国务院关于开展第一次全国基本单位普查的通知 CIRCULAR OF THE STATE COUNCIL CONCERNING THE FIRST NATIONWIDE GENERAL SURVEY OF BASIC UNITS
（January 29， 1996）
颁布日期：19960125 实施日期：19960125 颁布单位：国务院
Gradual efforts directed at reforming China's economy have brought about substantial changes in the economic nature， method of operation and organizational structure of various units. Objects of statistical investigation are increasing and becoming more complicated. Due to the great changes in the statistical entirety and the limitations of the statistical scope， the existing overall statistical investigation system is statistically incomplete and unclear. With the intent to accurately reflect the changes of these various basic units in China， capture the overall distribution of basic units as they relate to trade， economic nature， scale， structure and location， provide a basis for the state's formulation of industrial policies， for the adjustment of the distribution of production， and for the planning of urban construction， and to lay the foundation for reforming the statistical investigation system so that it operates with greater accuracy and efficiency， the State Council has decided to initiate in 1996， the first nationwide general survey of basic units. The following circular hereby establishes an outline of this survey：
1. Purpose of the General Survey： In the interest of assessing the country's condition， this general survey shall determine the base number of units for all trades in the entire country and provide basic statistical data to be used in observing and analyzing the distribution and development of China's basic units as they relate to location， trade and economic nature.
2. Objects and Contents of the General Survey： The objects of the general survey shall include all units deemed as legal persons as well as their subsidiary bodies engaging in industrial activities. Legal persons shall include enterprises， institutions， state organs， social organizations and other units， while those industrial bodies attached to legal persons shall include those engaging in agriculture， industry， transportation， wholesale or retail trade， catering and other trade services， administrative offices and social organizations. For each legal person and its subsidiary body， the general survey shall require data on not limited to its basic attributes and information on its economic nature， trade， employees， scale and operational status.
3. Scheduling of the General Survey： The standard point of time for the general survey is set on December 31， 1996. Its preparatory stage will occur sometime before December， 1996. The collection， verification and processing of data compiled from this nationwide general survey of basic units shall be finished by June， 1997. By the close of 1997， the national， provincial and prefectural （or municipal） levels shall establish databases listing the basic enterprises and institutions and the data collected from this survey shall be analyzed， researched， developed and applied.
4. Expenses for the General Survey： Expenses for this nationwide general survey of basic units shall be paid by the treasures of the central and local authorities respectively and shall be included in their financial budgets for the corresponding years.
5. Organization and Execution of the General Survey： In view that this will be the first general survey of basic units， relevant governments at various levels and departments shall attach great importance and support to this survey. The State Statistical Bureau shall supervise the detailed affairs of the survey's organization and execution. People's governments at various levels shall strengthen their leadership role over the survey's organization and coordination and relevant departments shall coordinate their actions and closely cooperate among themselves in completing the survey. Units of various kinds shall accurately and truthfully report relevant data as is required and shall not， in the interest of maintaining the survey's integrity， submit false reports or conceal information.