1969年国际油污损害民事责任公约的1976年议定书 PROTOCOL OF 1976 TO THE INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION ON CIVIL LIABILI-TYFOR OIL POLLUTION DAMAGE， 1969
颁布日期：19761119 实施日期：19861228 颁布单位：伦敦
THE PARTIES TO THE PRESENT PROTOCOL，
BEING PARTIES to the International Convention on Civil Liability forOil Pollution Damage， done at Brussels on November 29， 1969，
HAVE AGREED as follows：
For the purpose of the present Protocol：
1. “Convention” means the International Convention on Civil Liabilityfor Oil Pollution Damage， 1969.
2. “Organization” has the same meaning as in the Convention.
3. “Secretary-General” means the Secretary-General of theOrganization.
Article V of the Convention is amended as follows：
（1） Paragraph 1 is replaced by the following text：
“The owner of a ship shall be entitled to limit his liability underthis Convention in respect of any one incident to an aggregate amount of133 units of account of each ton of the ship's tonnage. However， thisaggregate amount shall not in any event exceed 14 million units ofaccount.”
（2） Paragraph 9 is replaced by the following text：
9（a） the “unit of account” referred to in paragraph 1 of this Articleis the Special Drawing Right as defined by the International MonetaryFund. The amounts mentioned in paragraph 1 shall be converted into thenational currency of the State in which the fund is being constituted onthe basis of the value of that currency by reference to the SpecialDrawing Right on the date of the constitution of the fund. The value ofthe national currency， in terms of the Special Drawing Right， of aContracting State which is a member of the International Monetary Fund，shall be calculated in accordance with the method of valuation applied bythe International Monetary Fund in effect at the date in question for itsoperations and transaction. The value of the national currency， in termsof the Special Drawing Right， of a Contracting State which is not a memberof the International Monetary Fund， shall be calculated in a mannerdetermined by that State.
9（b） Nevertheless， a Contracting State which is not a member of theInternational Monetary Fund and whose law does not permit the applicationof the provisions of paragraph 9（a） of this Article may， at the time ofratification， acceptance， approval of or accession to the presentConvention， or at any time thereafter， declare that the limits ofliability provided for in paragraph 1 to be applied in its territoryshall， in respect of any one incident， be an aggregate of 2，000 monetaryunits for each ton of the ship's tonnage provided that this aggregateamount shall not in any event exceed 210 million monetary units. Themonetary unit referred to in this paragraph corresponds to sixty-five anda half milligrams of gold of millesimal fineness nine hundred. Theconversion of these amounts into the national currency shall be madeaccording to the law of the State concerned.
9（c） The calculation mentioned in the last sentence of paragraph 9（a）and the conversion mentioned in paragraph 9（b） shall be made in such amanner as to express in the national currency of the Contracting State asfar as possible the same real value for the amounts in paragraph 1 as isexpressed there in units of account. Contracting States shall communicateto the depositary the manner of calculation pursuant to paragraph 9（a）， orthe result of the conversion in paragraph 9（b） as the case may be， whendepositing an instrument referred to in Article IV and whenever there is achange in either.
1. The present Protocol shall be open for signature by any State whichhas signed the Convention or acceded thereto and by any State invited toattend the Conference to Revise the Unit of Account Provisions of theConvention on Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage， 1969， held inLondon from November 17 to 19， 1976. The Protocol shall be open forsignature from February 1， 1977 to December 31， 1977 at the Headquartersof the Organization.
2. Subject to paragraph 4 of this Article， the present Protocol shallbe subject to ratification， acceptance or approval by the States whichhave signed it.
3. Subject to paragraph 4 of this Article， this Protocol shall be openfor accession by States which did not sign it.
4. The present Protocol may be ratified， accepted， approved or accededto by States Parties to the Convention.
1. Ratification， acceptance， approval or accession shall be effectedby the deposit of a formal instrument to that effect with theSecretary-General.
2. Any instrument of ratification， acceptance， approval or accessiondeposited after the entry into force of an amendment to the presentProtocol with respect to all existing Parties or after the completion ofall measures required for the entry into force of the amendment withrespect to all existing Parties， shall be deemed to apply to the Protocolas modified by the amendment.
1. The present Protocol shall enter into force for the States whichhave ratified， accepted， approved or acceded to it on the ninetieth dayfollowing the date on which eight States including five States each withnot less than 1，000，000 gross tons of tanker tonnage have depositedinstruments of ratification， acceptance， approval or accession with theSecretary-General.
2. For each State which subsequently ratifies， accepts， approves oraccedes to it， the present Protocol shall enter into force on theninetieth day after the deposit by such State of the appropriateinstrument.
1. The present Protocol may be denounced by any Party at any timeafter the date on which the Protocol enters into force for that Party.
2. Denunciation shall be effected by the deposit of an instrument tothat effect with the Secretary-General.
3. Denunciation shall take effect one year， or such longer period asmay be specified in the instrument of denunciation， after its deposit withthe Secretary-General.
1. A Conference for the purpose of revising or amending the presentProtocol may be convened by the Organization.
2. The Organization shall convene a Conference of Parties to thepresent Protocol for the purpose of revising or amending it at the requestof not less than one-third of the Parties.
1. The present Protocol shall be deposited with the Secretary-General.
2. The Secretary-General shall：
（a） inform all States which have signed the present Protocol oracceded thereto of：
（i） each new signature or deposit of an instrument togetherwith the date thereof；
（ii） the date of entry into force of the present Protocol；
（iii） the deposit of any instrument of denunciation of thepresent Protocol together with the date on which the denunciation takeseffect；
（iv） any amendments to the present Protocol；
（b） transmit certified true copies of the present Protocol to allStates which have signed the present Protocol or acceded thereto
As soon as the present Protocol enters into force， a certified truecopy thereof shall be transmitted by the Secretary-General to theSecretariat of the United Nations for registration and publication inaccordance with Article 102 of the Charter of the United Nations.
The present Protocol is established in a single original in theEnglish and French languages， both texts being equally authentic.Official translations in the Russian and Spanish languages shall beprepared and deposited with the signed original.
DONE AT LONDON this nineteenth day of November one thousand ninehundred and seventy-six.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the undersigned being duly authorized for thatpurpose have signed the present Protocol.
The Conference to revise the unit of account provisions in the 1969International Convention on Civil Liability for Oil Pollution Damage，
Considering that a decline in the value of money may affect， to aserious extent， the amounts established in the Convention，
Recommends that the Participating Governments consider the problemwith a view to establishing a specific and efficient procedure for theexpeditious revision of such amounts in order to maintain their realvalue.