关于实施专利权海关保护若干问题的规定 General Administration of Customs and China Patent Office, Certain Questions Concerning Implementation of Customs Protection of Patents Provisions
（Promulgated by the General Administration of Customs and the China Patent Office of on 11 march 1997.）
颁布日期：19970311 实施日期：19970311 颁布单位：海关总署、 中国专利局
The following provisions are formulated in order to effectively implement Customs protection of patents， safeguard the legal rights of patent holders and other interested parties and are in accordance with the PRC， Patent Law and the PRC， Customs Protection of Intellectual Property Rights Regulations （the 'Regulations'）：
1. Where patents previously registered with the General Administration of Customs are altered under any of the circumstances listed below， the patent holder shall， in accordance with the provisions of Article 11 of the Regulations and within 10 days of the alterations being implemented， present the certificate issued by the China Patent Office to the General Administration of Customs to register the alterations or cancellation procedures：
（1） Alteration to the name （title）， country of origin， address or invention-creation name of the patent holder；
（2） Revocation or rescission of the patent；
（3） Termination of the patent；
（4） Inheritance， transfer or donation of the patent；
（5） Changes to the circumstances under which the patent was authorized； or
（6） Other alterations as specified by the General Administration of Customs.
2. When the patent holder or representative thereof， in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Regulations， makes an application for the Customs at the point of entry/exit to take protective measures， the patent holder shall， on the request of the latter， submit for examination valid documentation issued in accordance with the registry records of patent at the China Patent Office， [either] by the patent administration organizations at the site of the [entry / exit] customs or the patent holder， or from the department appointed by the China Patent Office in accordance with the Patents Office of the PRC department for the registration of patents.
3. In accordance with the provisions of the Regulations， where the patent holder or other interested party submits an infringement dispute to a patent administration organization to handle， it shall submit an application to the patent administration organization which has jurisdiction over the site of the Customs at the point of entry/exit undertaking protective measures.
In handling such infringement disputes as mentioned above， the patent administration organization shall refer to the Patent Administration Organizations' Handling of Patent Disputes Law formulated by the China Patent Office.
4. In accordance with the provisions in Articles 22 and 23 of the Regulations， the patent administration organization shall carry out an inspection of the goods suspected of patent infringement and detained by Customs and shall make a written decision confirming or eliminating the suspicion of infringement. On the basis of the decision of the patent administration organization， Customs at the point of entry/exit may decide to release or confiscate the goods.
5. During the process of handling an infringement dispute， the patent administration organization may request the full assistance of Customs.
6. In accordance with the provisions of Article 20 of the Regulations， Customs may， when carrying out an inspection of the goods suspected of involvement in patent violation， request assistance from the patent administration organization with jurisdiction over its site to carry out a technical assessment regarding the goods' infringement situation. Patent administration organizations shall give assistance [on request]. The technical assessment made shall be reported in a written technical assessment.
7. The patent administration organizations referred to in these provisions are those stated in the provisions of Article 76 of the PRC， Patent Law Implementing Rules as being “patent administration organizations established by the State Council's relevant department in charge or the local people's governments”。
8. These Provisions shall be jointly interpreted by the General Administration of Customs and the China Patent Office.
9. These Provisions shall be effective as of the date of promulgation.