从A、 B、 C、 D四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处 最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑．
1. —— will you be able to finish the job this week?
----- ___________ , but I'm not skilled enough, you know.
A.I can't say so B.I expect so C. I'm sure so D. I don't know so
2. We arrived at the station _______ late, or we the bus.
A. too much; would catch B. a little too; had caught
C. much too; would have caught D. too much; would have caught
3. Is it the watch you want ________?
A. to have it repaired B. to repair it
C. to have repaired D. to have repaired it
4. The two thieves fled the town separately, _______ a bag.
A. each carrying B. whose that watch is C. whose watch is that D. whose watch is
5. The little boy can't tell ________.
A. whose is that watch B. whose that watch is
C. whose watch is that D. whose watch is
6. If a baby bird stays _______ for two or three weeks after leaving the nest, it has a fair chance of becoming an adult.
A. living B. lively C. alive D. live
7. We will not attack ______ we are attacked; if attacked,we will certainly counter-attack.
A. if B. when C. unless D. even if
8. You can take ______ seat you like.
A. no matter what B. no matter which C. what D. whichever
9. I ______ to speak to you all these days.
A. wanted B. have wanted C. shall want D. shall be wanting
10.A burning cigarette he threw into the wastepaper basket ______ fire to the hotel.
A. made B. set C. caused D. caught
11."Do you hear someone knocking at the door?"
"Yes, I did. I heard him ______ three times."
A. knocking B. knocked C. being knocking D. knock
12.Peter, John and Tom each ______.
A. say they came first B. says they came first C. says he came first D. say came first
13.Through long power lines electricity goes ______.
A. to the place needed B. there it is needed C. where it is needed D. which it is needed
14. ______ from the apple tree.
A. It down fell B. there it is needed C. Down fell it D. Fell it down
15.The service in this restaurant is very poor; there are not enough waiters to wait ______ customers.
A. on B. for C. with D. to
阅读下面短文，从短文后所给各题 四个选项（A、 B、 C、 D中选出能填入相应空白处 最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑．
Linda was a few minutes late. Wilson 16 the office when she got there. His secretary told her he 17 back in a few minutes. She 18 sit down and wait for a few minutes in outer office.
"I'll never get this job," she 19 herself. For a moment she wanted to 20 the building. Just then, Wilson came 21 the door and hurried into his office. A few minutes 22 his secretary took Linda in and introduced her,
Linda apologized 23 . Wilson didn't seem to 24 .They chatted casually (随便地) for a few seconds and then 25 . He 26 her letter of application.
"You've never worked in radio or television before, 27 ? "he said. Now she was 28 that she would not get the job. Wilson asked her 29 questions.
30 he seemed impressed with her other qualifications(资格).She was 31 when he asked her if she could start soon. "I wonder if you'd mind 32 next month?" he asked 33 .
34 seemed she had got the job 35 .
16. A. had left B. has left C. was left D. would be leaving
17. A. had been B. came C. was D. would be
18. A. should B. had to C. would D. was able to
19. A. told B. spoke C. said D. talked
20. A. run out B run of C. run out of D. run away
21. A. through B. across C. cross D. along
22. A. latest B. last C. late D. later
23. A. to being late B. for being late C. to be late D. for the late
24. A. mind B. listen C. notice D. hear
25. A. took down with business B. came down to business C. settled down with business D. got down to business
26. filled out B. took out C. sent out D. threw away
27. A. haven't you B. do you C. have you D. don't you
28. A. even more sure B. much sure C. even sure of D. sure of
29. A. a few such B. a few more C. much a few D. more a few
30. A. As her surprise B. To her surprised C. For her surprised D. To her surprise
31. A. even more surprise B. even much surprise C. even more surprised D. even much surprised
32. A. starting B. to start C. start D. started
33. A. by a smile B. with a smile C. by smile D. with smile
34. A. It B. This C. That D. He
35. A. not at all B. after all C. all D. after that
阅读下列短文,从每题所给 四个选项（A、 B、 C和D）中,选出最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
In the traditional(传统 )marriage, the man worked at a job to earn money for the family , Most men worked in an office , a factory, or some other place away from the home .Since the man earned the money , the paid the bills(帐).The money was used for food , clothes , the house , and other family needs , The man made most of the decisions , He was the boss,
In the traditional marriage, the woman seldom worked away from the house. she stayed at home to care for the children and her husband, She cooked meals, cleaned the house , washed the clothes , and did other housework , Her job at home was very important.
