1) After the Arab states won independence, great emphasis was laid on expanding education, with girls as well boys____ to go to school.
A) to be encouraged B) been encouraged
C) being encouraged D) be encouraged
2) ____,a man who expresses himself effectively is sure to succeed more rapidly than a man whose command of language is poor.
A) Other things being equal
B) Were other things equal
C) To be equal to other things
D) Other things to be equal
3) All things ____, the planned trip will have to be called off.
A) considered B) be considered
C) considering D)shavingsconsidered
4) The house was very quiet, ____as it was on the side of a mountain.
A) isolated B) isolating
C) being isolated D)shavingsbeen isolated
5) This crop has similar qualities to the previous one, ____both wind-resistant and adapted to the same type of soil.
A) being B) been
C) to be D)shavingsbeen
6) Corn originated in the New World and thus was not known in Europe until Columbus found it ____ in Cuba.
A) being cultivated B) been cultivated
C)shavingscultivated D) cultivating
7) ____in this way, the situation doesn't seem so disappointing.
A) To look B) Looking at
C) Looked at D) To be looked at
8) You will see this product ____ wherever you go.
A) to be advertised B) advertised
C) advertise D) advertising
9) ____in a recent science competition, the three students were awarded scholarship totaling 21,000 dollars.
A) To be judged the best
B)shavingsjudged the best
C) Judged the best
D) Judging the best
10) From the dates ____ on the plates, we decided that they were made in Song Dynasty.
A) marking B)shavingsbeen marked
C) marked D) to be marked
11) She stood by the window, ____.
A) thinking B) think C) thought D) thinks
12) ____ to meet anybody, he went in from the back door.
A) Not wishing B) Wishing
C) Not wished D) No wishing
13) The editorial ____ now will appear in tomorrow's newspaper.
A) writing B) to write
C) being written D) write
14) It ____ now pretty late, we took our things and retired to our room.
A) is B) being C) turned D) got
15) ____ with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain does not seem high at all.
A) When compared B) While comparing
C) Compare D) Comparing
16) The old man came upstairs with great strength, his right hand ____ a stick for support.
A) held B) holding
C) being holding D) was holding
17) ____ three times in a row, the boxer decide to give up fighting.
A)shavingsdefeated B) To have defeate
C)shavingsbeen defeated D) To have been defeated
18) ____neglecting our education, my father sent me to school.
A) Accused of B) Accusing of
C) To be accused of D) That he was accused of
19) ____ mainly for the invention of the telephone, Alexander Graham Bell devoted his life to helping the deaf.
A) He is remembered B) While being remembered
C) To be remembered D) Though remembered
20) ____ that they are fresh from university, the young people have done a good job.
A) Given B) Because C) Giving D) As
21) ____ on a clear day, far from the city crowds, the mountains give him a sense of infinite peace.
A) If walking B) While walking
C) Walking D) When one is walking
22) I understood you were third-year students ____ in English.
A) who majors B) who major is
C) have majored D) majoring
23) A cool rain was falling, ____ with snow.
A) mixed B) mixing
C) to mix D)shavingsmixed
24) ____ by the police, the kidnappers had no choice but to surrender.
A) Surrounded B) Surrounding
C)shavingssurrounded D) To be surrounded
25) ____ equal educational opportunities, American Indians in the reservations remained backward and illiterate for a long time.
A) Deprived off B) Depriving off
C) Deprived of D) Depriving of
26) All the exam papers ____, the teacher sent the class home.
A)shavingsbeen handed in
C) handing in
D) being handed in
27) ____ in 1636, Harvard is one of the most famous universities in the United States.
A) Founding B) It was founded
C) Being founded D) Founded
28) There ____ no fresh drinking water and no good farm land, it was not a comfortable place in which to live.
A) be B) was C) were D) being
29) ____ in Beijing for quite a few years, Mr. Park had little difficulty understanding Chinese.
A)shavingslived B) Lived
C) Living D) To live
30) Any packet ____ properly will not be accepted by the post office.
A) not to be wrapped B) not being wrapped
C) not wrapped D) notshavingsbeen wrapped
31) The lab ____ next year will be more advanced than the old one.
A) built B) to be built
C) being built D) to build
32) Anna was reading a piece of science fiction, completely ____ to the outside world.
A) being lost B) losing
C)shavingslost D) lost
33) He was sitting in the chair, ____ a book.
A) read B) was reading
C) reading D) with reading
34) Such ____ the case, there were no grounds to justify your complaints.
A) is B) was C) be D) being
35) Peter is a good student, ____ his best subject.
A) as English B) English as
C) being English D) English being
1)C 2)A 3)A 4)A 5)A
6)A 7)C 8)B 9)C 10)C
11)A 12)A 13)C 14)B 15)A
16)B 17)C 18)A 19)D 20)A
21)D 22)D 23)A 24)A 25)C
26)A 27)D 28)D 29)A 30)C
31)B 32)D 33)C 34)D 35)D
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月13日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月12日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月11日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月10日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月09日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：翻译（2016年11月08日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：写作（2016年11月07日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：写作（2016年11月06日）
- · 大学英语四级考试每日一练：写作（2016年11月05日）
- · 2016年6月大学英语四级考试真题答案完整版（共三套）