826. On April 4, 1992, the spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announced that at the request of the United Nations and approved by the Chinese State Council and the Central Military Commission an engineering brigade of the PLA would send 800 engineering troops to help rebuild Cambodia.
827． On January 25, 2003, vice director of the Peace-keeping Affairs Office of the Chinese Ministry of National Defense said in Beijing Chinese blue berets were ready for their United Nations peace-keeping mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo (D.R. Congo).
828. 75 defense attaches from 57 countries visited the engineering brigade of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) preparing for the mission in the D.R. Congo.
829. The peace-keeping company of 175 officers and soldiers have finished their preparations, with all their engineering equipment made in China, and are waiting for the departure orders from the United Nations.
830. Another 43-strong military medical team will also leave for the D.R.Congo at the same time.
831．Since 1990, China has sent more than 1,450 officers and soldiers, including 640 military observers, liaison officials and consultants, for 10 UN peace- keeping missions.
832. At present, more than 50 Chinese military observers are working in six peace-keeping areas.
833. To fulfill this mission, China sent a working group to the UN headquarters to consult with the United Nations on the mission in early January 2003, and another working group has been sent to the Democratic Republic of Congo to investigate.
834. Every soldier needs to memorize one English word a day and one everyday sentence per week. Quite a few officers and soldiers can speak English fluently.
835. As a permanent member of the UN Security Council, China has become more involved in UN peace-keeping operations.