662. There have been many examples in landing operations.
663. Facing the current situations, we must study the Invasion of Normandy.
664. At that time, the war in Europe was about to turn in the Allies' favor.
665. The British and American forces were just to carry out landings on Normandy.
666. The Germans tried all their efforts to find out when and where, but failed.
667. Actually, the whole D-Day operation was just round the corner.
668. Eleven Allied nations took part in the operation.
669.The total strength of the army, navy and air force was over 2.87 million.
670. The Americans were up to 1.53million.
671. Over 5,000 ships and 13,000 planes were put into the Battle.
672. On D-Day, the Germans only deployed fewer than 400 aircraft.
673. Before D-Day, the Allies conducted one-year extensive air and ground reconnaissance.
674. Through the air bombardment, they gained the control of air and sea.
675. But now the warring parties have the most advanced weapons and equipment.
676. It is required that all the services and arms work together.
677. We must have the superiority of information, network and long-range strike.
Words and Expressions单词和短语
D-Day n. 预定进攻发起日
follower n. 追随者；信徒
highlight vt. 使突出；强调