Part I Reading Comprehension （30%）
Directions： There are three passages in this part. Each passage is followed by some questions or unfinished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A, B, C, and D. You should decide on the best choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through center.
Questions 1 to 5 are based on the following passage：
After a busy day of work and play, the body needs to rest. Sleep is necessary for good health. During this time, the body recovers from the activities of the previous day. （76） The rest that you get while sleeping enables your body to prepare itself for the next day.
There are four levels of sleep, each being a little deeper than the one before. As you sleep, your muscles relax little by little. Your heart beats more slowly, and your brain slows down. After you reach the fourth level, your body shifts back and forth from one level of sleep to the other.
Although your mind slows down, from time to time you will dream. Scientists who study sleep state that when dreaming occurs, your eyeballs begin to move more quickly （although your eyelids are closed）. This stage of sleep is called REM, which stands for rapid eye movement.
（77）If you have trouble falling asleep, some people recommend breathing very slowly and very deeply. Other people believe that drinking warm milk will help make you drowsy. There is also an old suggestion that counting sheep will put you to sleep！
1. A good title for this passage is —— .
A. Sleep B. Good Health C. Dreams D. Work and Rest
2. The word drowsy in the last paragraph means —— .
A. sick B. stand up C. asleep D. a little sleepy
3. This passage suggests that not getting enough sleep might make you ——.
A. dream more often B. have poor health
C. nervous D. breathe quickly
4. During REM,—— .
A. your eyes move quickly B. you are restless
C. you dream D. both A and B
5. The average number of hours of sleep that an adult needs is—— .
A. approximately six hours B. about eight hours
C. around ten hours D. not stated here
Questions 6 to 10 are based on the following passage：
Obviously television has both advantages and disadvantages.
（78）In the first place, television is not only a convenient source of entertainment, but also a comparatively cheap one. With a TV set in the family people don't have to pay for expensive seats at the theatre, the cinema, or the opera. All they have to do is to push a button or turn a knob, and they can see plays, films, operas and shows of every kind. Some people, however, think that this is where the danger lies. The television viewers need to nothing. He does not even have to use his legs if he has a remote control. He makes no choice and exercises, no judgment. He is completely passive and has everything presented to him without any effort on his part.
Television, it is often said, keeps one informed about current events and the latest developments in science and politics. The most distant countries and the strangest customs are brought right into one's sitting room. It could be argued that the radio performs this service as well； but on television everything is much more living, much more real. Yet here again there is a danger. The television screen itself has a terrible, almost physical charm for us. （79）We get so used to looking at the movements on it, so dependent on its pictures, that it begins to control our lives. People are often heard to say that their television sets have broken down and that they have suddenly found that they have far more time to do things and that they have actually begun to talk to each other again. It makes one think, doesn't it？
There are any other arguments for and against television. We must realize that television itself is neither good nor bad. It is the uses that it is put to that determine its value to society.
6. What is the major function of paragraph 1？
A. To arouse the reader's concern
B. To introduce the theme of the whole passage
C. To summarize the whole passage
D. To sate the primary uses of TV
7. Television, as a source of entertainment, is .
A. not very convenient B. very expensive
C. quite dangerous D. relatively cheap
8. Why are some people against TV？
A. Because TV programs are not interesting
B. Because TV viewers are totally passive
C. Because TV prices are very high.
D. Because TV has both advantages and disadvantages
9. One of the most obvious advantages of TV is that .
A. it keeps up informed B. it is very cheap
C. it enables us to have a rest D. it controls our lives
10. According to the passage, whether TV is good or not depends on .
A. its quality B. people's attitude towards it
C. how we use it D. when we use it
Questions 11 to 15 are based on the following passage：
Too often young people get themselves employed quite by accident, not knowing what lies in the way of opportunity for promotion, happiness and security. As a result, they are employed doing jobs that afford them little or no satisfaction. （80）Our school leavers face so much competition that they seldom care that they do as long as they can earn a living. Some stay long at a job and learn to like it； others quit form one to another looking for something to suit them. The young graduates who leave the university look for jobs that offer a salary up to their expectation. Very few go out into the world knowing exactly what they want and realizing their own abilities. The reason behind all this confusion is that there never has been a proper vocational guidance in our educational institution. Nearly all grope （摸索） in the dark and their chief concern when they look for a job is to ask what salary is like. They never bother to think whether they are suited for the job or, even more important, whether the job suits them. Having a job is more than merely providing yourself and your dependants with daily bread and some money for leisure and entertainment. It sets a pattern of life and, in many ways, determines social status in life, selection of friends, leisure and interest.
