I.The following sentence are not unified or coherent.You are required to improve each of them（20 points）
1.She told my sister that she was wrong. 2.Li Bai was one of the greatest poets. 3.Looking up at the sky ，a bird was flying round the tree. 4.His brother wants either to study American literature or study English literature. 5.Tom is one the students who refuses to accept the invitation to the party. 6.She was knocked down by a bike，but it was not serious. 7.On entering the room，no one was seen. 8.Over the past few years，the city has nearly built 1000 houses. 9.He lost a purse and soon found it.The police helped him. 10.Packed in a box，the typist could not find the machine.
II.Identify the topic sentence in each of the following paragraphs by underlining it （10 points）：
1. Traffic is one of the essential activities for all the cities and towns throughout China.Each day ，by various means of transportation，heavy loads of goods and a great number of passengers are conveyed to and from every corner of cities and towns.With the modernization drive in full swing，traffic is getting increasingly important for people's life.What a mess cities and towns would be in if it were out of action even for a single minute！
2. In our society ，there are many professions we can choose.For example，one can be a worker，a teacher，a clerk，a businessman，a lawyer，a doctor，a journalist or a sportsman.But how can we choose an ideal career？It is important to be sensible about the choice.One the one hand，one should not try to reach after what is beyond his grasp.On the other hand，one should try to find a position that he is fit for.
3. Probably the most important part of this new life is learning to live with your roommates，the people you see most often.Finding the perfect roommate may be impossible .But here are my requirements for the perfect roommate.The person should be a nonsmoker and a quiet person with similar interests to mine.She （it must be a she）should be considerate， courteous， generous， generous， thoughtful， studious when I want to be studious，fun-loving when I want to have fun，respectful of privacy and personal property，and finally，she should have a great sense of humor.In a nutshell，she sould be like me.
4. A person with a police record may have a hard time.He or she finds it difficult to get or renew a driver's license because of a political record.A conviction for a felony can prevent a person from being able to enter a profession such as medicine，law，or teaching.It can also make it difficult to get a responsible position in business or industry.Special hearing are required before an ex-convict can hold a government job.
5. Father and Mother are very different from each other.My mother's nature is very outgoing，emotional，and impulsive.She enjoys dancing，going to parties，being with lots of people and spending money very freely.My father ，on the other hand，is quiet，reserved，and controlled.He looks at things logically and practically，not giving in to his emotions.He feels more comfortable with only a few，if any，people around and would be content to watch TV or read a book for recreation.
III.If there are three professions（as listed below）for you to choose，which of the three would you choose？why？Write an essay of about 300 words to support your choice.（70 points）
A.teacher B.businessman C.civic servant