅
The Report on Organizing Cooperation for Poverty Relief between Economically Less Developed and Economically Developed Regions submitted by the State Council Leading Group for Development of Underdeveloped Regions has been agreed to by the State Council and is herewith transmitted to you for implementation accordingly.
It is a strategic task of future reform and development to lead regional economies to a coordinated development approach， to strengthen cooperation of mutual-aid between the eastern and the western regions， to help impoverished regions provide just adequate food and clothing to masses and to gradually reduce the gap between regions. Cooperation for poverty relief between economically developed and economically underdeveloped regions can significantly promote mutual-replenishment of advantages between regions， facilitate liberalization and development of social productivity， speed up steps of poverty elimination and wealth acquisition of underdeveloped regions， realize the goal of enjoying common wealthy life， improve nationalities unification and maintain long-term stability and order of the state. People's governments at different levels and relevant departments shall pay close attention to this work， organize a variety of manpower of the society to participate， take different approaches to support and help impoverished regions develop economy and make new and greater contribution to scheduled realization of objectives laid down in the State Eighth-Seven-Year Plan on Poverty Relief.
APPENDIX： REPORT ON ORGANIZING COOPERATION FOR POVERTY RELIEF BETWEEN ECONOMICALLY LESS DEVELOPED AND ECONOMICALLY DEVELOPED REGIONS
With a view to mobilizing different strengths of the society to participate in helping underdeveloped regions develop economy， making joint effort in helping people in impoverished regions get adequate food and clothing and acquire wealth and eliminate poverty， and in accordance with the spirit of the Fifth Plenary Session of the Fourteenth Central Committee of the Communist Party and requirements of the State Eighth-Seven-Year Plan on Poverty Relief， it is hereby reported on arrangements for cooperation for poverty relief between economically developed and less developed regions：
1. After consultation with relevant local governments and upon their agreement， it has been determined to have the following pairs of partners in cooperation for poverty relief： Beijing Municipality Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region； Tianjin Municipality Gansu Province； Shanghai Municipality Yunnan Province； Guangdong Province GuangxiZhuang Autonomous Region； Jiangsu Province Shaanxi Province； Zejiang Province Sichuan Province； Shandong Province Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region； Liaoning Province Qinghai Province； Fujian Province Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region； the cities of Dalian， Qingdao， Shenzhen and Ningbo Guizhou Province.
2. The main task of cooperation for poverty relief is to follow the Party's basic theories and guidelines， observe the principles of mutual-replenishment of advantages between the east and west， mutual-benefit and common development， strengthen the work on poverty elimination and economic development of underdeveloped regions and realize objectives laid down in the State Eighth-Seven-Year Plan on Poverty Relief.
Major contents of cooperation for poverty relief are：
（1） to help training and introducing of talents into underdeveloped regions， introducing technologies and funds， passing on information， coordinating flow of commodities and facilitating exchange of goods；
（2） to conduct economic and technological cooperation： help poor regions develop planting， aqui culture and relevant processing industry which are beneficial to speedy supply of adequate food and clothing to the poor， and help poor regions develop labour-intensive and resources-exploiting production；
（3） to organize those relatively efficient enterprises in developed regions to spur and help development of production in enterprises of underdeveloped regions which produce same kind of products；
（4） to develop labour cooperation： according to actual needs， organize， in a rational and orderly manner， surplus labour of underdeveloped regions to go to economically developed regions for employment；
（5） to mobilize social donations， on a voluntary basis， of clothing， quilts， funds， medicine， medical apparatus and instruments， cultural and education apparatus and other daily necessities；
Contents and forms of cooperation for poverty relief may be determined by the partners through consultation in light of necessity and possibility.
3. According to the gist of the Ninth-Five-Year Plan on National Economy and Social Development and Outlines of Long-term Objectives in Perspective of the Year 2010 and the State Eighth-Seven-Plan on Poverty Relief， both of which were adopted by the Fourth Session of the Eighth National People's Congress， and with a view to promoting the cooperation for poverty relief， it is suggested that the following policies be reiterated and reaffirmed：
（1） Whenever state industrial policies are formulated or carried out， considerations shall be given to particularity of underdeveloped regions and supports be offered to such regions；
（2） The state shall give priority to the middle and western regions when choosing sites for the construction of resources exploiting and infrastructure projects and make preferential arrangements for funds in case a resource exploiting project within the middle or western regions is intended to serve as a national base；
（3） Whoever establishes an exploitative enterprise in an underdeveloped region may in a proper manner utilize local funds intended for poverty relief and may engage in joint development；
（4） Enterprises newly sponsored within state-designated “old， minority， border or impoverished” regions may enjoy reduction and exemption of income tax over the first 3 years；
（5） In case that underdeveloped regions utilize foreign capital， develop international trade and economic cooperation， they shall enjoy priority over similar cases in other regions and be supported as key places. In this case restrictions on areas for foreign investment may be properly relaxed.
（6） Railway and communication departments shall relax restriction on transport destinations in the case of cargoes for cooperation and replenishment. Large quantity of cargoes intended for underdeveloped regions shall enjoy priority in transport planning.
Underdeveloped regions shall on the basis of their actual conditions formulate preferential policies to attract exterior investment， speed up local resources exploitation and facilitate economic development.
4. The original arrangements for regional economic cooperation remain unchanged， under which all regions of the country offer help and support to the Tibet Autonomous Region geared to the needs of the latter and relevant regions offer help and support to the Three Gorges Reservoir District geared to its needs. The people's governments of each province， autonomous region or municipality directly under the central government shall be responsible for organizing the cooperation for poverty relief between developed cities and counties and underdeveloped prefectures and counties within the territory of the respective province， autonomous region or municipality directly under the central government. And such cooperation shall be developed into a long， steady practice.
5. People's governments at different levels shall effectively strengthen leadership over cooperation for poverty relief and mobilize extensive social forces for their active involvement. One leading official in each government shall be nominated to be in charge of the work and departments undertaking the work shall be specified. Both partners to such cooperation shall each year hold a joint meeting to sum up experiences and solve concerned issues through consultation. The State Council Leading Group for Development of Underdeveloped Regions shall be in charge of the organization of and coordination for cooperation for poverty relief that involves different provinces， autonomous regions or municipalities. Relevant departments of the State Council shall actively cooperate and give support. All provinces， autonomous regions and municipalities shall submit written agreements on cooperation for poverty relief and reports on their implementation to the office of the State Council Leading Group for Development of Underdeveloped Regions for record.
Poverty-relieving cooperation between developed and underdeveloped regions is a important approach to facilitating poverty elimination and wealth acquisition in poor places， and is a necessary measure for realization of common prosperity. People's governments and cadres at different levels in underdeveloped regions shall carry on the spirit of self-reliance and working hard， and lead the people to do strenuous and effective work so as to eliminate poverty as soon as possible.