678. Sea fight has been the main task of a navy.
679. There were many sea battles known to all.
680. The Surprise Attack on Pearl Harbor was one of them.
681. This battle was launched on December 7,1941.
682. Japan dispatched 6 aircraft carriers with 353 aircrafts.
683. Additionally, there were 2 battleships, 3 cruisers, 11 destroyers and 3 submarines.
684. Behind the Japanese, there was chaos, 2,403 dead, 188 destroyed planes.
685. The U.S. Pacific Fleet was crippled with 8 damaged or destroyed battleships.
686. The Battle of Midway began on June 3, 1942.
687. Japan attempted to capture Midway, a U.S. naval base in the Pacific.
688. Japanese intended surprise attack was thwarted by the American communication intelligence.
689. The U.S. Pacific Fleet commander established an ambush, waiting for the Japanese.
690. So the Japanese lost all their heavy carriers and had to withdraw.
691. The Malvinas War in 1982 lasted 73days.
692. The war included sea fights, air battles and landings.
693. Both sides had some sophisticated weapons and equipment.
694. It can be considered as a modern triphibious warfare.
695. Now precision weapons will be the serious threat to large ships.
696. Naval strategy and tactics must be further studied.
Words and Expressions单词和短语
chaos n. 混乱
cripple vt. 损坏；使陷于瘫痪
thwarted vt. 挫败
ambush n. 埋伏；伏击
triphibious a. 陆海空协同作战的，立体战争的