1. We may improve our aural ability by speaking English in the native and idiomatic way. The pronunciation, intonation and sentence structure should not be in Chinese style.
2. Keeping a relaxed, natural and steady mood when listening to some materials. Namely, to establish self-confidence and to develop excellent psychological quality are essential in the improvement of aural ability.
3. We may make some simple notes while listening, for examples, the names of people and places, time, age, distance, occupation, figures and so on to get a better understanding of the content.
4. Catching the drift of the content instead of understanding every word and never waste too much time on single words.
5. Pay close attention to CONCESSION and TRANSITION so as to correctly understand the attitudes of the speakers. The following words are most important: even though, even so, in spite of, unless, although, no matter, however, whatever, no, nor, neither…nor, but….
密切注意听力材料中的让步与转折以便正确把握说话人的态度。特别关注这些词：even though, even so, in spite of, unless, although, no matter, however, whatever, no, nor, neither…nor, but….
6. If we may learn by heart new words by listening some word tapes, the results must be satisfactory.