In recent years , many couples(夫妇)continue to have a traditional relationship of the kind . The man has a job and earns the money for the family . The woman stays at home and cares for the children and the house .Many Americans are happy with the kind of marriage .But some other Americans have a different impression of marriage and family responsibilities(责任）.
There are two important differences in male(男性)and female (女性）roles(角色)now. One is that both men and women have many more choices .They may choose to marry or to stay single .They may choose to work or stay at home .Both men and women may choose roles that are comfortable for them.
A second difference in male and female roles is that within marriage many decisions and responsibilities are shared .The husband and wife may choose to have children, or they may not .If they have children, the man take care of them some of the time , all of the time or not at all .The woman may want to stay at home and take care of the children .Or she may want to go to work .Men and women now decide these things together in a marriage , Many married people now share these decisions and the responsibilities of their families.
36. Which of the following is NOT true in the traditional marriage ?
A. Men worked at a job to earn money for the family .
B. The women made most of decisions.
C. The woman stayed at home to care the children.
D. The man paid the bills.
37. In recent years ________.
A. young couples (拒绝)the traditional relationship.
B. the woman has a job and earns the money for the family .
C. the woman doesn't stay at home and care for the children and the house.
D. the role of men and women has begun to change .
38. Men and women may now choose all the following except to _______.
A. marry or to stay single . B. work or stay at home .
C. leave their jobs just because they have children
D. have their roles that are comfortable for them
39. The following are all now true except __________.
A. they may choose to have children or not
B. the man may tack care of the children some of the time.
C. the woman is the most important person in the house
D. the woman may want to go to work
40. Which of the following is not true?
A. Everyone tries to get married.
B. The man was the boss in the traditional marriage.
C. The woman's job at home was very important in the past.
D. Many Americans still have a traditional marriage.
In reading science, a heading （标题）often gives a clue （线索）to a problem that is going to be discussed .Getting the problem clearly in your mind is the first step to take in studying such material. You are advised to do this in reading science articles.
1. Read the title and think about it .
2. Read all of the headings .You should get a clear idea of what the problems are without reading anything but the headings.
3. Next , read the article all the way through carefully. Each time you come to a heading that names a problem, read the paragraphs under that heading to find out : 1. more information about the problem; 2.how the problem may be met .
41. This passage offers advice on _______.
A. how to read titles and headings B. how to find headings in an article
C. what problems to be discussed in science article
D. how to read science material
42. It is advisable for you ________.
A. to read the heading which you think is the title
B. to read the heading that names a problem
C. to read one heading and the paragraph under it each time
D. to read the headings only
43. Read the whole article after ________.
A. you have got all the information about the problem
B. you understand the title C. you have read one paragraph after another
D. you are clear about what to be discussed
44. You read the whole article carefully _________.
A. to get all the headings B. to see how the problem is discussed
C. to name problems D. to think about the title
Unemployment(失业)rose from 7.5&in June, 1996to 7.8% in July, 1996, the highest rate since January of that year , the Labor Department reported. The main reason was a large increase ——nearly 700, 000 in the labor force , with a record 61.9% of the population over sixteen years of age working or actively looking for work.
That growth was caused mainly by an increase in the number of women in the labor force , an increase partly because of a continuation of long ——term and economic trends(经济趋势)and partly a reflection of pressure on families to increase their incomes.
45. According to the announcement, which of the following statements is correct?
A. Unemployment in July was higher than it had been since January.
B. Unemployment rose at a steady rate form January to July.
C. Unemployment rose by about 7% from June to July.
D. Unemployment rose about 7% the first time in July.
46. Why did unemployment increase during the period discussed in the passage?
A. There are fewer jobs in summer. B. Many companies had dismissed workers.
C. The labor force had grown. D. Records have become more accurate(准确)
47. which of the following is said to be the main reason why more people are looking for work?
A. Young people start working younger.
B. Recent graduates have entered the labor market.
C. More people must have tow jobs to support their families.
D. More women have entered the job market.
48. It can be inferred that the labor force described in the passage is made up of __________
A. persons whose jobs are not professional(专业 )
B. persons who work at both permanent (永久)and full-time jobs
C. those over 16 years of age who are looking for work
D. about 60% of the country's population
I found myself facing a dry-cleaning store which had once been one of the best restaurants in New York. On Sundays the old man would take my mother and me for dinner. There had been a balcony(走廊)where a baker (面包师)in a tall white hat baked fresh bread , and been whenever a customer entered, the baker would look down and put in a fresh batch(一炉).I could see the manager who always sat down with us while we ate .He had some disease , I suppose, because the right side of his face was swollen (肿 )out like a balloon , but he always wore a hard wing collar and a white tie , and never seemed sick .A Negro with a moustache was looking through the store window at me .For a moment I was anxious to go and tell him what I remembered. I did not go into the store , nor even toward our house , I went down town instead and sat in my room , trying to read.
