国务院对禁止非法拼（组）装汽车、摩托车通告的批复 REPLY OF THE STATE COUNCIL TO THE NOTICE OF BAN ON ILLEGAL COMPOSING OF AUTOMOBILES AND MOTORCYCLES
（August 21， 1996）
颁布日期：19960821 实施日期：19960821 颁布单位：国务院
The State Council agrees to the Notice of Ban on Illegal Composing of Automobiles and Motorcycles. You are allowed to jointly promulgate the Notice and conduct its implementation.
APPENDIX： NOTICE OF BAN ON ILLEGAL COMPOSING OF AUTOMOBILES AND MOTORCYCLES
With a view to enforcing the state policy on automobile industry， protecting the life safety of citizens， rigorously cracking down on illegal composing of automobiles and motorcycles and maintaining the normal order of production and marketing of automobiles and motorcycles， the following provisions are hereby notified：
1. It constitutes illegal vehicle composition to compose or make automobiles using imported automobile body （including driver's cab） without authorization of concerned state departments；
2. It constitutes illegal vehicle composition to compose or make motorcycles using imported motorcycle engines （including whole set of engine components） and frames without authorization of concerned state departments；
3. In case of illegal vehicle composition， the industrial and commercial administrative organ， public security organ and the customs shall within their respective jurisdiction confiscate sales income， vehicles so composed and imported components not yet sold；
4. Those confiscated vehicles， which have passed tests on quality and safety， shall be run by units designated by the state to confiscate illicit vehicles for enforcement of justice. No other unit or individual may run these illegally composed automobiles and motorcycles. Whoever intends to buy automobiles or motorcycles shall make the purchase with state-designated sales units. In case of violation of these provisions， the industrial and commercial administrative organ shall confiscate the illegally composed vehicles and sales income. If the case is serious， the business license of the offender may be revoked.
5. Public traffic administrative department may not issue the vehicle number plate or credential to any illegally composed vehicle except those disposed of after confiscation according to law， and shall confiscate such vehicles；
6. Separate regulations shall be formulated in regard to handling illicit composition of vehicles using domestic automobile or motorcycle bodies or components.
7. In case that violation of the present Notice is serious enough to constitute a crime， the case shall be turned over to the judicial organ for investigation into criminal responsibility the rein. 8. The present Notice shall come into force as of the date of promulgation.