736. Serious students of the art of war have been studying the future wars.
737. Who are sure when and where a war will start?
738. Lessons must be learned from the past wars.
739. Commanders must be ready to go into battle.
740. That's because war-fighting is your professional career.
741. High ranking officers have their strategy and tactics.
742. Junior officers should know their fundamentals of training.
743. First of all, inculcate the army ethos and values.
744. You vow to offer up your lives for our country.
745. You are trained and shaped into warriors, not managers only.
746. Commanders are required to lead troops and have leadership.
747. Leaders are expected to have the will and ability to defeat an enemy.
748. In routine training you learn to make difficult decisions in complex combat situations.
749. Officers must be held accountable for developing quality soldiers.
750. Officer training must focus on warfighting and leadership and command in combat.
751. Leadership training must focus on aquiring skills at leading combined arms combat.
752. Officers must understand what binds soldiers together in danger and in complex situations.
753. Superiors assess your command results, not your command processes and procedures.
754. The focus must be on results and on meeting the superior commander's intent.
755. The future war has set a higher demand for commanders.
Words and Expressions单词和短语
vow vt. 立誓要做
inculcate vt. 反复灌输
ethos n. 精神特质
shape vt. 塑造
bind vt. 凝聚
process n. 过程
procedure n. 程序
intent n. 意图