326. Our armed forces are called the Chinese People's Liberation Army.
327. August 1 of each year is the Army Day.
328. The PLA used to be called the Red Army at the very beginning.
329. And then it was known as the Eighth Route Army and the New Fourth Army.
330. The highest policy-making body of the PLA is the Military Commission of the P.R.C.
331. Immediately under it are the PLA General Departments:
332. The Headquarters of the General Staff, the General Political Department, the General Logistics Department and the General Armaments Department.
333. The PLA is composed of all the arms and services.
334. They are the Navy, the Air Force, and the Second Artillery Forces, etc.
335. The PLA has lots of military academies.
336. The University of National Defense is one of them.
337. They are group army, corps, division, brigade, regiment, battalion, company and platoon.
338. As for the ranks, we have General, Lieutenant General, and Major General.
339. The middle ranks include Senior Colonel, Colonel, Lieutenant Colonel, and Major.
340. The junior ranks are divided into Junior Lieutenant, Lieutenant, and Captain.
341. Soldiers are classified as Private, Specialist Sergeant and Master Sergeant.
342. If you want to be an officer, please go to college.
Words and Expressions单词和短语
establishment n. 编制
brigade n. 旅
regiment n. 团
colonel n. 上校
lieutenant n. 中尉