广东省经济开发试验区管理暂行规定 Guangdong Province, Administration of the Experimental Economic Development Zones Tentative Provisions
（Promulgated on 21 November 1996 and effective as of 1 December 1996.）
颁布日期：19961121 实施日期：19961201 颁布单位：广东省人民政府
PART ONE GENERAL PROVISIONS
Article 1 These Provisions are formulated to promote healthy， sustained development in the experimental economic development zones of Guangdong province in accordance with the provisions of relevant State laws and regulations.
Article 2 The experimental economic development zones （hereafter， experimental zones） are， following approval by the provincial people's government， economic zones established in a number of cities and counties （including county-level cities and districts）。 The experimental zones shall， under the leadership of city and county people's governments， serve local economic development and the open-door reform experiment.
Article 3 An experimental zone must possess the following criteria before it may be established：
1. Good development prospects， comparatively superior locations， natural resources and human resources etc.；
2. Planning and design drawings and proven feasibility reports， and
3. Legal land use plans. The planned area shall not exceed 10 square kilometres of which the area of arable land must strictly be kept to within 10% of the planned area；
Article 4 The provincial government department in charge of special economic zones shall be the department in charge of the experimental zones， and shall carry out the co-ordination and administration work for experimental zones in the whole province.
Article 5 The experimental zones shall establish management committees （hereafter， committees）， under the jurisdiction of city and county agencies which shall represent the city and county people's governments in the exercise of limits of authority in the administration of cities and counties at the same level and shall carry out unified leadership of experimental zones.
Article 6 Each experimental zone according to its respective industrial development direction， location advantages and special characteristics， shall create a good environment for the market economy in accordance with the demands of the socialist market economic system and promote healthy， sustained and comprehensive economic development for the whole economy.
Article 7 The legal rights and interests of investors within the experimental zones shall receive the protection of the provisions of State laws and regulations and these Provisions.
All work units and individuals within the experimental zones must respect the provisions of State laws and regulations and these Provisions and shall not harm State， societal and public interests.
PART TWO POWERS OF COMMITTEES
Article 8 The committees in experimental zones shall have exercise of the following powers：
1. To formulate and promulgate， in accordance with the law， administrative provisions for the administration of experimental zones；
2. To formulate economic and social development plans for experimental zones， and to organize their implementation；
3. To organize the drafting， in accordance with the law， of overall construction plans， zone sub-division plans and detailed plans for experimental zones；
4. To examine and approve investor investment projects in experimental zones， in accordance with and within their powers of administration；
5. To examine， approve and manage import and export plans and obligations in experimental zones in accordance with and within their powers of authority；
6. To be responsible for unified planning， requisitions and development of land in experimental zones； to handle transfers， issue certificates and administer specific work relating to land use rights； to be responsible for reporting， proposing， examination and verification， inviting and submitting of tenders， issuing certificates， and supervising works of capital construction projects and registration of real estate， issuing certificates， trade and other items of administration work within experimental zones. The committees shall be responsible for the planning and arrangements for revenue from land sales， except that part handed over to the higher authorities in accordance with State regulations；
7. To be responsible for items of administration work such as enforcing environmental protection laws and receiving fees within experimental zones；
8. To comprehensively plan and administer finance， tax collection and industrial and commercial affairs in experimental zones in accordance with the law；
9. To manage the water supply， electricity supply， gas supply， communications， culture， education and other public services and facilities with the experimental zones；
10. To decide on the allocation， administration， welfare treatment， appointments， dismissals， rewards and punishments of administrative personnel and personnel of institutions work units within the experimental zones， in accordance with the relevant provisions；
11. To lead the administration of public security work and registered permanent residence within the experimental zones， and to implement administration in accordance with actual registered permanent residence within experimental zones； and
12. Other official powers that committees may exercise.
Article 9 Based on the principles of simplifying administration and high efficiency， the committees of experimental zones may， in accordance with demand and with the approval of the city or county people's government， establish necessary functional organizations.
PART THREE INVESTMENT AND OPERATIONS
Article 10 Domestic and foreign companies， enterprises and other economic organizations or individuals are encouraged to invest in， set up and operate the following industries or businesses within experimental zones according to the direction of industrial development：
1. Technologically advanced enterprises；
2. Outward production enterprises；
3. Foreign exchange earning export enterprises；
4. Energy resources， communications， telecommunications and environmental protection etc. projects；
5. Information， real estate development， commerce， tourism and service industries； and
6. Approved financial businesses.
Article 11 Investments in experimental zones may adopt the following operational methods：
1. Sino-foreign joint-venture operations；
2. Sino-foreign co-operative business operations；
3. Wholly foreign-owned operations；
4. Operations run by domestic enterprises， work units or individual or joint investment domestic operations；
5. Outward-bound processing and assembly plants and compensation trade；
6. Leasing or operation by assignment of experimental zone enterprises；
7. Shares-based enterprises， and
8. Other methods permitted under PRC law.
Article 12 Domestic and foreign enterprises， scientific research organizations， institutions of higher learning， engineering and technical personnel and other individuals in experimental zones are encouraged to carry out every method of technical co-operation， or to establish joint scientific， industrial and trade bodies in experimental zones.
PART FOUR LAND DEVELOPMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
Article 13 Land development and construction of basic facilities and public facilities in experimental zones shall adopt the following methods：
1. Construction by experimental zones or joint construction with local relevant departments；
2. Construction by investors with the experimental zone and enterprises affiliated to the experimental zone in joint-ventures or co-operative ventures； and
3. Development in complete sections by investors.
Article 14 The sale of land use rights for land requisitioned by committees of the experimental zones shall be by compensation except where State laws and regulations stipulate otherwise.
The sale of land use rights by experimental zones shall be examined and approved by public meetings of the committees. No individual may approve the sale of experimental zones land use rights without authorization.
Article 15 The committees shall be the sellers of land use rights in experimental zones. Land use rights assignees， assignors as well as as signees of transfers， may be foreign， Hong Kong， Macao and Taiwan and domestic companies， enterprises， and other economic organizations or individuals. Where provisions of State laws， rules and other regulations stipulate otherwise， such legislation shall apply.
Article 16 The committees shall approve the limit of the number of years for land use， based on actual requirements and in accordance with the relevant national regulations.
Article 17 Assignees who on being awarded land use rights land set up various types of enterprises or engage in various types of construction on the land， shall make a report and gain approval in accordance with regulated procedures. Construction projects which are in line with the experimental zones' industrial policies， may enjoy priority rights in land assignments.
Article 18 Assignees of land use rights shall transfer experimental zones land use rights in accordance with the provisions of the relevant laws， rules and regulations.
Article 19 Assignees of the sale or transfer of land use rights may， in accordance with procedures， use these assigned land use rights as security for a mortgage.
PART FIVE SUPPLEMENTARY PROVISIONS
Article 20 These Provisions shall be effective as of 1 December 1996.