In choosing a career you should first consider the type of work which will suit your interest. Nothing is more pathetic than taking on a job in which you have no interest, for it will not only discourage your desire to succeed in life but also ruin your talents and ultimately make you an emotional wreck （受到严重伤害的人） and a bitter person.
11. The reason why some people are unlikely to succeed in life is that they .
A. have ruined their talents B. have taken on an unsuitable job
C. think of nothing but their salary D. are not aware of their own potential
12. The difficulty in choosing a suitable job lies mainly in that .
A. much competition has to be faced
B. many employees have no working experience
C. the young people only care about how much they can earn
D. schools fail to offer students appropriate vocational guidance
13. Which of the following statements is most important according to the passage？
A. Your job must suit your interest.
B. Your job must set a pattern of life.
C. Your job must offer you a high salary.
D. Your job must not ruin your talents.
14. The best title for this passage would be .
A. What Can A Good Job Offer. B. Earning A Living
C. Correct Attitude On Job-hunting D. How To Choose A Job
15. The word "pathetic" in Paragraph 2 most probably means .
A. splendid B. miserable C. disgusted D. touching
Part Ⅱ Vocabulary and Structure （30%）
Directions： In this part there are 30 incomplete sentences. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
16. Today books are to everyone because they are no longer expensive.
A. available B. preferable C. reliable D. actual
17. We shall ask for samples and then we can make our decision.
A. to be sent B. being sent
C. to sent D. to have been sent
18. The forest fire caused by the volcano is difficult to be .
A. put off B. put away C. put out D. put up
19. It was not midnight that they discovered the children were not in their beds.
A. before B. at C. after D. until
20. The girl is not happy at the new school. She has friends there.
A. few B. a few C. little D. quite a few
21. Robots have already human tasks in the industrial field.
A. taken on B. taken out C. taken up D. taken over
22. I can't find the recorder in the room. It by somebody.
A. must have taken B. may have taken
C. may have been taken D. should have been taken
23. He took the medicine, but it didn't have any .
A. answer B. cause C. effect D. work
24. It is that over one million Americans now live below the poverty line.
A. judged B. estimated C. calculated D. considered
25. He left an important detail in his account.
A. off B. over C. behind D. out
26. When there are small children around, it is necessary to put bottles of pills out of .
A. hand B. hold C. place D. reach
27. I hadn't seen him for years, but I his voice on the telephone.
A. realized B. discovered C. recognized D. heard
28. This place, originally a small town, has been into a modern city.
A. transported B. transferred C. transmitted D. transformed
29. There was nobody when we came round the corner.
A. out of sight B. at sight C. by sight D. in sight
30. We'll be only too glad to attend your party we can get a baby-sitter.
A. so far as B. provided that C. unless D. except that
31. They couldn't him of his mistake.
A. advise B. convince C. persuade D. believe
32. The old gentleman never fails to help is in need of his help.
A. whom B. who C. whoever D. whomever
33. under a microscope, a fresh snowflake has a delicate six-pointed shape.
A. Seeing B. Seen C. To see D. To be seen
34. "When are you going to visit your uncle in Chicago？"
"As soon as our work for tomorrow."
A. we're complete B. we'd complete C. we'll complete D. we complete
35. Neither John nor I able to persuade Richard's grandfather to attend the wedding.
A. am B. are C. are to be D. is
36. You ought the matter to the manager the day before yesterday.
A. to report B. to have reported C. to reporting D. have reported
37. We look forward to to the opening ceremony.
A. invite B. be invited
C. having been invited D. being invited
38. Excuse me, but it is time to have your temperature .
A. taking B. taken C. took D. take
39. I cannot the truth of your words, although they go against my interests.
A. but admit B. but admitting
C. help but to admit D. help but admitting
40. When I went to visit Mrs. Smith last week, I was told she two days before.
A. has left B. was leaving C. would leave D. had left
41. The boat will not arrive forty-four hours.
A. in B. at C. for D. by
42. In winter, animals have a hard time anything to eat.
A. to find B. to finding C. to find out D. finding
43. Since you won't take advice, there is no in asking for it.
A. place B. point C. reason D. way
44. is know to all, too much smoking will cause lung cancer.
