18. People should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing.
Write an essay on the following topic； describe and use specific details to support your answer （300 words）：
1. In some countries， teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea？
2. A person you know is planning to move to your town or city. What do you think this person would like and dislike about living in your town or city？
3. When famous people such as actors， athletes， and rock stars give their opinions， many people listen. Do you think we should pay attention to these opinions？
4. In general， people are living longer now. Discuss the causes of this phenomenon.
5. In general， people are living longer now. How will this change affect society？
6. Choose a building that has special meaning for you and explain.
7. We all work or will work in our jobs with many different kinds of people. In your opinion， what are some important characteristics of a co-worker？
8. What is one of the most important decisions you have made？ Why was this decision important？
9. Many parts of the world are losing important natural resources， such as forests， animals， or clean water. Choose one resource that is disappearing and explain why it needs to be saved.
10. Imagine that you have received some land to use as you wish. How would you use this land？
11. Is it better for children to participate in team sports or individual sports？ Why？
12. Music tells us something about a culture. What does the music of your country reveal about the culture of your country？
13. What is the most important animal in your country？ Why is this animal important？
14. A gift （such as a soccer ball， a camera， or an animal） can contribute to a child？ˉs development. What gift would you give to help a child develop？
15. In the twentieth century， food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live？
16. It has been said， ？°Not everything that is learned is contained in books.？± Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books.
17. Think of the most important class you have ever taken. Why did you enjoy this class so much？
18. What do you consider to be the most important room in a house？
19. You need to travel from your home to a place 40 miles （64 kilometers） away. Compare the different kinds of transportation you could use.
20. Your school has received a gift of money. What do you think is the best way for your school to spend this money？
21. If you could make one important change in a school that you attended， what change would you make？
22. Would you prefer to live in a traditional house or in a modern apartment building？
23. Your country is going to build a new national university. What academic area should be the main focus of this university？
24. Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums？
25. It is sometimes said that borrowing money from a friend can harm or damage the friendship.
26. Effective advertising sells products. Describe an advertisement and explain why it is effective.
27. Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion， what are the qualities of a good neighbor？
28. The twentieth century has seen great change. In your opinion， what is one change that should be remembered about this century？
29. When choosing a place to live， what do you consider most important： location， size， style， number of rooms， types of rooms， or other features？
30. Films can tell us a lot about the country in which they were made. What have you learned about a country from watching its movies？
31. Because of developments in communication and transportation， countries are becoming more and more alike. How is your country becoming more similar to other places in the world？