The most commonly used and simplest holiday greetings are， as you might expect：
1. Happy New Year！
2. Best wishes for a happy New Year.
3. May your New Year start out joyful！
4. Good fortune and success in the New Year！
5. May the season's joy stay with you all year round！
6. May joy and happiness surround you today and always！
7. Even though we're apart， you're in my heart this New Year's season.
8. Wishing you peace， joy and happiness throughout the coming year.
Then they get more complicated：
1. May the warmest of wishes， happiest of thoughts and friendliest of greetings come to you and stay with you throughout the year.
2. Wishing you a holiday season filled with joy， and all the happy things in life.
3. I was looking out the windows thinking about the person I care most about and the person that came to mind was you， so I want to wish you a Happy New Year.
4. Another year has come to an end. And it's nice to have a friend like you to make my every day so great. Thank you my dear friend.
5. When a greeting comes from afar you can't hear the wishes and can't see the smile， but you can sense the care that truly comes from the heart. Happy New Year.
6. Everyone says the earth is such a huge place. So， with those billions and billions of people and all， I believe it's a miracle that I got to know you！
7. If I were in heaven， I'd write your name on every star for all to see just how much you mean to me.
8. Remember that there is always someone thinking of you at New Year， whether you get the message or not.
9. A special smile， a special face. A special someone I can't replace. A special hug， from me to you. A special friendship， I've found in you…… Happy New Year， my dear friend.
In case you're using a mobile phone， there are short forms for certain words that can save time and put some cuteness in your message. For example， "Xmas" for "Christmas"， "R" for "are"， "U" for "you"， "NY" for "New Year"， "C" for "see" and "4" for "four".