国务院办公厅关于转发国务院法制局《关于国际通行船舶上的中国籍员工健康证明书有关问题的处理意见》的通知 CIRCULAR OF THE GENERAL OFFICE OF THE STATE COUNCIL CONCERNING THE APPROVAL AND TRANSMISSION OF PROPOSALS SUBMITTED BY THE BUREAU OF LEGISLATIVE AFFAIRS OF THE STATE COUNCIL ON MATTERS RELATING TO HEALTH CERTIFICATES OF CHINESE CREW MEMBERS ON BOARD SHIPS CONDUCTING INTERNATIONAL VOYAGES
（August 30， 1992）
颁布日期：19920830 实施日期：19920830 颁布单位：国务院办公厅
The State Council has approved the Proposals on Matters Relating to Health Certificates of Chinese Crew Members on Board Ships Conducting International Voyages， submitted by the Bureau of Legislative Affairs of the State Council， and hereby transmits them to you for implementation.
APPENDIX： PROPOSALS ON MATTERS RELATING TO HEALTH CERTIFICATES OF CHINESE CREW MEMBERS ONBOARD SHIPS CONDUCTING INTERNATIONAL VOYAGES
Through repeated consultation with the Ministries of Public Health and Communications， and with the consent of the two ministries， our Bureau has made the following proposals on matters relating to health certificates of Chinese crewmembers on board ships conducting international voyages：
1. Chinese crew members on board ships conducting international voyages shall hold their health certificates and show them to the frontier health and quarantine offices for examination when they leave the country.
The above-mentioned “health certificate” shall， under the supervision of the administrative department of public health under the State Council， be printed by the administrative department of communications under the State Council.
2. Based on the incorporation of proposals from the administrative department of communications， the items and form of a health certificate shall be determined and published by the administrative department of public health under the State Council. Other items of health check-ups for seaworthiness shall be determined by the administrative department of communications under the State Council.
3. Health certificates shall be required for Chinese crew members working on board ships which leave or enter international ports or boundary river ports of our country.
In cases where they leave the country by other means of transport to meet a ship， or are sent to work on board a foreign ship， the above-mentioned persons may， on the strength of the certifications issued by the sending units and their seamen's papers， also use the same health certificates to be examined by the frontier health and quarantine offices.
4. Chinese crew members on board ships conducting international voyages， except those who engage in the supply of food and drinking water， shall hold their health certificates to undergo health check-ups in the health and quarantine offices， or in hospitals at or above the county level， or in other medical and health institutions qualified for health check-ups and designated or having already been designated by the administrative department of public health under the State Council. For those who pass the health check-ups， the check-up units shall fill in the health certificates with check-up results and affix their official seals or special seals for health check-ups thereto. Such health certificates shall become effective immediately upon sealing.
With regard to the health check-ups and visas for crew members of local fleets， the ships' companies may reach an agreement with the local health and quarantine offices through consultation.
5. Health certificates of crew members who engage in the supply of food and drinking water on ships conducting international voyages shall be issued by the health and quarantine offices. For those who undergo health check-ups in the health and quarantine offices， their health certificates shall be directly issued by the health and quarantine offices. Those who undergo health check-ups in other health check-up units mentioned in the preceding article shall bring their laboratory test reports （regarding liver function tests and faeces sample culture） and chest fluoroscopy reports to the health and quarantine offices for verification. After the health and quarantine offices verify health check-up results in such reports according to the items listed in the health certificates （not including the items of health check-up for seaworthiness） and issue the health certificates to them， the health certificates shall become effective.
Under special circumstances， carriers may one day ahead of time apply for the issuance of health certificates， and the health and quarantine offices may issue health certificates by boarding ships before joint inspections.
The health and quarantine offices shall promptly issue health certificates which have been verified up to standard.
6. The term of validity for a health certificate shall be five years. The term of validity for a health check-up shall be 12 months.
7. If anyone falls under any of the following categories， the health and quarantine offices may declare a health check-up null and void or refuse to issue a health certificate.
（1） failing to undergo a health check-up according to the items listed in the health certificate （not including the items for seaworthiness）；
（2） forging a health certificate， or forging or altering health check-up results；
（3） having an expired health certificate or health check-up results；
（4） undergoing a health check-up in a disqualified unit； or
（5） having a health certificate with its form and items printed not in accordance with the provisions of the administrative department of public health under the State Council.
The health and quarantine offices shall have the power to confiscate health certificates mentioned in Items （2）， （3）， （4）and （5） and to handle the cases according to the relevant provisions of laws and regulations.
If the aforesaid matters cannot be found inappropriate， we propose that the General Office of the State Council， with the approval of the State Council， transmit them to the Ministries of Public Health and Communications for implementation.