1. in the past， at the moment it is a favorite choice for wedding gown.
A. Unpopular has as white been B. White has been as unpopular
C. Unpopular has been as white D. Unpopular as white has been
2. for a long time， the fields are all dried up.
A. There has been no rain B. Having no rain
C. There having been no rain D. There being no rain
3. The millions of calculations involved， by hand， would have lost all practical value by the time they were finished.
A. had they been done B. they had been done C. having been done D. they were done
4. Televisions enable us to see things happen almost at the exact moment .
A. which they are happening B. they are happening
C. which they happen D. they have happened
5. me most was that the young boy who had lost both arms in an accident could handle a pen with his feet.
A. That amazed B. It amazed C. Which amazed D. What amazed
6. Although she wrote a lot of short stories and poems when she was very young， __ she was twenty-five.
A. her first real success did not come until B. her real first success came until not
C. since her first real success did not come until D. not until her first real success
7. You should know better than your little sister at home by herself.
A. to leave B. leaving C. to have left D. left
8. As the train will not leave until one hour later， we grab a bite at the snack bar.
A. may well B. just as well C. might as well D. as well
9. She resorted to when she had no money to buy foods for her children.
A. have stolen B. steal C. stole D. stealing
10. The boy has admitted to the window while playing football yesterday.
A. breaking B. having been broken C. break D. be breaking
11. Anna was reading a piece of science fiction， completely to the outside world.
A. having been lost B. to be lost C. losing D. lost
12. in the United States， St. Louis has now become the 24th largest city.
A. Being the fourth biggest city B. It was once the fourth biggest city
C. Once the fourth biggest city D. The fourth biggest city it was
13. She always put her medication on the top of the shelf lest the children it by mistake.
A. took B. should take C. had taken D. would take
14. The earnings of women are well below that of men educational differences that are diminishing between the two sexes.
A. although B. though C. despite of D. in spite of
15. When I got out of the car and walked about among them， one old man who shook his head disapprovingly， they all began to cheer.
A. see that B. except that C. provided that D. except for