A. That B. It C. As D. What
45. They have developed techniques which are to those used in most factories.
A. more B. better C. greater D. superior
Part Ⅲ Identification （10%）
Directions： Each of the following sentences has four underlined parts marked A, B, C and D. Identify the one that is not correct. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
46. I'm old enough（A）not to （B）let my troubles to interfere （C）with （D）my work.
47. It was（A） in the （B）primary school where （C）my teacher introduced me to （D）computers.
48. Where （A）did the accident in which （B）your friend was hurt （C）took place（D）？
49. There are（A） twelve people take part in （B）the experiment, four working（C） as a（D） group.
50. Red and green （A）light, if mixing（B）, in （C）the right proportion, will give （D）us yellow.
51. We strongly （A）suggest that （B）Smith is told （C）about his （D）physical condition as soon as possible.
52. Nearly three quarters of the surface （A）of the earth are（B） covered with water, and there （C）would be even less land if （D）the polar icecaps were melt.
53. The seventeenth century was one which （A）many significant advances （B）were made （C）in both （D）science and philosophy.
54. No matter whatever happens（A）, we're determined to do our best（B） and make （C）the experiment a success.（D）
55. Let's not （A）waste time on matters of no important（B）. We have other vital（C） problems to deal with.（D）
Part Ⅳ Cloze （10%）
Directions： there are 20 blanks in the following passage, and for each blank there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D at the end of the passage. You should choose ONE answer that best fits into the passage. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet whit a single line through the center.
What do we mean by a perfect English pronunciation？ In one 56 there are as many different kinds of English as there are speakers of it. 57 two speakers speak in exactly the same 58 . We can always hear differences 59 them, and the pronunciation of English 60 a great deal in different geographical 61 . How do we decide what sort of English to use as a 62 ？ This is not a question that can be 63 in the same way for all foreign learners of English. 64 you live in a part of the world 65 India or West Africa, where there is a long 66 of speaking English for general communication purpose, you should 67 to acquire a good variety of the pronunciation of this area. It would be 68 in these circumstances to use as a model BBC English or 69 of the sort. On the other hand, if you live in a country 70 there is no traditional use of English, you must take 71 your model some form of 72 English pronunciation. It does not 73 very much which form you choose. The most 74 way is to take as your model the sort of English you can 75 most often.
56. A. meaning B. sense C. case D. situation
57. A Not B. No C. None D. Nor
58. A. type B. form C. sort D. way
59. A. between B. among C. of D. from
60. A. changes B. varies C. shifts D. alters
61. A. areas B. parts C. countries D. spaces
62. A. direction B. guide C. symbol D. model
63. A. given B. responded C. satisfied D. answered
64. A. Because B. When C. If D. Whether
65. A. as B. in C. like D. near
66. A. custom B. use C. tradition D. habit
67. A. aim B. propose C. select D. tend
68. A. fashion B. mistake C. nonsense D. possibility
69. A. everything B. nothing C. anything D. things
70. A. where B. that C. which D. wherever
71. A. to B. with C. on D. as
72. A. practical B. domestic C. native D. new
73. A. care B. affect C. trouble D. matter
74. A. effective B. sensitive C. ordinary D. careful
75. A. listen B. hear C. notice D. find
Part Ⅴ Translation （20%）
Directions： In this part there are five sentences which you should translate into Chinese. These sentences are all taken from the 3 passages you have just read in the part of Reading Comprehension. You can refer back to the passages so as to identify their meanings in the context.
76. The rest that you get while sleeping enables your body to prepare itself for the next day. （Passage 1）
77. If you have trouble falling asleep, some people recommend breathing very slowly and very deeply. （Passage 1）
78. In the first place, television is not only a convenient source of entertainment, but also a comparatively cheap one. （Passage 2）
79. We get so used to looking at the movements on it, so dependent on its pictures, that it begins to control our lives. （Passage 2）
80. Our school leavers face so much competition that they seldom care what they do as long as they can earn a living. （Passage 3）
Directions： In this part there are five sentences in Chinese. You shculd translate them into English. Be sure to write clearly.
