商标使用许可合同备案办法 Trademark Licensing Contract Recordal Procedures
(Promulgated by the Trademark Office of the State Administration for Industry and Commerce on, and effective as of, 1 August, 1997.)
颁布日期：19970801 实施日期：19970801 颁布单位：国家工商行政管理局
Article 1 These Procedures are formulated in accordance with the relevant provisions of the PRC, Trademark Law and the PRC, Trademark Law Implementing Rules, in order to strengthen the administration of trademark licensing contracts and to standardize the acts of trademark licensing.
Article 2 A trademark registrant shall sign a trademark licensing contract if it wishes to license its registered trademark to another.
Article 3 When concluding a trademark licensing contract, the principles of free will and good faith shall be observed.
No unit or individual may use a licensing contract to engage in illegal activities and harm the public interest or the rights and interests of the consumers.
Article 4 Within three months following the execution of a trademark licensing contract the licensor shall file a duplicate of the licensing contract with the Trademark Office for the record.
Article 5 The filing for the record of a trademark licensing contract with the Trademark Office may be entrusted to a trademark agency approved by the State Administration for Industry and Commerce or be carried out directly with the Trademark Office.
If the licensor is a foreigner or a foreign enterprise, he or it shall appoint a trademark agency designated by the State Administration for Industry and Commerce.
Article 6 A trademark licensing contract shall at least contain the following particulars:
1. the licensed trademark and the number of its registration certificate;
2. the scope of licensed goods;
3. the licence term;
4. the way in which representations of the trademark licensed shall be provided;
5. provisions for supervision by the licensor of the quality of the licensee's goods for which the registered trademark is used; and
6. provisions requiring the licensee to indicate its name and the place of origin on the goods for which the registered trademark of the licensor is used.
Article 7 When applying for recordal of a trademark licensing contract, the following documents shall be provided:
1. the recordal form for the trademark licensing contract;
2. a duplicate of the trademark licensing contract; and
3. a photocopy of the registration certificate of the trademark licensed.
A valid certificate obtained by the licensee from the administrative department for public health shall also be filed in case the trademark licensing contract that is placed on record involves pharmaceuticals for human use.
A valid certificate approving production obtained by the licensee from the State department in charge of tobacco shall also be filed in case the trademark licensing contract that is placed on record involves cigarettes, cigars or packaged cut tobacco.
Documents in a foreign language shall be accompanied by a Chinese translation.
Article 8 In case a trademark registrant licenses its registered trademark to a third party through a licensee, then the trademark licensing contract shall contain a clause permitting the licensee to license the trademark to a third party, or the licensor shall issue a letter of authorization to that effect.
Article 9 When applying for recordal of a trademark licensing contract, one trademark licensing contract recordal form shall be completed for every trademark licensed and be accompanied by a duplicate of the trademark licensing contract in question and a photocopy of the Trademark Registration Certificate.
In case a number of trademarks are licensed to one licensee under one contract, the licensor shall file the same number of trademark licensing contract recordal forms and Trademark Registration Certificate photocopies, but need file only one duplicate of the licensing contract.
Article 10 When applying for recordal of a trademark licensing contract, the licensor shall pay a recordal fee according to the number of trademarks licensed.
The recordal fee may be paid directly to the Trademark Office or by an appointed trademark agency. The specific fee standards shall be determined according to the regulations on charges for relevant trademark business.
Article 11 The Trademark Office shall not grant recordal under any of the following circumstances:
1. the licensor is not the registrant of the licensed trademark;
2. the licensed trademark is different from the registered trademark;
3. the registration certificate number of the licensed trademark does not agree with the provided trademark registration certificate number;
4. the licence term exceeds the term of validity of the registered trademark;
5. the goods for which the registered trademark is licensed exceed the scope of goods for which use of the trademark has been approved;
6. the trademark licensing contract lacks the particulars mentioned in Article 6 hereof;
7. the application for recordal does not contain all documents required in Article 7 hereof;
8. the trademark licensing contract recordal fee has not been paid in full;
9. the foreign language documents in the application for recordal are not accompanied by a Chinese translation; or
10. other circumstances under which recordal shall not be granted.
Article 12 The Trademark Office shall grant recordal of a trademark licensing contract when all the documents to be filed therefor have been filed and comply with the relevant provisions of the Trademark Law and the Trademark Law Implementing Rules .
After a trademark licensing contract has been recorded, the Trademark Office shall send a recordal notice to the recordal applicant. In addition, it shall publish all recordals in the second volume of the month of the Trademark Gazette.
Article 13 Applications that do not comply with the recordal requirements shall be returned by the Trademark Office together with an explanation of the reason.
Within one month upon receipt of the returned recordal materials, the licensor shall make additions and corrections according to the Trademark Office's directions and resubmit the materials for recordal purposes.
Article 14 A new application for recordal of a trademark licensing contract shall be made under any of the following circumstances:
1. the scope of goods for which the trademark is licensed has changed;
2. the licence term has changed;
3. ownership of the licensed trademark has been transferred; or
4. any other circumstances requiring the making of a new application for recordal.
Article 15 The licensor and the licensee shall notify in writing the Trademark Office and the authorities for the administration of industry and commerce at county level in their respective locations under any of the following circumstances:
1. a change in the name of the licensor has occurred;
2. a change in the name of the licensee has occurred;
3. the trademark licensing contract has been terminated early; or
4. any other circumstances that need to be reported
Article 16 If recordal was obtained through fraud or other irregular means, the Trademark Office shall cancel the recordal of the trademark licensing contract and publicly announce the same.
Article 17 After a trademark licensing contract has been filed for the record, any unit or person may apply in writing for information, in which case an inquiry fee shall be paid according to the relevant regulations.
Article 18 In accordance with Article 35 of the Trademark Law Implementing Rules , the licensor and the licensee shall file, within three months from the date of execution of the trademark licensing contract, a duplicate of the said contract with the authorities for the administration of industry and commerce of the places where they are located to be kept for reference. As to the specific methods for keeping such duplicates for reference, reference may be made to these Procedures.
Article 19 The authorities for the administration of industry and commerce at county level and above* shall be responsible for guidance, supervision and control of trademark licensing, in accordance with the Trademark Law and other laws, rules and regulations.
Article 20 The use of the trademark licensing contract to engage in illegal activities shall be dealt with by the authorities for the administration of industry and commerce at county level and above *in accordance with the Trademark Law and other laws, rules and regulations. If such use constitutes a criminal offence, criminal liability shall be pursued according to law.
Article 21 For the purposes of these Procedures, the term "trademark licensor" shall mean the person in a trademark licensing contract that licenses its registered trademark to another person; and the term "trademark licensee" shall mean a person that complies with the relevant provisions of the Trademark Law and the Trademark Law Implementing Rules and that has been authorized by a trademark registrant to use its trademark.
The provisions of these Procedures that relate to trademarks for goods are applicable to trademarks for services.
Article 22:The Trademark Office shall formulate and publish a model trademark licensing contract.
Article 23 These Procedures shall be implemented from the date of promulgation. The Points for Attention on the Recordal of Trademark Licensing Contracts promulgated by the Trademark Office on 25 February, 1985 shall cease to be effective on the same date.