全国年节及纪念日放假办法 Measures on Having a holiday for National Annual Leaves and Memorial Days
(Promulgated by Decree No. 270 of the State Council of the People's Republic of China on September 18, 1999)
颁布日期：19990918 实施日期：19990918 颁布单位：国务院
Article 1 These Measures are formulated to integrate the vacation of national annual leaves and memorial days.
Article 2 The festivals having a holiday for all citizens:
(1) Having a one-day holiday on New Year (January 1)
(2) Having a three-day holiday on Spring Festival ( The lunar New Year's Day, second day of the lunar month and third day of the lunar month)
(3) Having a three-day holiday on May Day ( May 1, 2, 3)
(4) Having a three -day holiday for National Day (October 1, 2, 3)
Article 3 The festivals and memorial days having a holiday for part of citizens:
(1) Women have a half-day holiday on Women's Festival (March 8);
(2) Youth Festival (May 4). The youth above 14 years old has a half-day holiday;
(3) Children's Day (Jun 1). The juvenile under 13 years old has a oneday holiday.
(4) The Memorial Day of founding of the People's Liberation Army (August 1), Military personnel in active service has a half-day holiday.
Article 4 The holiday date to the holiday of habit of minority shall be stipulated by the local governments at the compact areas of several ethnic minority living in based on the habits of several minority.
Article 5 Without vocation for the following memorial days and holidays such as February 7, 1923 Memorial Day, the May 30th Memorial Day, July 7 War of Resistance Against Aggression Memorial Day, the Victory of War of Resistance Against Aggression Memorial Day, September 18 Memorial Day, Teacher's Festival, Nurse's Festival, Journalist's Festival, Tree Planting Festival and other festivals and memorial days.
Article 6 Where the vacations having a holiday for all citizens happen to be on Saturday or Sunday, they shall have additional holiday with working days ; where the vacations having a holiday for part citizens happen to be on Saturday and Sunday, they shall not have additional holiday.
Article 7 These Measures shall enter into force as of the date of