101. He was one of the greatest writers _____ had ever lived.
102. He would try to ingratiate himself _____ his clients in order to earn more money.
103. Her address made a great impression _____ the audience.
104. Here is one of the most interesting novels that _____ been published _____ the war.
A. has …… after
B. have …… after
C. have …… since
D. has …… since
105. His companions have threatened to _____ his crimes to the police.
106. His extravagance reduced him _____ for his living.
A. to beg
B. from begging
C. to begging
D. into begging
107. His death _____ with age.
108. His long service with the company was _____ with a present.
109. His novel _____ some light on life in China in Ming Dynasty.
110. His tastes and habits _____ with those of his wife.
111. His wife is quite lazy. Her reluctance to wash her own clothes is a case _____ point.
112. His work is only _____， certainly not distinguished.
113. Hot metal _____ as it grows cooler.
114. Housewiver who do not go out to work often feel they are not working to their full _____.
115. How close parents are to their children _____ a strong influence on the character of the children.
D. to have
116. I _____ with thanks the help of my colleagues in the preparation of this new column.
117. I always _____ what I have said.
A. get to
B. see to
C. lead to
D. hold to
118. I am not used _____ to like that.
A. to being spoken
B. to speak
C. being spoken
D. to speaking
119. I am sorry that I must _____ your invitation owing to a previous appointment.
120. I appreciate _____ to your home.
A. to be invited
B. to have invited
C. being invited
D. having invited