49. Why did the writer stop in front of the store?
A. He wanted to take some clothes to be cleaned.
B. He was thinking about his boyhood.
C. He was looking for a good place to eat.
D. He wanted to buy some fresh bread.
50. In America "old man" probably means _______.
A. uncle B. grandfather C. father D. friend
51. What did the writer do when he walked away from the dry-cleaning store?
A. He stopped thinking about his childhood.
B. He went to the field where the children were playing.
C. He went into the restaurant . D. He returned to the room where he was staying.
Hotlines have become common in China. Some radio broadcasting stations use hotlines to encourage the listeners to take part in the talk shows.
That's a good idea. Yet, the fact is, some people do nothing but break the whole programme.
Some people know little about the topic under discussion. Sometimes they do not even know what the host(主持人)is talking about. So the host has to tell the caller what the show is about .Usually the caller will ask a few questions which express his hope and show his ignorance(无知).Then the host has to answer and explain-how silly this is !It wastes a lot of time .
It seems that some people phone the hotlines in fun. They just want to let the listeners hear them. They don't care what the topic is , whether they themselves are interested in or how silly they appear to be.
I'm totally bored(厌烦)by those people . It's necessary for radio stations to improve the hotline programmes. In my opinion, if a caller doesn't know what is going on, the operator should not let the caller take part in it.
52. The sentence, "Some people do nothing but break the whole programme." may tell us that ______.
A. radio stations use hotlines in a wrong way B. it is a fact
C. it is a good idea D. some people have unclear thoughts
53. The host has to answer and explain, ____ .
A. for the host works hard B. because of the caller's ignorance
C. for the host likes talking to the caller D. because of a lot of questions raised by the caller
54. The passage doesn't tell us the idea ________ .
A. that some listeners phone the hotlines in fun
B. that some people just want to be heard by others
C. that some people who don't care what the topic is must have realized that they appear to be silly
D. what the hotline programmes are
55. Which of the following is not true?
A. Some people know little about the topic under discussion.
B. Some people do not know what the host is talking about
C. Some people do not know what the show is about
D. The writer tells us that the host is silly.
此题要求改正所给短文中 错误。对标有题号 每一行作出判断:如无错误,在该行右边横线上画一个勾(√); 如有错误(每行只有一个错误), 则按下列情况改正:
多一个词: 把多余 词用斜线（\）划掉, 在该行右边横线上写出该词,并也用斜线划掉。
缺一个词: 在缺词处加一个漏字符号(∧),在该行右边横线上写出该加 词。
错一个词: 在错 词下划一横线,在该行右边横线上写出改正后词。
注意: 原行没有错 不要改。
Every morning John goes to work by trains. He 56.___________
always buys a newspaper, it helps to make the time 57.___________
pass more quickly.
One Thursday morning, he turned on the sports 58.____________
page. He wanted to see the report about an important 59.____________
football match the night before, The report was such 60.____________
interesting that he forgot to get off at his station. He
didn't know it when he saw the sea. He got off at the 61.____________
next station , and had to wait long time for a train to 62.____________
go back . Of course, he arrived very late at the office. 63.___________
His boss were very angry when Tom told him why he was late . 64.___________
"Work is very more important than football!" he shouted. 65.___________
注意:1.短文须包括所有图画 内容, 可以适当增加细节, 使文意连贯.
Keys: 1-10 BCCAB CCDBB 11-20 DACBA ADBAC
21-30 ADBAD BCABD 31-40 CABAB BDCCA
41-50 DBACA CDABC 51-55 DBBCD
56. trains → train 57. it → which 58. on → to 59. see → read 60. such → so
61. when → until 62. wait → wait a 63. 正确 64. were → was
65. very → much / 去掉very
Ping Ping is a film fan. He is interested in films very much.
One Sunday afternoon, a new film "True Lies" would be shown. Ping Ping wanted to see it very much. It was four thirty and he ate his supper as quickly as he could. after supper he put on his cap and hurried downstairs. He ran all the way and did not know his cap fell on the ground. when he got to the cinema, it was already five o'clock. He bought a ticket in a hurry and rushed in. He found his seat and sat down. When he looked up, he found that the film had not arrived yet.
How disappointed he was!
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：写作（11月22日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月21日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月20日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月19日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月18日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月17日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月16日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月15日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：阅读（11月14日）
- · 全国英语等级考试(PETS)三级每日一练：写作（11月13日）