216. Many countries have set up special forces to carry out special tasks.
217. They can meet the needs of modern warfare, unconventional warfare，and local warfare
218. Special forces refer to a specially trained group of forces with outstanding skills.
219. Special forces play an important role in both wartime and peacetime.
220. What are the special tasks for the special forces?
221. They can penetrate into the enemy's rear area to gather information.
222. They are able to disturb the enemy's battle plan.
223. They can also capture or destroy the enemy's important objectives with sudden attacks.
224. I know that the special forces can rescue hostages and POWs, too.
225. There have been too many famous battles.
226. Fighting terrorist activities also becomes one of the missions for the special forces.
227. What qualities and skills should the soldiers have for the special forces?
228. They must be extremely strong and have the best psychological qualities.
229. They must be well-trained in individual tactics and combat skills.
230. Must they learn fist-fighting?
231. Driving, swimming, climbing, parachuting and camouflage are the essential skills for them.
232. They must learn to survive in the field, too.
233. They must learn to operate any kind of weapons, even the cold ones.
234. The soldiers are required to have great willpower to accomplish their tasks.
235. In the information age, they must be well-informed.
236. They must communicate rapidly in any case.
237. Most special forces are equipped with sophisticated weapons.
238. They have helicopters, GPS, night-vision units, communication retransmitters and so on.
239. The officers are expected to speak English fluently.
240. The soldiers had better understand English, too.
Words and Expressions单词和短语
capture v. 夺取
camouflage n. 伪装，迷彩
disturb v. 扰乱
extremely ad. 极其
hostage n. 人质
objective n. 目标
outstanding a. 特别的，突出的
parachute n.&v. 降落伞；跳伞
psychological a. 心理的
quality n. 素质，质量
rear n. 后方