第八讲： 词汇练习 一
1. The child was seriously _________ in the accident.
A. damaged B injured C ill D bad
2. The cyclist was ________ his bicycle.
A hit off B knocked off C knocked down D hit down
3. Road accidents are a ________ cause of deaths.
A major B great C large D important
4. There was a _______ accident at his junction last week.
A lethal B deadly C fatal D deathly
5. More than 400 children ________ on the roads in 1988.
A were dead B dead C killed D were killed
6. I was on the motorway when my car ________ petrol.
A ran down B ran off C killed D were killed
7. The car ________ on the motorway.
A broke B broke down C broke up D broke in
8. He drove across the junction， although the ________were red.
A lamps B indicatiors C signs D lights
9. My motorcycle was very badly ________ in the accident.
A broken B injured C damaged D hurt
10. This is not a busy road - the traffic is very ________.
A small B light C little D few
11. The ________ of the train were full. there was nowhere to sit.
A waggons B carts C carriages D platform
12. The 8.15 for London will leave from________ nine.
A pavement B place C gate D platform
13. I was ________him for losing the key.
A annoyed B annoying C annoyed with D annoying with
14. I bumped into John in the ______ of the train.
A way B passage C corridor D path
15. It's better to catch the ________. It only stops once.
A fast B speedy C rapid D express
16. Did you manage to get a ________ on the train this morning？
A seat B sit C chair D bench
17. The train broke down and the _______ had to get off.
A passengers B pedestrians C travellers D riders
18. I prefer flying to going ________.
A on ship B by sea C on sea D sailing
19. My travelling ________ objected to my smoking.
A colleagues B associates C companions D friends
20. The train was slowly ________ up the long hill.
A driving B riding C travelling D journeying
21. This model ________ more than that one.
A prices B values C costs D worth
22. I'll have the same ________ you.
A as B from C of D to
23. He knows all about these things. He's a ________.
A special B especial C specialist D specialiser.
24. I got ________ from a faulty electric iron.
A a surprise B a shock C a charge D an electricity
25. The men took two days to load the _______on to the ship.
A cargo B packages C luggage D passengers
26. What ________ does your company sell？
A produce B production C producing D product
27. I'd like a 60 W ________， please.
A bulb B shade C light D torch
28. I can't change this plug. I haven't got an_________ screwdriver.
A electrify B electrical C electric D electricity
29. People often buy thins because of the ______ name.
A brand B make C model D trade
30. I couldn't see much because the lighting was too ________.
A dark B shady C dim D dull
> 31. I had to _______ my baby brother when I was young.
A look to B look for C look after D look at
32. He ________ the main role when the actor became ill.
A took on B took to C took off D took up
33. The problems we discussed last week still ________.
A are B be C exit D b***me
34. ________ the bad weather， we decided to go to the beach.
A Despite B In spite C Although D Though
35. There are lots of birds in the square， __________ pigeons.
A as B example C such like D such as
36. I ________ this brooch from my grandmother when she died.
A inherited B received C willed D gained
37. My mother always _______ the laundry on Mondays.
A did B made C washed D cleaned
38. The biggest problem in the world _____ over population.
A consists B comprises C contains B concerns
39. The child was naughty at school and had to see the ______
A top B leader C chief D head
40. Each _______ at my school lasts 12 weeks.
A period B term C class D study
41. I asked the bank manager for a _________.
A lend B loan C borrow D owe
42. You must pay a 20% _________ first.
A deposit B installment C payment D interest
43. It's time we _______.
A gone B go C had gone D went
44. I can't ______ that new car. I haven't got enough money.
A afford B acquire C obtain D offer
45. It's not his house. He's _______.
A an owner B an occupier C a tenant D a resident
46. There is ________ of this bank in most town
A a shop B a place C an office D a branch
47. This book is extremely expensive. In fact， it's ______.
A worthless B valuable C pricey D priceless
48. If I have time I will come. ______ I may be late.
A But B Though C Although D However
49. What is your annual ______？
A earnings B incoming C fees D income
50. I insured my car ________ accident.
A in case B in case if C in case of D in the case of
1 B 2 B 3 A 4 C 5 D 6 C 7 B 8 D 9 C 10 B
11 C 12 D 13 C 14 C 15 D 16 A 17 A 18 B 19 C 20 C
21 C 22 A 23 C 24 B 25 A 26 D 27 A 28 B 29 A 30 C
31 C 32 A 33 C 34 A 35 D 36 A 37 A 38 D 39 D 40 B
41 B 42 A 43 D 44 A 45 C 46 D 47 D 48 D 49 D 50 C