您的位置:文化视窗 >> 文学与艺术 >> 诗歌  
老黑喬
2006-6-28 17:49

Old Black Joe老黑喬

  (1)

  Gone are the days when my heart was young and gay; 那些心頭年輕、無憂無慮的日子已離我遠去

  Gone are my friends from the cotton fields away; 我的伙伴也離開了棉花田

  Gone from the earth to a better land I know, 離開這裡到一個更好的地方,我知道

  I hear their gentle voices calling, "Old Black Joe!" 我聽見他們柔聲呼喚

  (Refrain:) I'm coming, I'm coming, for my head is bending low; 「老黑喬!」(反覆)

  I hear their gentle voices calling, 我來了,我來了,因為我的頭漸漸低垂;

  "Old Black Joe!" 我聽見他們柔聲呼喚「老黑喬!」

  (2)

  Why do I weep when my heart should feel no pain? 我為何哭泣,我心並不悲傷?

  Why do I sigh that my friends come not again? 我為何要嘆息伙伴不復來?

  Grieving for forms now departed long ago, 只為懷念早已逝去的人,

  I hear their gentle voices calling, 我聽見他們柔聲呼喚

  "Old Black Joe!"「老黑喬!」

  (3)

  Where are thee hearts once so happy and so free? 昔日快樂無羈的人們,如今安在?

  The children so dear that I held upon my knee? 還有,我抱在膝上可愛的小傢伙?

  Gone to the shore where my soul has longed to go, 他們都已到了我靈魂所渴望去的海岸,

  I hear their gentle voices calling,我聽見他們柔聲呼喚

  "Old Black Joe!"「老黑喬!」

  相关信息