Which do you think is preferable？ Use specific examples to support your preference （write 300 words）：
1. Some high schools require all students to wear school uniforms. Other high schools permit students to decide what to wear to school.
2. You have been told that dormitory rooms at your university must be shared by two students. Would you rather have the university assign a student to share a room with you， or would you rather choose your own roommate？
3. Some people believe that the best way of learning about life is by listening to the advice of family and friends. Other people believe that it is through personal experience.
4. Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students.
5. Some people enjoy change， and they look forward to new experiences. Others like their lives to stay the same， and they do not change their usual habits.
6. Some people prefer to spend time with one or two close friends. Others choose to spend time with a large number of friends.
7. Some people think that the family is the most important influence on young adults. Other people think that friends are the most important influence on young adults.
8. Some people choose friends who are different from themselves. Others choose friends who are similar to themselves.
9. Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students. Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students.
10. Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really do not need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives.
11. Some people say that physical exercise should be a required part of every school day. Other people believe that students should spend the whole school day on academic studies.
12. Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home.
13. Some people like doing work by hand. Others prefer using machines.
14. Some students prefer to study alone. Others prefer to study with a group of students.
15. Some people prefer to plan activities for their free time very carefully. Others choose not to make any plans at all for their free time.
16. Choose one of the following careers and explain why it is important to society. （1）accountant （2）actor （3）airplane （4）pilot （5）architect （6）computer programmer （7）dentist （8）farmer （9）lawyer （10）tour guide
Do you support the following statement or facts？ Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer （300 words）：
1. A zoo has no useful purpose.
2. People behave differently when they wear different clothes.
3. Only people who earn a lot of money are successful.
4. People are never too old to attend college or university.
5. Children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so.
6. Television， newspapers， magazines， and other media pay too much attention to the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities.
7. Parents are the best teachers.
8. A sense of humor can sometimes be helpful in difficult situations.
9. It is better to be a member of a group than to be the leader of a group.
10. Schools should ask students to evaluate their teachers. Playing a game is fun only when you win.
11. Playing games teaches us about life.
12. People should read only those books that are about real events， real people， and established facts.
13. A person？ˉs childhood years （the time from birth to 12 years of age） are the most important years of a person？ˉs life.
14. Books are not needed any more because people can read information on computers.
15. People are never satisfied with what they have； they always want something more or something different.
16. High schools should allow students to study the courses that students want to study.
17. Universities should give the same amount of money to their students？ˉ sports activities as they give to their university libraries.