450. Let's talk about the ground forces, please.
451. It is easier to do so.
452. The ground forces include many technical arms.
453. Artillery troops are trained to operate their weapons and equipment.
454. Armored forces are required to drive all the tanks.
455. There are many missions for the engineer troops.
456. One of them is to construct field works in wartime.
457. In peace time, they provide the earthquake and disaster relief work.
458. The tasks of communication units are more formidable.
459. In the Gulf War, the Iraqis became "deaf and dumb".
460. The command channels didn't work at all.
461. Bush could be in administrative and combat control of the U.S. Armed Forces.
462. He could be in the chain of command even down to the smallest units.
463. All this above imputes or contributes to the communication support.
464. Reconnaissance troops seem increasingly important in local warfare.
465. The scouts can go behind the enemy lines.
466. And gather enemy information with their skills and tactics.
467. And destroy enemy command center if necessary.
468. The monitors must be forward ears and eyes to the top leaders.
469. The air unit of the Army is a new branch.
470. It is equipped with attack helicopters.
471. The aviation units can provide fire support for the ground forces.
472. They may play a major role in hasty attacks.
473. In hasty defensive fights, they can support the infantry to complete the task.
474. Their main problems are the coordination with other arms in the battlefield.
475. The tactics, techniques and skills depend on the integrated training efforts
476. Infantry means, by definition, soldiers who fight on foot.
477. Foot soldiers have a long history.
478. Therefore people have some ideas of them.
479. Having captured enemy strongholds means they are taken by infantrymen.
480. During WWⅡGerman occupation of France lasted four years.
481. The final victory is gained in cooperation with the Navy and the Air Force.
482. The U.S. ground forces went into action immediately after the Sept. 11 attacks.
483. Servicemen of the world are talking about the strategy, operations and tactics.
484. They are studying the fighting and training methods.
485. The Americans are rethinking why the terrorists attacked their typical buildings.
486. What's the influence strategically?
487. We train ourselves to meet the needs of tomorrow battlefield.
488. But military science ranges from sea to land and from underground to outer space.
489. In the past there were 300 specialities in the armed forces.
490. But now this number has been increased to over 3000.
Words and Expressions单词和短语
formidable a. 艰巨的
impute vt. 归于，归因于
stronghold n. 堡垒；据点
occupation n. 占领
cooperation n. 合作，协力
Vietnam n. 越南
rethink vt. 再想，重新思考
strategically ad. 在战略上
tactically ad. 战术上
speciality n. 专业
evaluate vt. 评价，估计