2. D drowsy：瞌睡的，想睡的。因为上一句的意思是："如果你睡觉有
3. B 答案在文章的第一段第二句话： "Sleep is necessary for good
4. D答案在第三段第二句话： "Scientists who study sleep state that
when dreaming occurs your eyeballs begin to move more quickly．"意
6. B文章的第一段只有一句话："Obviously television has both advantages
7． D 答案在文章第二段的第二句话："In the first place，television is
not only a convenient source of entertainment，but also a comparatively
8．B答案在文章的第二段有这样两个句子："some people think that this
is where the danger lies．""He is completely passive and has everything
presented to him without any effort On his part．"有些人认为电视的危
9．A答案在第三段的第一句话："television，it is often said，keeps one
informed about current events and the latest developments in science
10．C 答案在文章的最后一句话："It is the uses that is put to that determine value to society." 意思是："电视的使用决定它对社会的价值。"因此C正确答案。
11．B答案可以在最后一段找到："Nothing is more pathetic than taking
on a job in which you have no interest，for it will not only discourage
your desire to succeed in life but also ruin your talents．"因此有些人
13. A答案在第二段第一句话。 "In choosing a career you should first
consider the type of work which will suit your interest．"选择职业的
16．A available：可利用的，可获得的，可到达的。例如：These tickets are
available for seven days only．这些票有效期只有七天。They tried all
available means to save the old man．他们想尽了一切办法来救这位老人。
18．C 本句测试put的短语动词的用法。put out：扑灭，熄灭（灯）例如：
They put the fire out with water．他们用水把火扑灭了。put off：推迟，
延期。Let's put the English Evening off to next week．咱们把英语晚会
推迟到下周举行吧。put away：放好，收好。Put away the tea things in
the cupboard．把茶具放到橱柜里。put up：举起，升起。Put up your
hands if you have any questions．有问题举手。因此只有C符合题意。本
21．D 本句测试take短语动词的语法。take over：承担，接管。
例如：He wi11 take over his father's business．他将接替他父亲的事业。
They took on a new secretary．他们雇用了一名新秘书。take out：拿 出，取出。
例如：Please take out a piece of paper，let's have a dictation．请拿出一张纸来，我们开始听写。take up：占据（时间、空间）This bookcase take up too much room．这个书架占了太多的空间。
23． C effect：效果，作用。本句话的意思是："他吃了药，但是没有一点作用。"
24．B it is estimated that…据估计。本句的意思是："据估计：大约有一百多万美国人生活在贫困线以下。"
25 . D 本句测试leave短语动词的用法。leave out：遗漏，缺漏。例如：
The printer has left out two lines from this paragraph．印刷工把这一
节。"因此D最符合题意。leave off．停止，结束。例如：It's time to
leave off work是下班的时候了。leave over：剩下，省下。例如：
How much money was left over？还剩多少钱？leave behind：遗留，丢下。例如：The men had all run away, leaving only women and children behind.男人们都跑了，只剩下老年妇女和孩子。
26．D out of reach：固定搭配，意思是："够不着"本句的意思是：
28. D 本句测试四个动词的辨析。transform：改变，转变。transform one
form of energy into another：把一种能变成另一种能。本句的意思是：
D最符合题意。transport：运送，运输。transport passengers from Shanghai to Beijing从上海运送乘客到北京。transfer：转移，转系。transfer from the army to the navy从陆军转到海军。transfer to another college转学到另一所学院。transmit：传输，传递，传播。
29. D in sight：在视线之内，看的见。本句的意思是："我们转弯的时
候，没有看见任何人。Out of sight在视线之外，看不见。
30. B 本句测试连词的用法。provided that：假如，以……为条件，相当
于if例如：I will come provided that I am well enough．如果我完全 好了我就来。I will lend you my book provided that you keep it clean．只要你保证书的干净整洁，我就把书借给你。本句的意思是："如果
合题意。unless：除非，如果不……例如：I shall go there unless it
rains．如果不下雨我就去。I shall sleep with the windows open unless
