196. Counter-terrorism is a topical subject.
197. Every country should fight terrorists.
198. Our country is one of the countries suffering from terrorism.
199. Do you know the most terrorist event?
200. Yes. It happened in the United States.
201. It was the September 11th Attack in New York.
202. Four planes were hijacked by terrorists almost at the same time.
203. Two of them respectively attacked the towers of the World Trade Center.
204. The cameras recorded the terrible incidents.
205. The scenes replayed on the TV screens shocked the whole world.
206. Thousands of people died unnatural deaths.
207. Meanwhile, another airliner crashed into the Pentagon.
208. The Pentagon is another name for the Department of Defense.
209. It is reported that it'll take a year to repair it.
210. But the World Trade Center can never be mended.
211. Many officers and soldiers on leave received calls.
212. They all returned to their units at once.
213. Bin Laden immediately became the most famous person of the world.
214. Has he been dead or still alive?
215. No one knows except himself, I'm afraid.
Words and Expressions单词和短语
terrorist n. 恐怖分子
counterattack v.& n. 反击
hijack v. 劫持
Pentagon n. 五角大楼
camera n. 照相机