42.The secretary the foreign minister an interview he was to give that afternoon.
A） reminded … of
43. The way other people behave towards us influences how we ourselves.
A） conceive of B） consist of C） confront with D） conform to
44. I suppose some people create an idea of who they want to be and， they it.
A） work …over B） bear…out C） live…out D） get over
45.With the economy of the country growing strong， the mood is one of optimism .
A） presiding B） circulating C） floating D） prevailing
46. These technological advances in communication have the way people do business.
A） revolted B） represented C） adopted D） transformed
47. The workers of the textile mill that trade union leaders be elected from the workshops .
A） urged B） related C） combated D） adapted
48. It is a of our company to give refunds if goods are faulty.
A） policy B） discipline C） decision D） determination
49. friends helped him to get appointed ambassador to France .
A） Efficient B） Influential C） Impressive D） Effective
50.Their ambitious schemes for making money quickly.
A） took a chance
B） came to nothing
C） went into action
D） got to the point
51.She knew who wrote the letter， so without opening it she tore it into pieces.
A） in excitement
B） in disappointment
C） in disgust
D） in expectation
52.He had always been the way Ruth looked， and had never once paid her a compliment .
A） oblivious to B） guilty of C） wary of D） subject to
53.Familarity with a wide range of idiomatic expressions， and the ability to use them appropriately， are among the distinguishing marks of a native like command of English.
A） in context B） in practice C） in place D） in case
54.We are still things here， but I can't guarantee the situation will stay that way.
A） in memory of
B） in search of
C） in control of
D） in need of
55.Democratic government is a phrase that is notoriously hard to.
A） credit B） defy C） modify D） define
56.Bill is rich. His house is full of such as expensive high-tech video systems and all the latest computer equipment.
A） luxuries B） festivities C） dimensions D） instruments
57.She is quite capable， but the problem is that she is not.
A） consistent B） insistent C） beneficent D） resistant
58.Based on the that every business is now free to formulate its own strategy in light of the changing market， I would predict a market improvement in the efficiency of China's economy.
A） guidance B） instruction C . premise D） eminence
59.Nurses should do all they can to make their patients feel .
A .on board B） at ease C） at leisure D） at heart
60.The accused was to have been the leader of the plot to overthrow the government.
A） reconciled B） blended C） alleged D） referred
61. She the letter， put it in the envelope and handed it to her father.
A） folded B） wrapped C） rolled D） slided
62. In the last century， new drugs have improved health throughout the world.
A） inconsistently B） supposedly C） notedly D） markedly
63. Now a paper argues that organic chemicals in the rock come mostly from on earth rather than bacteria on Mars.
64. When he went to the airport for the ticket， Tom suddenly realized that his passport had for half a year.
A） abolished B） expired C） amended D） constrained
65. Since the information was easily， we found it immediately.
A） acceptable B） accessory C） accessible D） possible
66.There is no known cure for SARS， but doctors are developing ways to help sufferers it.
A） retard B） eliminate C） dispense D） handle
67. She was her brains to remember the man's time， but her bad memory failed her.
A） hitting B） beating C） racking D） exhausting
68. Many apartments have doors with a security window so that one may outside and observe visitors without being seen.
A） peer B） peek C） peel D） pile
69. French cars are more elegantly styled than their British .
A） counterparts B） equals C） ones D） copies
70. After failing his driving test four times， he finally trying to pass.
A） gave up B） gave away C） gave off D） gave in
Part Ⅳ Error Correction （15 minutes）
Directions：This part consists of a short passage. In this passage， there are altogether 10 mistakes， one in each numbered line. You may have to add a word， cross out a word， or change a word. Mark out the mistakes and put the corrections in the blanks provided. If you cross out a word， put a slash in the blank.
The place of the child in society has varied for thousands of
years and has been effected by different cultures and religions.In 71___.
ancient times unwanted children were occasionally abandoned，
put to death， exploiting or offered for religious sacrifices， and in 72___.
any event a large percentage of them didn't survive their physi
cally hazardous existence to reach to maturity. 73___.
In western civilization within the last few hundred years，
there have been many changes in attitude with the young. In agri 74___.
cultural Europe， and later with the beginning of the Industrial
Revolution， the children of the poor work long hours for little or 75___.
no pay， and there was no public concern on their safety or welfare 76___.
punishment could be brutal and severe.
By the eighteenth century the harsh and severe methods be
gan to show any change. Society slowly accorded（给予） children 77___.
a role of importance. Books were written expressly for them and
gradually laws were passing for their protection. Efforts were 78___.
made to create for them a life better than their parents！ 79___.
In the past few decades parents have become more and more
attentive for the needs of their children.Better health care is avail
able and education is no longer reserving for the children from 80___.
Part Ⅴ Writing （30 minutes）
Economic Development and Moral Decline