it's really cold．如果天气不是非常冷的话，我就开着窗户睡觉。except that：除了……Your article is quite good except that there are several spelling mistakes．你的文章很好，除了几个拼写错误。SO（as）far as：（表示程度，范围）就……，尽……至于……，as far as I know就我所知。as far as possible尽可能。
31．B convince sb of sth：使某人确信某事。本句的意思是："他们不
能够使他相信他自己的错误。"因此B最符合题意。persuade sb. to dosth劝说某人做某事。
连接主语时，谓语动词要采取就近原则。例如：Neither Tom nor I
nor anybody else knows how to do it．不论是你，我或者是其他任何
人都不知道怎么做。Either John or his friends are to blame for the
36．B 本句测试情态动词ought to+完成时，表示应当做的事情而没有
37．D look forward to短语中的to是介词，因此其后要接动名词做宾
38．B 固定用法：have sth done：表示这个动作由别人来完成。例如：I
had my dress mended．我让人把我的衣服修补好了。They had some
39．A cannot but+原形动词：不得不，必然。例如：He cannot but
wait．他只好等着。I cannot but agree．我不得不同意。本句的意思
时）。例如：I'll be back in a day or two．我过一两天就会回来。My
son's birthday is in two week's time．我儿子的生日再过两周就到了。
difficulty，trouble，problem，fun，a hard time等通常使用动名词，实
climbing trees，I had no difficulty reaching the top．因为习惯爬树了，
我毫不费力就爬到了最高处。"why were you late？""I had a hard
time getting up this morning．"你为什么又迟到了？因为今天早晨起
43．B there is no point in doing sth…it is no point in doing sth．．，
做……事情毫无意义。There is no point in doing SO．这样做毫无意
义。There is not much point in repairing the old car．那辆旧汽车修
44．C 固定用法as is known to all：众所周知。本句的意思是："众所周
知，吸烟过多会引起肺癌。又如："As is known to all，the earth
moves around the sun．．"
45．D 短语：be superior to：优越于……。又如："He thinks he is
superior to us because his father is an important person．． 他因为父亲是
47．C 应改为that，强调句型：it is…that.本句的意思是："是在小
50．B 应改为mixed，因为分词和主语："red and green light"是动宾
51．C 应改为be told，因为是suggest引导的宾语从句，谓语动词省略了
54．A 应改为what happen ；，因为no matter what-whatever.本句的
55．B 应改为matters of no importance, of 后要接名词。本句意思是：
56．B in.no sense：在某种意义上，固定用法。其余几个词都不能和in
58．D in the same Way.固定用法。本句的意思是："没有两个人讲的英
59．A difference between them，它们之问的区别。本句的意思是："我
60．B vary in在……方面不同。固定用法。
61．A in different geographical areas：这里指不同的地理区域英语的发
62．D use as a model，意思是：作为一个范例。本句的意思是："我们如
66．C a long tradition of speaking English：这里指讲英语的古老的传统。
69．C or anything of this sort：这里指任何诸如此类的。
72．A some form of practical English pronunciation：这里指有实际用
73．D it does not matter…没有关系。本句的意思是："选择哪种形式
74．A the most effective way…最有效发方法。
78．翻译时注意短语："not only…but also：不仅……而且".译文：首
句以及as long as：只要。译文：我们的毕业生就业面临着激烈的竞
81．此句为简单句。注意短语：come up with：想出。以及介词和名词的
搭配。A solution to the problem．译文：They are trying to come up
with a solution to the problem．
82．此句为含有时间状语的祈使句。注意短语要用：forget to do sth：表
示动作还没有发生。译文：Don't forget to turn off the lights when
you leave the classroom．
He prefers to do his homework while listening to the music．
84．此句为含有形式宾语的从句。注意：短语be based on…以……为
基础。I have made it clear that his conclusion is based on facts．
85．此句为简单句。注意短语：the ability tO think independently or to
think on one's own：独立思考的能力。译文：As for the young，the
ability to think independently is very important．
- · 2016年11月6日学位英语答案解析统考卷：阅读（网络版）
- · 2016年11月6日学位英语考试真题答案解析（汇总）
- · 2016年11月6日学位英语考试真题答案解析（统考卷）：写作
- · 2016年11月6日学位英语考试真题答案解析（统考卷）：翻译
- · 2016年11月6日学位英语考试真题答案解析（统考卷）：完形填空
- · 2016年11月6日学位英语考试真题答案解析（统考卷）：完成对话
- · 2016年11月6日学位英语考试真题（统考卷）：完形填空
- · 2016年11月6日学位英语考试真题（统考卷）：写作
- · 2016年11月6日学位英语考试真题（统考卷）：翻译
- · 2016年11月6日学位英语考试真题答案解析（统考卷）：词汇语法